My Custom Made Hatch Scoop

Well I think experimentation is good and I applaud your bravery in doing this.

But I also believe that you need to step back and take a look at the big picture. I do not believe that the scoop adds to the overall appreaance of your car, kind of reminds me of the old air-popper popcorn makers that would shoot popcorn out the front of the scoop- does popcorn come out of yours when it reaces opperating temperature?

Seriously, the scoop is a negative, the rear spoiler is too wierd looking and the gold wheels don't match and don;t look good on the gold body.

But I appreciate that you enjoy working on your NSX and try new things. It helps me know what different things look like.

I knew this scoop reminded me of another car!!! :D :D :D

goldmembercar.jpg

0DSCF0297-med.JPG

I like the wheels, and the hood.

The exposed bolts, weather stripping, hinges, and black engine cover peaking out the sides, kill the scoop before you try to match the lines to the car.

So, ........ how did you do at the car show?

Car looks ok, if you take that thing you call a scoop off. Just my opinion, guessing I am not the only one who feels this way
^^^^^^^^:)

Nice try, i like extreme mods but they are rarely done right. Aesthetics/body lines/functionality all need to be taken into account. Take some courses at an art college, you'll be amazed at what you need to take into account when designing/building new parts! I mention this as the top bodykit designer in Australia (Has won many awards) Graduated as an arts major before starting his business. He was/is so successfull he's actually gotten threats (property damage) from so called 'competitors'. The scoop idea looks better (i don't like it personally) on the jgtc nsx's.
:)

NSXF1 said:
I like the wheels, and the hood.

The exposed bolts, weather stripping, hinges, and black engine cover peaking out the sides, kill the scoop before you try to match the lines to the car.

So, ........ how did you do at the car show?

I placed 4th in the WILD class. I previously placed quite a few 1st places in the MILD class.

ajnsx said:
^^^^^^^^:)

Nice try, i like extreme mods but they are rarely done right. Aesthetics/body lines/functionality all need to be taken into account. Take some courses at an art college, you'll be amazed at what you need to take into account when designing/building new parts! I mention this as the top bodykit designer in Australia (Has won many awards) Graduated as an arts major before starting his business. He was/is so successfull he's actually gotten threats (property damage) from so called 'competitors'. The scoop idea looks better (i don't like it personally) on the jgtc nsx's.
:)

Well, I wouldn't last for a second being a car designer in this case. That's why I am not one..:) My original design was just like the JGTC style... but that didn't work out so here came this edgy scoop. oh well!
For none NSX owners it's a blast to see something like that... but for the diehard NSX owners in this forum they see it as a disaster. That tells us not everyone has the same opinions on certain thing. At least I am open minded and have fun with my car.;)

supra2nv said:
I knew this scoop reminded me of another car!!! :D :D :D

goldmembercar.jpg

0DSCF0297-med.JPG

I don't know if your are trying to be funny or jumping on the bandwagon, but either way I don't see anything out of your post. But hey, if that's what make you happy for the day then sure I will take that as a joke..:)

Last edited:
96GoldNSX said:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4129

Don't know if this paste will work.

Had it made for the car show. But most likely will sell it to those that need it for the track or show. I entered the X at the show two weeks ago (last show) and now the X is retired.
As for functionalityI can see the engine temp. gauge lower a bit than normal.
Made out of sheet metal. Overall, I think I am saving weight because the glass hatch is not there (the glass hatch is heavy)

Don't start counting your sales money for this one. You might be saving weight, but an ugly, skinny chick is still ugly! :).

I've seen this car in person sans the "air scoop". IMHO the pictures really don't do it justice. It is a nice car. With one glaring exception, Fix your front plate! ;-)

SaberX said:
I've seen this car in person sans the "air scoop". IMHO the pictures really don't do it justice. It is a nice car. With one glaring exception, Fix your front plate! ;-)

I've got so many "fix it" comments about my front plate...:)
OK, I will get that taken care this week...

Back