new bmw m3

Go drive the two and get back to us :biggrin:

Go drive the two and get back to us :biggrin:
i would drive a 135 (if i had to drive a BMW instead of my 1992 NSX). everything else made by BMW is IMHO pretentious. limos for people who do not like the limo image.
i have been waiting what seems like forever for a lean mean BMW that is fun to drive and won't cost a fortune (as in Bring My Wallet). closest thing they have is a works Mini. or maybe the 2006 Z coupe.

The E46 is the best looking M3. New one does have the Nsx coupe dark roof:biggrin:

I showed up with my nsx to the BMW dealership off of I-5 in Irvine (I sorta did it on purpose because my buddy dared me). I part in the front and notice a couple inside a 4-door M3. No one helping them out, i think they've been there for a while because they were looking for someone to help them. Anyways, after I park, and get out with my friend, 3 guys flock over to our direction, completely ignoring the couple. I looked at the couple and sorta did one of those "but, they were here first..." kinda finger points, but then i just asked to test drive an M3. RIDICULOUS mark up of 10K. They had 6 of them in the lot, god knows how many they have in the back. Wasn't able to test drive because they didn't want any mileage on the M3's. Oh wells, messed around with a 335i. It's okay, doesn't have the same feel as the NSX. IMO not worth 55K+. Fun fact, the M3's without sun roofs have carbon fiber roof. Didn't know that.

I think they look better in person than in photos, but they are far from the best looking M3 ever. That said, if I had the money to buy one, I'm certain it would make a great daily driver.

I showed up with my nsx to the BMW dealership off of I-5 in Irvine (I sorta did it on purpose because my buddy dared me).

I don't see the point?

I part in the front and notice a couple inside a 4-door M3. No one helping them out, i think they've been there for a while because they were looking for someone to help them. Anyways, after I park, and get out with my friend, 3 guys flock over to our direction, completely ignoring the couple. I looked at the couple and sorta did one of those "but, they were here first..."

Thats rude no matter what car you showed up in. But I understand hungry sales people.

RIDICULOUS mark up of 10K. They had 6 of them in the lot, god knows how many they have in the back. Wasn't able to test drive because they didn't want any mileage on the M3's.

They had SIX M3s on the lot? Interesting. $10k markup has got to be standard for SoCal. Here in the Midwest its typically that.

Oh wells, messed around with a 335i. It's okay, doesn't have the same feel as the NSX. IMO not worth 55K+. Fun fact, the M3's without sun roofs have carbon fiber roof. Didn't know that.

Not sure how you can compare the two. Different cars. Different purposes. Apples and Oranges.

i'm not comparing the two, just wanted to mention that we wanted to test drive an M3, but wasn't able to, so we test drove a 335i instead. M3 looks pretty mean, and the body lines are simple yet elegant.

I think it looks badass. The new M3 (E92/E90) are the best looking car BMW ever made. It just needs to be lowered (like a stock NSX it got some crazy big wheel gaps) + clear bumper reflector+a front lip (Hamann or AC Schnitzer). Just a few simple minor things to turn it into the best looking new car under $100k.

My classmate just picked up a 4-door E90 M3. It sounds badass, perhaps best sounding car under $100k ever made (stock), even better than the already good sounding 335i with exhaust valve on fully open position.

People sometimes have a stuck up/snubby attitude. Unfortunately what is worse is the other side of extreme. There are also some that are "stuck down"/think people who buy just for the image or name. They can't seem to acknowledge that there are people who buy with genuine interest and buy because of total package/performance. Not saying all bimmers are great, they do have some cars that just destroy competitors in its category.

It can be a great buy if you compare to what else is available in its category and what its competitor has to offer. In a lot of places Bimmer are more common than Accords, there is nothing special. No need to get too bent out of shape or have negative energy. I have had occassions that people got really bent out of shape when I show up to a party in my NSX. I take that as ultimate flattery. Are you one of these type?

The E92 is one of the most beautiful cars in person, there is just an ebb and flow with the lines that not many mass production cars can match. The M3 is just a variant of that and it looks a little beefier and shares the same overall look. I think both cars are beautiful and if you like one you will like the other. If you don't like BMW then it might not be your cup of tea.

I can tell you that after owning mine for over a month, the M3 commands more attention and compliments than my NSX does. If it's ugly, I don't know why people pull up to me and compliment the car the way they do, my girlfriend always gets a kick out of the things people will do when they see the car. I've come back to the car to find girls posing on it. The other day a couple guys in a G37 pulled up and told me how much they hated me and asked me to leave them behind in some tire smoke. Yes, it's also a girl car because girls seem to have a primal attraction to BMWs.

