My impression at DAS

When I asked the rep he told me 120k but he didnt know his head from his ass so who knows lol. What I do know is that the R8 is a masterpiece and If honda does get this thing to the 70-80k range with a v-10 I wont want one anyways because it will be a piece of shit. With the last nsx (05) being sold for 70-80k a V-10 new design with Sh-awd cannot sell for less than 100k If it does Ill wait a few years to see whats really going down with this thing.....

When I asked the rep he told me 120k but he didnt know his head from his ass so who knows lol. What I do know is that the R8 is a masterpiece and If honda does get this thing to the 70-80k range with a v-10 I wont want one anyways because it will be a piece of shit. With the last nsx (05) being sold for 70-80k a V-10 new design with Sh-awd cannot sell for less than 100k If it does Ill wait a few years to see whats really going down with this thing.....

LoL well at least your being open minded LoL

Well the last NSX was priced higher for being handmade this new car is being mass produced so hopefully manufacturing costs should be much lower. S2k is mass produced and still very well made so I'm sure they can do the same for the ASC. Honda doesn't need a car to be hand made to be great.

Well the last NSX was priced higher for being handmade this new car is being mass produced so hopefully manufacturing costs should be much lower. S2k is mass produced and still very well made so I'm sure they can do the same for the ASC. Honda doesn't need a car to be hand made to be great.

Yes I try to..... and yes the s2k is a great car for being mass produced. Its still not and exotic though, or even comparible to the following cars listed. You have to take into consideration there shooting at the 430 and If they could seriously build a car to top it for under 100k do you know how many they would sell..... I wouldnt want one as they would be everywere like the
C6

Where did you hear that this car is going to be mass produced? The only comment I've heard about it (related to production) was Mr. Fukui calling it the "next exotic car" from Honda.

Indeed. I'm sorry to say the R8 just makes me feel better than the ASC.

Huge digression coming...

However, after paddle shifters I don't think I could go back to manual!! I've always been perplexed as to the resistance to F1 shifters. As long as the shift was smooth & efficient (under 150 milliseconds) isn't it the best way to shift a vehicle?

The only reason we use a stick is to have control over the gearbox. The F1 tranny shifts much faster than any human. Who wants to bother with a clutch and stick anymore? I've never seen it as a matter of "purity". I don't ascribe any "purity" or "heritage" to a manual tranny--it was simply the most efficient tranny at the time. There were no other options.

As a driver I want the most control over a car I can have and the F1 tranny provides that. Even the most skilled manual driver can't outshift an F1 tranny or use it to his advantage more than an F1 tranny.

OK, I'm done.:biggrin:

I wouldnt call myself a purist per say but i like manual trannies for one simple reason.........they do EXACTLY what i want them to. Maybe its because ive never driven one of these DSG/SMG/E-GEAR/F1 tranies yet but until i do.......ill stick with stick!

If honda priced it around 100-110k then it will be right there with the M6 and i dont think theyre going to steal any M buyers priced that high in the GT class.

I bought the M6 in September and it is fantastic car. (Total price with ALL options $107K.) Yes, you need to set up the multitude if settings (some 170+ combinations of things to set...though you don't need to worry about most of them), but once you find your favorite major settings and learn the car intimately and USE it, it is fabulous.....regardless of the negative reviews some reviewers gave it. Those guys didn't spend enough time with the car to be real judges of it. It takes literally weeks to tweak the settings so that you like the way it performs in different conditions! It is a great daily driver.
The build and materials used are supurb....better than my '91 NSX was when I bought it new! The interior is perfect, and you CAN use the back seats unless you are very tall and have your front seats way back. The crazy iContoller isn't so hard to learn once you practice it some and get the hang of it. The heads-up display is fun and useful, and the full leather interior is gorgeous.
I wouldn't sell it for the new Acura, especially since it is not a mid-engine exotic as the original was! Honda seems to have missed it when they scrapped the HSC!
Now the R8, as a second FUN car, would be nice to have when they put the v10 in it. I hope they do that soon as I am itching for another mid-engine car. But for a GT....the M6 is great, and you guys who haven't spent time with it should do so before you knock it!
Just my opinion, so take it for the 2 cents it's worth.
Steven

