New member saying hello!!

Hi guys!
Boy am I excited to be here! I just bought a 2003 NSX from ebay. I really took a chance on this one as I have never bought a car unseen before. Here is the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=260056305475&rd=1,1

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what they think of the car. I just figured that it was still under warranty so if anything is wrong with it, it can be fixed. The carfax report checked out nicely and it was owned by one other person. Thanks guys!!

Congrats Dad (my dad's name is sang lee)

As for first mods, do the opposite of me and take your time with her. Figure out what you like about the car and what you don't like first.

Congrats on your new ride. That's a nice color and the car looks sweet :cool: . It looks like the car already has been lowered to me.

sanglee24 said:
Hi guys!
Boy am I excited to be here! I just bought a 2003 NSX from ebay. I really took a chance on this one as I have never bought a car unseen before. Here is the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=260056305475&rd=1,1

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what they think of the car. I just figured that it was still under warranty so if anything is wrong with it, it can be fixed. The carfax report checked out nicely and it was owned by one other person. Thanks guys!!

Welcome sanglee24, what a sweet sweet ride. I too an new to this forum and have already found a wealth of information and a group of great people willing to help fellow enthusiasts...=)

Levi

Thanks again guys! You're dad must be Korean:) I can't wait till I get her! I've always wanted an NSX for a long time now and couldn't afford a new one. I just sold my 06 IS 350 for the NSX. Hope I made the right move.:tongue:

Congratulations! You are in luck. I think the pictures in that auction are a little blurry which the NSX doesn't deserve. Satisfy your cravings for speed, style, and remember to hang loose with the NSX! Hope you enjoy your stay here in NSX prime.

Congrats on the car. In my opinion Silverstone is the best looking color. It shows off the lines of the car. Have fun with it. I'm sure you will. Rob

1NSX2NV said:
Congrats on the car. In my opinion Silverstone is the best looking color. It shows off the lines of the car. Have fun with it. I'm sure you will. Rob
1NSX, you have my twin! How's the supercharger on it? I may be paying Comptech a visit someday as my parents live in El Dorado Hills. Thanks again guys for the warm welcome!

Congrats, you got a great car. I was looking to buy that particular NSX in September, but the dealer wouldn't come down to under $56,000. They also wouldn't tell me why the rear bumper was repainted, so I told them good luck sitting on the car for the price they wanted. You got a decent deal for $55,000.

Enjoy the car. The color Silverstone is one of my favorites.

I bought a 98 NSX from that same dealer about 5 years ago. THey were ok to deal with but I think I overpaid.

It looks like the car is lowered. It also looks like the rear valance was repainted, and there are tools missing.

sanglee24 said:
Thanks my1! Soo, what should be my 1st mod be?:biggrin:

I'd say take it easy, the first mod should be the Factor X FX500 turbo system.

charleysung said:
I bought a 98 NSX from that same dealer about 5 years ago. THey were ok to deal with but I think I overpaid.

It looks like the car is lowered. It also looks like the rear valance was repainted, and there are tools missing.

Hmm, the rear bumper was repainted? He never mentioned that to me. Are you certain of this? If this is the case, I absolutely will not buy that car.

DocL said:
Congrats, you got a great car. I was looking to buy that particular NSX in September, but the dealer wouldn't come down to under $56,000. They also wouldn't tell me why the rear bumper was repainted, so I told them good luck sitting on the car for the price they wanted. You got a decent deal for $55,000.

Enjoy the car. The color Silverstone is one of my favorites.

May I ask how you know it was repainted? If this is the case, I am not going to buy it. This is horrible:frown:

sanglee24 said:
May I ask how you know it was repainted? If this is the case, I am not going to buy it. This is horrible:frown:

Are you still in the process of buying the car? If you haven't closed the deal yet, this would be a good time to have an independent mechanic take a look at the car. He might be able to tell if the bumper has been repainted or not, and he can also check for any other problems.

As others have said, it looks like its been lowered as well. I'm no expert, but unless its been done correctly that could mean bad news too. What do NSX owners think about the car being lowered? Another thing, why are there tools missing from the tool kit, are they just not in that picture or are they not with the car? That would suck to have tools missing from your tool kit.

Hope everything works out!

Maybe it has a Mouton 8 way coilover system. :biggrin:

sanglee24 said:

Not sure about the entire bumper, but the rear lower valance was definitely repainted, because it should be mostly silver, but should be painted black around and on the grill parts. This car has it completely painted silver. This is DEFINITELY not a factory paint job.

Very nice and a great colour combo!

Back