The power delivery is great, the torque curve is so flat and the car revs higher than the NSX (8400 RPM.) Handling is awesome. I can't say enough good things about the car. My car is getting ready to show at Bimmerfest next weekend. If any of you come out there, PM me and I'll give you the details. Like Jeremy Clarkson said after he drove the M3 giving it the thumbs up over the S4 and C63, "What a car... What a masterpiece."

Appearantly the E92 motor is from 2001 GTR racing cars, it just got the approval recently, share some similar components of the M5.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198087
if you keep reading you will see this

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAMN View Post
This is not the first BMW M3 with a V8, the Street Version of the M3 GTR in 2001 was. The new M3 comes from the GTR.
The new M3 does not come from the E46 M3 V8 GTR. That engine was a one off. The new motor shares only the displacement and cylinder configuration.

The pics you posted are the only pics I have ever seen froma supposed street version of the car. Rumored they were from a dealership in the Middle East. I have never seen other pics or heard of other street going versions, so I am going to put the total of E46 M3 V8 GTRs at less than 10...probably closer to the 1 or 2 that I have heard rumors of. So....esentially the E46 M3 V8 GTR is VAPORWARE. I am not 100% convinced that street examples really exist.

I saw itin person, I think it looks absolutely gorgeous.

i saw it in person. it looked over done, like a corvette that someone modded to look a little like a ferrari. not at all what i expected. the 335 looks cleaner to me. i did like the M wheels though. the problem is that when you start adding little details it looks good on an M5 but on a 3 series it detracts. the scale is not there.

I'm sure they're fine driving machines, but the new 3 series BMW is a nasty mess, style-wise. BMW used to have such a distinctive look, but they've lost that completely.

OUCH! you really know how to cut into a vehicles styling... I can't imagine a much worse slight! The new Accord is the ugliest thing since the Aztek IMO...
speaking of the "low bar benchmark" Pontiac Aztek crossover - doesn't the new BMW X6 SAV have that look ??

Better engine choices than le ville d' et troit though: twin-turbo direct injection mills
: xDrive50i - 4.4 V8, 400 hp, 450 lbl-ft torque
: xDrive35i - 3.0 I6, 300 hp, 300 lb-ft torque (same as 335 / 135)

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot - over...

:eek:

The E92 is one of the most beautiful cars in person, there is just an ebb and flow with the lines that not many mass production cars can match. The M3 is just a variant of that and it looks a little beefier and shares the same overall look. I think both cars are beautiful and if you like one you will like the other. If you don't like BMW then it might not be your cup of tea.

I can tell you that after owning mine for over a month, the M3 commands more attention and compliments than my NSX does. If it's ugly, I don't know why people pull up to me and compliment the car the way they do, my girlfriend always gets a kick out of the things people will do when they see the car. I've come back to the car to find girls posing on it. The other day a couple guys in a G37 pulled up and told me how much they hated me and asked me to leave them behind in some tire smoke. Yes, it's also a girl car because girls seem to have a primal attraction to BMWs.

The power delivery is great, the torque curve is so flat and the car revs higher than the NSX (8400 RPM.) Handling is awesome. I can't say enough good things about the car. My car is getting ready to show at Bimmerfest next weekend. If any of you come out there, PM me and I'll give you the details. Like Jeremy Clarkson said after he drove the M3 giving it the thumbs up over the S4 and C63, "What a car... What a masterpiece."

You've had it for a month already? Let me see some pics!

You've had it for a month already? Let me see some pics!

I would post some pictures but I have an NDA with a sponsor, can't post pictures until after Bimmerfest. Also this is an NSX forum. :D Stock form it was an absolute chick magnet, preferred by 9 out of 10 females over the NSX so that has to say something about the way it looks. I'll give u a ride sometime. :tongue: But if you look at the alpine white press cars with the CF roof, that's what mine looks like. Ok ok, it looks a bit like this next to the NSX.

2394900252_d6703ffdb4.jpg

And this picture below was when it was bone stock. It's undergone some cosmetic changes. :wink:

2385930863_3d0977ec13.jpg

Coupe I can live with and will probably grow on me. The sedan is almost laughable cosmetically. Looks are not in my top 3 considerations so that aspect alone does not make or break a car by any stretch. The first bangle-mangles literally stunned me with their goofiness. Starting with the 335i coupes they started to look like BMW's again. I have liked the new 7 series since it's debue and the 6 series has a lot of precense.

Back