Negative Comments?

Mannnnn, I told you kids not to be using you're slang when caring conversations with the senior citizens of Prime.:biggrin:
(Just trying to bring back some humor)

Oh yea and trying to increase my post count, so i can be cool to, because one day I to will be a senior citizen.:smile:

......From what I have seen Vegas your posts are not very useful. You always just post, I tried this and failed so you can't possibly do it. Showing others where you failed may have some value, but don't really see you helping people to reach their goals.........

Ur joking right?

Wow, I need to get my post count up a bit. (damn you RYU)

We use to have a better solution to some of these problems, it was an effective use of the search feature here on PRIME and the "Forum Nazi" that reminded everyone where the "Search" button was. There are years and years worth of NSX specific info on everything from how to change your oil to how to build your own turbo. All you have to do is look. Some people think that their project is special and needs special attention when the answers are all ready here.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1617843&postcount=16

Dave

That's the thing, most everything has been covered in this section. There are only so many times you can have the same/similar conversation. If everyone searched/read the wealth of info already here, there would be less bickering.

Maybe there is a better way to organize some of the more informative threads of past? As I can understand "searching" for random FI terms will not find you all that there is to know, and that has been said in this section.

off the top of my head back some years we had Armondo with 700rwhp and meth injection without the advantages of all this fancy aem stuff,we had Danny with 1000rwhp and a dry sump.... we've had some pretty adventurous members embark on the Basch boost rollercoaster of yor.....all this info is on prime just waiting to be read by the current crop of boosty mavins.

Armando made 714whp from memory. But he did/and the car still has an AEM EMS and everything modern builds are using. I happen to be doing a motor refresh/upgrade to that car currently.

Danny pushed the limits far before most, and still has done things most have/will not.

This section really got rolling with Gerry Johnson and Basch(with countless members taking the GFCP plunge early on), and has come a LONG way since then.

There was a steep learning curve with this platform, but these days it's pretty much all been laid out for people to find. With that, most of the FI old school brotherhood has moved on to other conversations/platforms.

Threads like this make me remember/miss my old friend Len 3.8.

Last edited:
Threads like this make me remember/miss my old friend Len 3.8.

Agreed, but Len would have ruffled more than a few of the new guys feathers, and who knows what they would have labeled his comments. Len was a dear friend and was the linchpin of our local NSX and tracking scene, but I can hear him saying in my mind, enough with the whining if you think it can be done, DO IT.

Dave

I have waited to chime in on this thread. I do know of several Primers that have been run off/decided not to participate any further. A loss for us all. Information is power and knowledge and history are more power. After all, isn't that what this forum is all about, more power?

I read this forum long before I decided to go FI. I read many of the older Primer's threads and PM'd and posted questions and theories. I got answers and opinions and dealt with them as I thought best.

Some folks are prickly when asking questions or challenging their opinions. That is just human nature. If the information given is open, meant to help, and delivered in a friendly manner, there are usually few issues. But if the information is delivered as "been there, done that, gospel truth", some folks will not take that as helpful or informative. Just an opinion of someone.

I still read this forum and support it. Without the help of some of the so called "haters", I wouldn't have my setup. So please don't walk away. Just tighten up you chin strap and rethink how you want to deliver your message. We're all good here.

I have waited to chime in on this thread. I do know of several Primers that have been run off/decided not to participate any further. A loss for us all. Information is power and knowledge and history are more power. After all, isn't that what this forum is all about, more power?

I read this forum long before I decided to go FI. I read many of the older Primer's threads and PM'd and posted questions and theories. I got answers and opinions and dealt with them as I thought best.

Some folks are prickly when asking questions or challenging their opinions. That is just human nature. If the information given is open, meant to help, and delivered in a friendly manner, there are usually few issues. But if the information is delivered as "been there, done that, gospel truth", some folks will not take that as helpful or informative. Just an opinion of someone.

I still read this forum and support it. Without the help of some of the so called "haters", I wouldn't have my setup. So please don't walk away. Just tighten up you chin strap and rethink how you want to deliver your message. We're all good here.

Best post so far?

Best post so far?

Yes, a very nice objective perspective.

Last edited:

With age comes wisdom. You must be like 85yrs old then! That's almost as old as LMR! :eek:

(am I at 4000 posts yet?)

Damn you RYU! The numbers are close but youth and enthusiasm are no match for experience and treachery. You will still be looking at my tail lights. Thanks Haters.

I am older and wiser then LMR. Kids.....

Last edited:
Wow, I need to get my post count up a bit. (damn you RYU)

Dave
Damn you RYU!
wellillbed128577539163907691.jpg

Unicorns anybody?

Never knew your experience and intelligence on working on cars was judged by your post count or how long you owned an Nsx. I guess who I'm just surprised at how closed minded and negative some people are on here. I apologize for calling you experienced guys haters. I would just prefer to learn new things instead if opening threads full of negative comments.

Never knew your experience and intelligence on working on cars was judged by your post count or how long you owned an Nsx. I guess who I'm just surprised at how closed minded and negative some people are on here. I apologize for calling you experienced guys haters. I would just prefer to learn new things instead if opening threads full of negative comments.
FWIW I've found your threads on Meth/Water, CTSC, and EMS very useful. I appreciate your contribution and thank you.

FWIW I've found your threads on Meth/Water, CTSC, and EMS very useful. I appreciate your contribution and thank you.

More nonsensical post count boosting. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Hey, and what about my threads about actually driving my car around the streets of Las Vegas with your buddy who lives right down the block from me? Those seem pretty useful too. Lol :biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

I think we are talking about basic respect for each other.. a high post count afaik only means you spend more time on prime,you have been registered longer,you like to post,you have not been banned/suspended.This thread is just a response to the other 9 sec thread ,and has uncovered this undercurent of why some folks have stopped posting....anywho imho I think the deeper issue is this trend on car forums for folks to talk to death about something that they will never really do,mostly due to lack of $/willpower/knowledge or whatever vs those that just do and tell the rest of us about the results.I see it all the time on prime.Guys just keep posting and talking about all sorts of stuff they are going to buy/build/massage ..and all it is is just an exercise in psychic energy dispersion,vaporware if you will.....some folks just get fustrated with that.

I like people posting how faster they are not how much they spent. I would careless how much people spend on their car.

Although I can attest to where docjohns post count is a directly correlation to his awesomeness.

Here's the equation:

docjohn postcount - your postcount = how much more awesome he is than you

Turns out, I'm almost half as awesome as him!

.......but to Ken I am but an amaeba......

Back