New car in the Stable!

I am picking up a new to me 2003 M.B. AMG S55 on the 14th. I was looking for a four door car that would satisfy my need for speed and hopefully this will do it!

Specs:
493 hp
4300 Pounds
0-60 4.6s
Quarter mile 12.6s

I will post back with how I like the car and some pictures when I pick it up. BTW I am flying to Texas to buy the car and driving it back so I should get a pretty good feel for the car right away!

Do you plan on using this as your daily driver? We're looking into getting an S500 4Matic since the Chicago winters are pretty bad.

O-Ace said:
Do you plan on using this as your daily driver? We're looking into getting an S500 4Matic since the Chicago winters are pretty bad.

Yes I am planning on using it through the winter, I am planning on getting a nice set of winter tires though. I also have an Excursion if the roads get really bad that I can use.

I was thinking about getting the S500 with 4Matic also, but I decided that the four or five days when the roads are really bad aren't worth not having the car that I want the other 360 days.

If they offered the 4Matic on the S55 I would of went that route, I also considered the Audi A8L and the new V.W. Phaeton, but liked the overall package of the S55.

John,

You're gonna love it! One of my partners has one and it is phenomenal. He had an S500 prior but it was no comparison to the S55. All I can say, BE CAREFUL because you are going to be going REAL fast an never no because it is so smooth. Hope to see you sometime this summer

Tim

jorligan said:
John,

You're gonna love it! One of my partners has one and it is phenomenal. He had an S500 prior but it was no comparison to the S55. All I can say, BE CAREFUL because you are going to be going REAL fast an never no because it is so smooth. Hope to see you sometime this summer

Tim

I truly can't wait to get this car and take my little road trip. I will definitely try to be careful on the way home, I think I will be using the cruise control quite a bit! I would love to get together again this summer, it looks like Devin is going to have some type of Dyno day in July and from your posts your car should be ready. Maybee a few of us local guys can get together for another dinner, the last one was great. BTW I can't wait to see your new car, I was considering a Noble for another play car about a year ago but went with the Caterham.

I guarantee that you will love it. My E55 brings a smile to my face every time I mash the throttle (to be fair the HP/Torque pretty much force the smile to appear, but it's there anyway ;) )

JS

NSXLuvr said:
You must be home by now. SO, where are the pics?:D

great choice btw.

I am leaving on the 14th of this month (Friday) so I should be back home on Sunday. I will post pictures soon afterwards. I can't wait to drive it! I hope I don't get any speeding tickets on the way home. I am taking my Valentine one with me.

Back