My NSX cupholder solution

I don't eat in the nsx. But I when I take it to work. I always have coffee w me in my thermos style cup and a bottle of water. I am looking to get a cup holder for the pass side.

there is no way it will work on an NSX that has the double doors it doesnt open vertical like the coupe versions its almost only open at an angle. and the top lid goes down about a half inch or so, so this new cupholder ( great idea )
will be pushed down by the second gen lid.

best thing to do it use a camel pack if you need liquid in your body, but no eating or drinking is the true answer like turbo2go stated

cup holder

I bought this one (in black), hasn't arrived yet but looks like it will work well for me, and small enough to be almost unnoticeable when tucked tightly under the passenger seat.
I don't eat in my car, but come on people, it's perfectly fine to have a drink. I daily drive my NSX when the weather is nice, and I eat out 3 times per day, so I ALWAYS have a drink in my car. I'm not a child, I don't spill it everywhere.

Attachments

• cup holder.jpg
    cup holder.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 442
I don't eat in my car, but come on people, it's perfectly fine to have a drink. I daily drive my NSX when the weather is nice, and I eat out 3 times per day, so I ALWAYS have a drink in my car. I'm not a child, I don't spill it everywhere.

Congrats on your anti-spill skills. :) for me it's all about keeping any food or drink with any discernible smell out of my car, which still smells showroom new inside. Took my mom out to dinner Sunday in shadyside and reluctantly brought home a small leftovers container - didn't think to ask for a bag for it. Put it in my trunk which completely reeked of grease upon opening it at home. A little airing out and a bag of activated charcoal overnight took care of it, but that's the first and last time food or drink travels in that car outside of mah belly.

I think it's smart for anyone to keep anything but water out of their car if they want to avoid any stale or bad odors.

Last edited:
This one is similar to the Dali one in concept. Not near as clean, but it is quickly removable. I had bought this for my RT4WD when I was using it as a daily as it didn't have cupholders from the factory and the ways to go about it got pretty expensive quick. It was my beater so I found this as a solution.

Here, it is in my NSX. I wanted to confirm fitment before telling you guys to go buy one. The big red knob on the right side simply opens and closes the clamp and it has some rubber padding on the clamping portion. I think they run about $15 each and come with a cup for the side without the foam to help hold the cup (for little kids to have a treat in). Bonus is since I won't be needing this in my NSX, we attach it to the carseat (it's intended purpose, or a stroller, but our stroller has cupholders).

IMG_20131022_185809_075_zpsf4cf8371.jpg

Here's a link to one a little cheaper (not available when I bought mine):
http://www.amazon.com/BRICA-Deluxe-...1382490557&sr=8-1&keywords=safefit+cup+holder

Here's a link to the exact same one:
http://www.amazon.com/SafeFit-53002...1382490557&sr=8-2&keywords=safefit+cup+holder

Last edited:
ekhonda87, I tried this a while ago on my NA2 (didn't work), thought I would give it a go on the 91. Works great. Just twisted off the bottom 4 tabs, and used a stanley knife to shave off the lip under one of the long sides. Fits really good, but not too tight so can be slid back and forwards if need be.

Thanks!

I just finished my cupholder install. I installed a Science of Speed console and elected to put the cigarette lighter in the armrest compartment as well.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/3571a61a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

I have been using this type from http://ultimatecupholders.com/ for about a year now. Love them. I bought a pair and they fit side by side on the passenger side without any issues or interference with leg room. Usually keep a drink in one and shove a pair of ball caps in the other for easy access. Our cars have minimum storage space as it is to, I wouldn't want to give up my center console space.

black-320-ds.jpg

thats pretty neat... I just keep a large micro fiber towel in there and stuff it around my beverage of choice to keep it from moving around!!!

Back