My search for an NSX is driving me nuts!

I purchased 2 NSX's last summer/fall. The first was a '96 T which was nice but I never took the top off. Sold it after 2 months and purchased a '92 with 100k miles. Both cars I flew in and drove home in a day. No problems with either car. Just offer cash and you may get a better deal. Ask the right questions to make sure that all issues pertinent to you are taken car of. When you see the car in person, it may be better or worse than you expected. Don't expect it to be prefect....it's used! If you want perfect, drop $80k+ and get a new one. Why continue to wait for the perfect car? Is it worth waiting 1 year to save a few dollars for something that you could have been driving for the whole year. Most used cars will have an issue or two(especially sports cars), just deal with it and enjoy the car.
If you want to know exactly how much a car will cost you over the ownership, lease a car for 3 years. You know your costs and it will always be under warranty(assuming average miles). Used sports cars always carry a risk, but with risk comes rewards.

BTW: There's a 1991 for sale in your town. I think you know a little about the car and owner. But, I really think you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by searching nationwide. You'll be able to find many more ones that meet your criteria. Sure, you won't be able to check out every car yourself, but you don't need to. PPI or local NSX owner could help you out.

You mentioned your “need for instant gratification will probably end in me getting a different car.” Where I'm from, that's called compromising. ;)

Dont' despair, it took me one year of research on the car, it's problem years etc, things to look for on the car (This web site is the greatest place for infomation on this car).

One suggestion, find the year of the NSX that is most desirable to you and focus in on looking for this car.

Anyway after looking for another year I found one...just what I was looking for, picking it up this weekend.

Just keep looking..

Bram

The replies on this thread may not have helped STOCKTONSX, but they've helped me.

Hopefully I'll be finding my NSX sooner than later.

Thanks again guys--I hope you all know that the help has not gone unfounded. It would be foolish to think that way. Lets see what the future holds in store. :)

Edit: My intentions with this post were not to end in this direction. I am not the "e-thug" type, and by no means am trying to flame or cause trouble around here. I just wanted to say what was on my mind in a professional and dignified manner. I'm deeply sorry if anyone took it the wrong way. :cool:

could have my luck.. i found an nsx. bought it over a week ago and its still at the dealership :(

Think about this... You get frustrated in your search and purchase a Corvette or Mustang (God help you) and you are at the gas station (probably next to another Corvette or Mustang) when a 1991/2 NSX pulls in next to you. Ask yourself, what car do you think every one will be looking at and asking questions about including yourself?

Look man, there is absolutely no substitute for the money. You will wish you had one if you don't be patient and I have people everyday tell me they would have never thought it was a 92. You won't be able to tell either and the car is no different in all practicality. Get one and you will understand.

If you must have the 93-94 then you must have patience. But if your patience runs out, before you go buying something else stongly consider the advice of this forum and break your 91/92 stigma.

Good luck to you.

If I could do it all over again, I would not hesitate to buy a 91 or 92 NSX. I currently have a 93, which the only real difference is the passanger side airbag and the newer a/c. I actually kinda wish I had gone with 91 or 92 so I could have a glove compartment and the extra money could have gone to more mods.
btw, if you can swing it, check out Todd's(LeftLane's) 1995 red NSX. Big plus, its targa, and it's in extremely nice condition!! Also, great price IMHO.

Regards,
- Z

nsxnate said:
Think about this... You get frustrated in your search and purchase a Corvette or Mustang (God help you) and you are at the gas station (probably next to another Corvette or Mustang) when a 1991/2 NSX pulls in next to you.

Also keep in mind the Vette and Mustang will be at the gas station filling up more often then the NSX will.
:D

Ojas said:
BTW: There's a 1991 for sale in your town. I think you know a little about the car and owner. But, I really think you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by searching nationwide. You'll be able to find many more ones that meet your criteria. Sure, you won't be able to check out every car yourself, but you don't need to. PPI or local NSX owner could help you out.

You mentioned your “need for instant gratification will probably end in me getting a different car.” Where I'm from, that's called compromising. ;)

isnt that your nsx for sale STOCKTON Nsx?

OMG, I picked up my car today at the dealership!!! DAYUM THIS CAR IS SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sitting here trying to figure out a reason to get off work early to get my weekend started!!

sjones said:
OMG, I picked up my car today at the dealership!!! DAYUM THIS CAR IS SWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember the feeling. Welcome to your NSX honeymoon. :D

That's not my car for sale--its not under my user name, so why would it be?

And so the story continues..:D

Back