Yes I try to..... and yes the s2k is a great car for being mass produced. Its still not and exotic though, or even comparible to the following cars listed. You have to take into consideration there shooting at the 430 and If they could seriously build a car to top it for under 100k do you know how many they would sell..... I wouldnt want one as they would be everywere like the
C6

C6 Outperforms the F430 at under $100K. So can Honda outperform the Z06 at close to the same cost with reliabilty and durability to match. That would be a great engineering feat that would have everyone talking!

The NSX wasn't common even though is was a great deal for it's time so I'm not too worried about it being overly popular. I live in Michigan and don't see that many Z06's so even at that price it's not a common car

Where did you hear that this car is going to be mass produced? The only comment I've heard about it (related to production) was Mr. Fukui calling it the "next exotic car" from Honda.

I guess this would take us back to the old "what's the definition of exotic argument "...LoL

Twice at the autoshow to anwser your question.

..... Untill I can get my hands on an R8 ill be keeping the nsx and just make it fast enough for my needs. !

Just saw an Audi R8 on the road
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------On I-4 Leaving Orlando heading to Tampa around 4:30 pm ,silver, looks out of this world in person like something from the year 2050. headlights look wicked http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135554

I'm in Tampa and keeping my eye out for this guy. Its not you :biggrin: ???

If honda priced it around 100-110k then it will be right there with the M6 and i dont think theyre going to steal any M buyers priced that high in the GT class.

No, I don't think so either. And since there were only less than 2000 M6s sold in 2006 the buyer pool isn't large to begin with...:frown:

I also don't see how they will sell this car at much less than $100K. Yes, the Viper is 80K but it's a bucket of bolts. Honda's utilizing a lot of technology including extensive carbon fiber, ceramic brakes, etc. and they have to recoup R & D costs on the V-10 and F1 tranny that were devoloped solely for this car. Mass produced or not, good luck pricing this at 75-85K...:rolleyes:

Thanks for delivering a turd, Honda. Where are the R8 forums again?

Just don't try to tell us it's an exotic car, or play off the NSX reputation to sell it to the public. That's just lame, and makes them look desperate.

A sad day for exotic car fans.

Ditto, i HATE to have seen a picture of the NSX in the back, its like placing a picture of Mr. Soichiro, this is an insult !!!!

AC

The more Isee the more I like of the ASC.
I want to see it in person but at this point I'm ready to buy when they're ready to sell.

Just saw an Audi R8 on the road
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------On I-4 Leaving Orlando heading to Tampa around 4:30 pm ,silver, looks out of this world in person like something from the year 2050. headlights look wicked http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135554

I'm in Tampa and keeping my eye out for this guy. Its not you :biggrin: ???

Are they even available yet? How did he get his hands on one?

No, I don't think so either. And since there were only less than 2000 M6s sold in 2006 the buyer pool isn't large to begin with...:frown:

I also don't see how they will sell this car at much less than $100K. Yes, the Viper is 80K but it's a bucket of bolts. Honda's utilizing a lot of technology including extensive carbon fiber, ceramic brakes, etc. and they have to recoup R & D costs on the V-10 and F1 tranny that were devoloped solely for this car. Mass produced or not, good luck pricing this at 75-85K...:rolleyes:

You do have a point. Im curious to see how this plays out because if the ascc does come with ceramic brakes and carbon fiber goodies and cost less than an M6 or in the 85k range.....that would be the steal of the century.
Time will tell.

Um this is Honda were talking about:rolleyes: one of the most clever companies out there and yet you people don't think they can make a performance bargain????? That said the sooner you guys find the audi forums the better. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out:wink:

Perry - You don't see that many Z06's? Sheesh.....I know we don't live far from each other, but maybe since I live right around the corner from the GM Proving Grounds explains why I see Z06's all the time. For the record, I can't believe you like the ASCC. What a fugly mess it is. But, to each his own. See you in the spring!

