NA1 vs NA2....which is the better driver car?

Honestly I actually would've preferred to have a blue 02+ car (just because it is newer, and blue) but the price difference was so tremendous there was just no way.. I'm not that patient. :wink: The price is probably the biggest difference between the older cars and the newer ones. That has changed a bit in the past year but there are a lot of awesome deals on 91s out there.

well in all honesty I would like to one day own a 02+ na2, however the only thing I hate about it is that it will be a targa top, and the roads in NYC can and will tire out the chassis fast and I am not a fan of hearing squeaks or rattles, also not a fan of potential water leaks. .

+1. I've owned t-tops, convertibles, targa, and they all have rattle/squeaks. It really bugged the sh!t out me. :mad:

The best driver's car without major modifications is an NA1 coupe (without assisted steering) with an aftermarket header and a lower final drive. If you do the labor yourself, the final drive and header can be accomplished for <2k$. The poor gearing of the original NA1 transmission compared to the stock 6spd is dramatic.

The best driver's car without major modifications is an NA1 coupe (without assisted steering) with an aftermarket header and a lower final drive. If you do the labor yourself, the final drive and header can be accomplished for <2k$. The poor gearing of the original NA1 transmission compared to the stock 6spd is dramatic.

Why would that be better than a Zanardi:confused:

No one has answered the other question he posted, whether an SC that was removed would decrease the value of the car???

My opinion is a qualified yes, with first saying that these engines are great, but if you look at some of the posts/videos of guys driving their SC cars - I believe you'd answer your own question. I would and most people do look for stock cars without a bunch of heavy mods unless they are specifically looking to scarf up on an SC cheap. Cause SCs are spensive! Ok, but most would rather mod the car themselves - you never know but when you look at a car like that - then you better have a close look at the owner.

I'm older and hopefully wiser but I've always shopped owners as much as cars. That process has served me well.

My 2 cents,

Last edited:
i could not tell the difference between the assisted and non-assisted steering rack feel once 'under way'. to me it felt like the assist was disabled after 10-15mph.

Back