Need help with Windows XP

my brother has an notebook with XP. He can't access the internet in normal mode. It detects our wireless network and connects, but IE will not bring up anything. In Safe Mode, IE is working just fine. Any ideas?

Also, his copy of Norton Internet Security was expired. I tried uninstalling, but kept getting an error, something about being logged in as an admin. His computer only had the default Admin account set up. I created another account as a computer Admin, and still couldn't uninstall Norton crap. Well apparently, you have to go into Norton app, and do something with logging in. I went to Symanted, and downloaded some uninstall tool, and got rid of the program.

Now i'm trying to delete that account I created with admin privileges, but xp won't let me. WTF?

*UPDATE*

Well I don't know if uninstalling Norton blah blah blah, fixed the problem, but the internet is working now. Now to figure out how to delete that account I created with Admin privileges.

Norton Internet Security is the spawn of evil. It's firewall commonly blocks legitimate internet access and even access to fileshares. It's really really stupid. And sometimes it's impossible to uninstall.

To delete the admin account you created you first need to be an admin, then:
1) click START,
2) right-mouse-click My Computer and go MANAGE.
3) expand "Local Users and Groups"
4) Click on Users folder
5) right-mouse click on the account you wish to delete and select 'delete'

Norton Internet Security is the spawn of evil. It's firewall commonly blocks legitimate internet access and even access to fileshares. It's really really stupid. And sometimes it's impossible to uninstall.

To delete the admin account you created you first need to be an admin, then:
1) click START,
2) right-mouse-click My Computer and go MANAGE.
3) expand "Local Users and Groups"
4) Click on Users folder
5) right-mouse click on the account you wish to delete and select 'delete'

Thanks Neo! I had forgotten about that trick, but after an exhausting search, I finally figured it out. I guess having moved to a MacBook and not dealing with problems like that anymore, I forgot all those little tricks on XP.

So when are we gonna have you back in the States? Oh yeah, please tell me you attended the GP in your backyard a couple weekends ago.

Herman

So when are we gonna have you back in the States? Oh yeah, please tell me you attended the GP in your backyard a couple weekends ago.

Herman

Hey Herman, how's that black bada$$ NSX riding these days?

i'd LOVE to visit the USA again by i really gotta keep saving or i'll never own an NSX. :p I didnt attend the GP but i could hear it. It was a really hot day so i'm glad i didnt go.

Hey Herman, how's that black bada$$ NSX riding these days?

i'd LOVE to visit the USA again by i really gotta keep saving or i'll never own an NSX. :p I didnt attend the GP but i could hear it. It was a really hot day so i'm glad i didnt go.

She's still running strong. I drive the F&*k out of it! 2yrs and 65k miles later, still puts a smile on my face. She's overdue for a paint job. Gonna go with the TypeR look(championship white).

Yup. I use AVG. It's free, very light and works great.

Back