Hertz MLK 165 6.5" door speakers
Zetoolman sub box w/ Earthquake SW10 sub
Dynamat doors
Custom painted gun metal center console/switch bezels
Valentine 1 remote display in clock position
DEFI Heads Up Display
Gentex mirror w/ homelink/compass/map lights
Climate control module in armrest

Systems sounds awesome! I am very impressed with the Hertz speakers. Clean work as usual by Mike and the crew at MVDesignz in Santa Ana, CA. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
howd you do the heads up display bc id love to do that with my car... thanks

Great work Jeff. How were the MVdesignz guys to work with?. Have you had any issues with the turbo system on the electrical system and stereo in your car? Could you tell us an approximate cost for the work?

Rod

Great work Jeff. How were the MVdesignz guys to work with?. Have you had any issues with the turbo system on the electrical system and stereo in your car? Could you tell us an approximate cost for the work?

Rod

Rod
Guys at MVDesignz are very easy to work with...attention to detail. I haven't had any isses w/ the electrical system whatsoever with the 2.3L SC that I have...I don't have a turbo. I sourced my own components and they did the install incl. other labor intensive work (dynamat, window regulators). Their $$ are fair so contact Mike for a quote. I'll talk to you about the quote in detail when I see you at the next meet (Fast & Furious 4 movie meet 4/3 at the Block of Orange??)

Jeff

thats so nice and totally different from other nsx's the gauges almost look factory like they should be there

Jeff,
looks great.

I love the custom Heads Up Display box. Makes me want one too :biggrin:. How is viewing/opinion on the display being in the middle of the car? Where is the control for the heads up, in arm rest also.

I love mine mounted on driver side. I rarely look at the analog speedometer anymore.

Danny

Jeff,
looks great.

I love the custom Heads Up Display box. Makes me want one too :biggrin:. How is viewing/opinion on the display being in the middle of the car? Where is the control for the heads up, in arm rest also.

I love mine mounted on driver side. I rarely look at the analog speedometer anymore.

Danny

Danny-
The controller for the heads up is mounted in the glovebox along w/ the 6 disc changer. The controller for the DEFI gauges is mounted in the armrest w/ the climate control unit.

Viewing the display in the center is taking some getting used to but really haven't driven the car enough...that is all changing though!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thats a sweet console....I haven't got my NSX yet, but when I do, I was going to take my IVA-205 out of my MDX and put it in the NSX...this new Alpine unit has kind of got me thinking to just install one of these instead....how do you like it...overall ok? What about seeing the screen in the sunlight/roof off,,,still ok? Thanks, Curtis

Hi Jeff, thats a sweet console....I haven't got my NSX yet, but when I do, I was going to take my IVA-205 out of my MDX and put it in the NSX...this new Alpine unit has kind of got me thinking to just install one of these instead....how do you like it...overall ok? What about seeing the screen in the sunlight/roof off,,,still ok? Thanks, Curtis

Curtis

Thanks. I went from the 505 to the new 900. User interface has significantly improved. Of course, love the built in NAV as well. Glare is an issue in the NSX even with my coupe...it's tolerable though. Overall, I am VERY pleased with the unit.

Jeff

I love the way your console came out. Do you have any pics of the ccu in the armrest?

-Bryan

Looks great man......your car is a work of art!

I love the way your console came out. Do you have any pics of the ccu in the armrest?

-Bryan

Here ya' go...excuse the dust. The iPod is slid into the lid of the armrest.

DSC07220.jpg

One drawback is that it is more difficult to adjust the temp/access the control knobs but IMO is worth the cleanliness. I also have harnesses so it is more difficult to reach around with your left arm/hand.

Will try to get a night shot of the headunit if I can remember.

Jeff

I may have to look into this project once I get my widebody done. Is there a ton of wires to extend? I really want to redo my console once I get the body work done, and I really like this look.

I may have to look into this project once I get my widebody done. Is there a ton of wires to extend? I really want to redo my console once I get the body work done, and I really like this look.

I did not do the install so don't know how much work it really was. However, I looked under the climate control and would guess about 15-20 wires needed to be extended. They shrink wrapped everything too. BrianK can probably tell you the exact # of wires needed to extend the harness. Maybe he can offer this service??

Jeff

Seen that on another post and a word in the dictionary comes to mind with a picture of a housing project " Ghetto "

Back