New nsx for chrismas

Will, the time has come to turn :frown: my 05 keys over to the man who will take care of the 05 till the christmas raffle, I will do this on sunday the 25th at the club meet.This is going to be hard............bill

I've spoken to Bill about this, and I hope he doesn't mind me speaking on his behalf. Bill knows what a charitable thing it was that his friend did for him and thinks that it's best if the car gets "paid forward", if you will. I tried to tell him that he should enjoy it until the next Christmas dinner but he doesn't want to put too much use into it before the next owner takes over. I just hope that the next person is as generous as to share this tremendous gift with another person also and that it becomes a NSXCA-BA tradition. (Personally, I think Bill's giving it up sooner than later because he knows he might not have the will to do it come next December :wink:).

Two enthusiastic thumbs up to Bill as well as the original benefactor...

J

Will, the time has come to turn :frown: my 05 keys over to the man who will take care of the 05 till the christmas raffle, I will do this on sunday the 25th at the club meet.This is going to be hard............bill

Bill, I don't know if you realize, but after handing over the keys to Mike C he was so choked-up he knew there was no way he could keep that unbelievable NSX without beating the shit out of it.:mad:

It was then I stepped up to the plate [like Sully] and rescued it from a certain fate that would bring tears to the eyes of an auto dismantler. Just in the case of time I might add!:biggrin:

Needless to say and I know it was tough for him, he did the right thing.:confused:

That spectacular red 05 now sits in tamden parked right next to my own red 05 and what a sight it is indeed. Yolanda's new white 08 Vette got kicked just like the dog (me) that sleeps by her bed to a spot on the back porch. Paybacks a bitch!

I swear I'll only drive my own NSX so don't panic if you see that I occasionally put the stock rims (cough) back on.:cool:

Oh, if anyone wants to see the car, as a courtesy to me, CALL FIRST (don't just show up) and I will think about setting up an appointment for viewing :tongue:

Now I have to leave and stand guard for a lucky lottery winner!:frown:

THANKS BILL AND FRIEND!!!!!!!!

jack

Dang Jack! I gotta go check out the awesome new wheels at your place sometime! She got a new vette? That's way cool!

You still up for some sawzall action with my nsx when I move to SF this fall??? :biggrin: All that rear bumper talk has got me thinking about my cars future lol

So I assume Bill's short term baby is going to be raffled off or something?? I assume NSXCA is going to be the ultimate beneficiary of Bill's amazing gift?

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone has heard by now about the $1.25 million home that was just won for the price of a $50 raffle ticket. Over 28,000 tickets were sold with 10% going to charity.
I think I overheard Bill mentioning something to the effect the only thing he would like out of the giveaway is an all expenses paid trip to some bunny ranch in Nevada.:wink:
All the rest of the proceeds would go directly to a charity. What a guy! Truly an inspirational act and something we all can aspire to. A true roll model.

I guess Bill will at some point give the NSX community more details on how we can all get in on the action, excuse me, I mean RAFFLE.:confused:

The trip to Nevada sounds interesting too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEA.:smile:

Dang Jack! I gotta go check out the awesome new wheels at your place sometime! She got a new vette? That's way cool!

You still up for some sawzall action with my nsx when I move to SF this fall??? :biggrin: All that rear bumper talk has got me thinking about my cars future lol

So I assume Bill's short term baby is going to be raffled off or something?? I assume NSXCA is going to be the ultimate beneficiary of Bill's amazing gift?

You know I'm a scary Mother F____r with a super sawzall anywhere within my reach!:eek:
Thats why Yolanda hides all the blades.

Awww... I thought that maybe the car would be able to be raffled every year and a lucky new owner would keep it until the next year's Christmas dinner and raffle it off to the next lucky owner. But I guess charity is a good cause (not so sure about the trip to NV!). But, whatever happens, I'm sure Bill and his friend will have some extra good karma to have fun with.

Jack, don't forget you also have a project for me (and mine sounds easier than KooLaid's so let's do mine first!).

J

You know I'm a scary Mother F____r with a super sawzall anywhere within my reach!:eek:
Thats why Yolanda hides all the blades.

Yeah but I've seen the results and.... dang! You da man!

well.... I guess unscrewing some nuts and bolts ain't so bad either..... lets get rid of this aircraft carrier mounted to the rear of my car aka nsx rear bumper lol

I'm down for a raffle! Lets start early and give the raffle a great running start for when the drawing rolls around :)

Send cash to ME!!!!

Yea but since you gave the keys and the car away, that cash should go right into the trunk of the 05 next to the other 05. I hope I don't get them confused!:wink:

Awww... I thought that maybe the car would be able to be raffled every year and a lucky new owner would keep it until the next year's Christmas dinner and raffle it off to the next lucky owner. But I guess charity is a good cause (not so sure about the trip to NV!). But, whatever happens, I'm sure Bill and his friend will have some extra good karma to have fun with.

Jack, don't forget you also have a project for me (and mine sounds easier than KooLaid's so let's do mine first!).

J

James watching me work the sawzall is almost like watching Van Gogh paint the Moaning Lisa. Or was that somebody else? Whatever!

WHEN DO YOU WANT TO START?

yojack1,,,,,did i mention to you that the new events coordinator has a new position she is now the only one that can drive my 05 to keep the battery hot .the events coordinator shoud put it on the road weekly, so when she comes over just hand her the keys,She knows what to do, effective immediately ,just until the ruffle...........thank you L.H............bill

yojack1,,,,,did i mention to you that the new events coordinator has a new position she is now the only one that can drive my 05 to keep the battery hot .the events coordinator shoud put it on the road weekly, so when she comes over just hand her the keys,She knows what to do, effective immediately ,just until the ruffle...........thank you L.H............bill

or you could just put it on a battery tender. :biggrin:

WOW! I will be over sometime today to check out that beast! I am honored that you guys trust me with the miles! If any of you out there has a free Friday or Saturday starting next week, I may need to recruit you to drive. I've got to work sometime you know.:(

WOW! I will be over sometime today to check out that beast! I am honored that you guys trust me with the miles! If any of you out there has a free Friday or Saturday starting next week, I may need to recruit you to drive. I've got to work sometime you know.:(

Now don't forget to call first,:cool: I don't want you just showing up in a surprize visit. :eek: It takes time getting that custom fitted car cover off:mad: and making sure the gas hasn't seeped out to an unsafe level.:redface:

By the way, anyway Eddie has a 1/18 scale red 05 NSX or a white 08 C6 Corvette in stock. I need one of each BAD!

and
DON'T FORGET TO BRING GUM!:wink:

Back