new Civic type R, cooler than soup.

198 hp
8,000 rpm.
Zero to 62 mph will reportedly come in in 6.6 seconds, top speed of 146 mph.

ugly? you bet.

honda_civic_type_r_13.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_14.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_16.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_7.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_15.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_6.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_4.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_5.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_8.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_9.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_10.jpg

honda_civic_type_r_12.jpg

I like that they tried to bring in some S2000 into the interior, but swing-and-a-miss Honda. It's too much.

I like everything else though... just not the dashboard.

Being NSX owners, we're completely tainted when it comes to other cars' looks. We happen to own one of the most beautiful and timeless automotive designs ever created so that makes it really tough for other cars to compete. Oh, woe is us! :biggrin:

It's ok looking......but kinda reminds me of the Ford Focus for some reason. Just the general shape I guess.

The previous CTR is fugly to...yeah, i know, i own one...... but when you drive it, you change your mind very quickly.

I saw a pic of this new CTR in white, which looked realy good, actualy....... if it comes in that white color, i might have one.
Previous CTR did not come in white in Europe, only in Japan.

Let me see if i can dig it up somewhere....

Minus the spoiler on the back it would look pretty good. I drove the 1.8 executive with 140hp and it wasn't fun at all with fwd. With 200hp at the drive wheels they should work something out for traction.

DutchBlackNsx said:
Here it is...

50648-b-hon+.jpg

I like that view.. To each his own I suppose. I prefered the last R, but this one will probably grow on me over time. It is definently quirky. I am not surprised to see that I am a minority for liking the thing.

That said I still wouldn't own one.

Sport compacts are a hard sell for most well-to-do car enthusiasts- This is largely because they are a compromise by nature.
How do you make a "sport compact"?
Start with a "Compact".
Take a chassis meant to house a fuel efficient powerplant, and roll on skinny rubber, then brace it up best you can, give it a heart transplant, some springs, and anti-roll bars, a new pair of shoes and wha-la! you can add the phrase "sport" to your model designation.
Honda does this better than most, but for folks who can afford not to compromise (like those who drive say... an NSX?) the effort still falls short, and the price isn't such a huge value anymore either- especially when you consider a lightly used S2000 can be had @ 17k, and an older, but not so used NSX can be had between 25-30K

Philip

Its not that bad. I'd take one as a DD. I think a white two door Yaris is more egg-like. Picture one with a yellow interior and theres your egg on wheels! :biggrin:

Back