Al

C6 Outperforms the F430 at under $100K. So can Honda outperform the Z06 at close to the same cost with reliabilty and durability to match. That would be a great engineering feat that would have everyone talking!

The NSX wasn't common even though is was a great deal for it's time so I'm not too worried about it being overly popular. I live in Michigan and don't see that many Z06's so even at that price it's not a common car

Um this is Honda were talking about:rolleyes: one of the most clever companies out there and yet you people don't think they can make a performance bargain????? That said the sooner you guys find the audi forums the better. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out:wink:

I'm not suggesting Honda isn't a bright company and that the ASC won't be a great car. But I think the automotive world isn't as excited about this car as it was the NSX. I don't think this car will sell for over sticker. And it certainly looks less inspiring than any exotic or performance car on the market.

I think it was a mistake and shameless for Honda to associate this car with the NSX in terms of a successor. At most they should have only referenced the NSX as a previous achievment but acknowledged they're moving in a new direction.

I also think the price is unrealistic. I believe either the car will have less technology and performance than stated or the price will be higher than stated.

That market segment is very difficult; again, less than 2000 M6s sold in 2006. We know what the M6 is capable of. Unless the ASC performs at ZO6 levels it's not going to sway many buyers. It's at least got to perform as well as the R8 and M6. The R8 has the looks and Audi has very respectable brand recognition.

The closer you get to 100K the more buyers you lose to Porsche, Maserati and Aston Martin.

I think my attitude might be better if the ASC looked fantastic. I might be able to at least say that they could carve out a niche, priced below the M6 and R8, same or better performance, Honda reliability and looks awesome. But we'll see what the final product and price shapes up to be, poor looks IMO notwithstanding.

And all in all, it makes me appreciate the NSX more and more. I won't be leaving Prime anytime soon--but that doesn't mean I won't keep my new car options open.:wink:

Perry - You don't see that many Z06's? Sheesh.....I know we don't live far from each other, but maybe since I live right around the corner from the GM Proving Grounds explains why I see Z06's all the time. For the record, I can't believe you like the ASCC. What a fugly mess it is. But, to each his own. See you in the spring!

Al

Hey Al

How've you been buddy? I occasionally see them on Woodward or possibly I-75. Yes I do like the "concept" and know that it will look even better at the Tokyo autoshow. I think the majority here are jaded. Whenever Honda went after a segment they usually dominate. People here want a F430 killer ,but GM has already done that and they did it with a FR layout. Am I a Corvette fan? not really ,but if Honda can make a better performing car than the Z06 I'm salivating. It's a given that it will be more reliable, better interior , more durable ( great for us track junkies means nothing to you garage queens:tongue: ) better balanced. That's awesome! I'm not interested in Honda trying to hold some "Breed heritage" and I could care less about lineage. I love Honda's and engine position won't change that. So once again I say "bring it on Honda" :biggrin:

Looks like my M3's days in the garage are numbered:eek:

Hey Al

How've you been buddy? I occasionally see them on Woodward or possibly I-75. Yes I do like the "concept" and know that it will look even better at the Tokyo autoshow. I think the majority here are jaded. Whenever Honda went after a segment they usually dominate. People here want a F430 killer ,but GM has already done that and they did it with a FR layout. Am I a Corvette fan? not really ,but if Honda can make a better performing car than the Z06 I'm salivating. It's a given that it will be more reliable, better interior , more durable ( great for us track junkies means nothing to you garage queens:tongue: ) better balanced. That's awesome! I'm not interested in Honda trying to hold some "Breed heritage" and I could care less about lineage. I love Honda's and engine position won't change that. So once again I say "bring it on Honda" :biggrin:

Looks like my M3's days in the garage are numbered:eek:

Just remember it is a garage king...not a queen:biggrin:

Just remember it is a garage king...not a queen:biggrin:

Sorry whenever I see anything as "Hot" I think female. Your NSX is hot hence the female reference. My apologies to anyone in the gay community for not thinking men are hot..LoL

Back