New Austin NSX Owner

Not new to Austin, but the NSX is (as of today). 97 red/tan bought in Colorado Friday and driven to Austin over the weekend. Have a look!

Attachments

• P1010766 (Small).JPG
    P1010766 (Small).JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 82
  • P1010765 (Small).JPG
    P1010765 (Small).JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 62
Welcome. Great to see some more NSX's in Austin. We need to get together again for another HH, since we have some new owners and some new cars. Any one else up for it? M/W are best for me.

richie

Scin said:
Sweet!

How was the drive? Did you hit any weather?

No weather to speak of. 30 degrees in Hays Kansas when I started day two of the drive home. Boring from Kansas through Oklahoma!

Just got my inspection, title, etc. Now have a Texas license plate.

Do you guys have a front plate? I have an uninstalled bracket for a front plate. The lady at the tax office made a point of saying front AND rear plates.

As for a Saturday get together - can't this weekend. Houseful of company for Thanksgiving.

posse...

Congratz' on the acquisition! Formula red & tan, very classy combo... :cool:

Look fwd to crossing path w/ you and others at a gathering in the near future.

I'm not doing the front plate, but I just moved here and got my plates. The front plate makes the car look awful. I guess we will see how long I can get away with it.

hofffam said:
No weather to speak of. 30 degrees in Hays Kansas when I started day two of the drive home. Boring from Kansas through Oklahoma!

Just got my inspection, title, etc. Now have a Texas license plate.

Do you guys have a front plate? I have an uninstalled bracket for a front plate. The lady at the tax office made a point of saying front AND rear plates.

As for a Saturday get together - can't this weekend. Houseful of company for Thanksgiving.

NSXLuvr said:
Congrats. How many miles? Any mods?

The NSX had 23K miles when I bought it - now has 24K since I put 1300 miles on it over the weekend.

Only mod is an aftermarket intake - but I don't know what brand. The wheels are chromed OEMs. No mods planned right now. Wife says enough is enough (for now)!

Drove it yesterday (11/20) without the top for the first time. We're having beautiful weather right now.

I live in the Lake Travis area. Plan to drive to work (Arboretum area) 1-2 times a week.

I'm not doing the front plate, but I just moved here and got my plates. The front plate makes the car look awful. I guess we will see how long I can get away with it.

You will be fine as long as you don't travel to Banderas:biggrin:

State Troopers have a real problem with no front plates. Most other cops tend to ignore it, though it is always a reason to pull you over. There is a low profile bracket available. I got one from Dali Racing many moons ago. It is not as ugly as the OEM version. Of course I rarely have mine on the front because you don't need a plate where I drive!:biggrin:
Teddy

I have driven an NSX for 6 years here in texas and have been pulled over twice for no front plate. 1 verbal warrning from a sheriff and 1 written warning from a state tropper.

So I don't think it is that big of a deal.

Back