• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Negative dealing with ABhagat

I responded (directly by e-mail) to this thread by ABhagat to purchase one of the parts listed.
After exchanging e-mails with him I confirmed on same day thread was listed that I would take the part. He then went cold - no reply despite a follow-up the following day to ask what was happenning?
Then today I finally get a 'sorry' I sold to a local guy who had first dibs and that he was essentially only stringing we respondents along until he confirmed whether the sale would actually go through - it appears from his closing comments on the thread that this applies to the other prospective buyers for the other parts also.
I know that I responded immediately after the post was approved & there was no mention in the opening post about priority to local buyers or a pending sale already in progess for any of these parts. So either an existing pending sale was in place or I was subsequently 'bumped' by a local guy who he gave priority to.
Although his final response was polite, I was thoroughly annoyed by not being told up front what the situation was, when I would have been much more sympathetic.

What a waste of everyone's time. Not how we do things on 'Prime in my opinion.

Ken (As well as the other prospective buyers for the parts I had listed),

Again I am sorry for the confusion but you were not bumped by a local buyer. I began asking around locally around the same time I posted the for sale thread on prime. Again as I said, you were the first Prime member to respond, however I had already received a call from a local buyer interested in all the parts. I'm not trying to pick a fight, especially with someone who helps out in the Prime community so much, but I find it hard to understand why my mistake to add in the thread that the items are being held for sale locally as well requires this thread?
Regards,
Aly

Back