New Dreamer, advice please

The supercharger decreases gas mileage slightly under normal driving and a lot more under full throttle. Power needs fuel. Under normal driving my guess is 1-2 MPG. this shouldn't be a concern on this type of car. How much do you plan to drive anyway?

As far as service, the dealer can service anything that's not supercharger related. An advantage of the Comptech supercharger is that the engine management system is still OEM. So all your diagnostics and check engine light functions are the same. If there is a sensor malfunction, it reads like OEM. Many people are not aware that when you go to an aftermarket EMS, you lose part or all of that functionality. The AEM or whatever system is used can still provide diagnostics, but that's to an AEM tuner, not to a dealer. The dealer wants to plug in and read the OEM ecu. That is the same with the Comptech supercharger.

Last edited:
I plan on driving the NSX about 5K a year. That is about what I put on my S2000 now. I have a daily driver, so my "fun car" will be for after work, weekends and nice weather. My S2000 has never even been driven in the rain.. LOL

Then why are you worried about gas mileage... lol

Referring to this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995...rs_Trucks&hash=item4ac29d5938#ht_24514wt_1165
10201403_3.jpg

I just saw this on CL and it includes some pretty nice extra hardware.
If you get a PPI for this car, make sure you get alot of close up snap shots from the inspection at the hard to see areas (undercarriage, fenderwells, etc..)

But it sounds like you want a car that is mostly original. If your plan is to have a worry free ownership and not interested in modifying or tracking the car,
I would suggest looking for a clean original one.

A modified one from a used car dealer, no matter how well inspected will still have some unknowns and may cost you many headaches later. Especially if you are not mechanically inclined.

Last edited:
Yes, this is the one that I am very interested in. It has one previous owner which is probably nice. Since I am not planning on going to the track with it, and I would like something low maintenance, I might be better off waiting for one that is more stock.

Most NSX's for sale need a timing belt. Make sure to have that money for that in your budget.

Good Luck in your search, I just bought mine last July and still love it (and I get bored easy). Can't wait until the weather warms up around here so I can take the roof off.

Back