My Custom Made Hatch Scoop

First, I admire and appreciate your attempt to try something different.............but, I have to agree with the rest of the group on this one. I think the idea was a lot better than the execution..

I am curious though at how a full hatch replacement with an integrated scoop would look if it was painted the body color.. (any photoshop gurus willing to try this?) I don't mean your design but say something with a lower profile and followed the lines of the body better.. (like a GruppeM hatch?)

I see a Diablo driving around here in OC occasionally with a custom rear hatch with dual scoops that looks amazing.. His rear vision is completely non-existent now but the look works..

If working on new ideas for the NSX is your thing, more power to you..... Don't be discouraged by this and move on to something else.. ;)

JDMnsxR said:
uh..... no comment... eek :( :confused: :eek: :( :confused: :eek:

I have a comment, it's heinous. It's the most hidious thing I've ever seen anyone do to the NSX, bar none. It's even worse than the LV nsx........

Constructive cricticism? Man, that thing is so ugly it hurts my feelings. Seriously, I'm crying and considering taking some sort of anti-depressant. I fear I'll never be the same.

Stick the 15/16 inch tires and hatch back on, paint it red, and sell it.

B00005LVV5.01.PT01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

looks like an attachment to the turbo tiger vacuum.

But please don't take us too seriously!I remember the strong reactions to the Bee when I was a newbie on prime!plus it gives prime some fresh new topics to discuss,laugh or cry about. ;)

Look at the bright side, at least if you went to SONIC for dinner, you could just eat off of the spoiler on the back :D

Some constructive input-
Do something with the color of your wheel centers. They are similar in color to the body but not an exact match. You'd be better off going with a contrasting color than one that was close but missed. Gun metal or black perhaps would look good against the gold paint. As for the scoop, one word, no. The tail, one word, no. The hood looks good. If you really want a scoop go with a lexan hatch and integrated scoop. Science of Speed carries some that would look far better on your car. Lastly, keep your chin up. There are very few cars in this community that everyone likes all aspects of. That's the beauty of the community. We can all express our individualism through our cars. Have fun!

My oh my!

I haven't been in the Pic Gallery for a month or so, and the first thing I see is this engine cover. :eek: It would take a lot of money to get me to strap that thing on my car and drive around. 96Gold, you're a brave man...I think. It's your cup of tea. Enjoy.

Oh, good luck selling it when your done with it for your shows or whatever.

Wow....

I have no problem with modifying cars and I think it's great you did it yourself as well. My problem with it is it doesn't match the styling of the NSX. The NSX has certain types of curves and shapes that repeat throughout the car, and the wing and hatch/scoop don't follow any of the design sense of the car. All I see are sharp edges and triangles, which aren't anywhere else in the design of the NSX. Aesthetically it just doesn't do it for me. I'd like to see it have more curves that flow and blend with the rest of the car.

TampaBayNSX-R said:
Some constructive input-
Do something with the color of your wheel centers. They are similar in color to the body but not an exact match. You'd be better off going with a contrasting color than one that was close but missed. Gun metal or black perhaps would look good against the gold paint. As for the scoop, one word, no. The tail, one word, no. The hood looks good. If you really want a scoop go with a lexan hatch and integrated scoop. Science of Speed carries some that would look far better on your car. Lastly, keep your chin up. There are very few cars in this community that everyone likes all aspects of. That's the beauty of the community. We can all express our individualism through our cars. Have fun!

My wheels were powder coated (gold) they can't match the paint of my car... But I am happy with the slight off.
Speaking of fun, I am having fun... I know that the scoop doesn't flow with the line of the X... the original piece was more round and lower in profile... Hey, at least I tried something 99% of NSX owner WOULDN'T dare to try...:) Besides painting my car GOLD I think I did more stuffs to my car than most NSX owner wouldn't dare to even think about.
Not too many like something (they) think it's too different. It's human nature imo.
if you like example, here's one:
Why did we dispite automobile when they were first introduced? because the automobile were different!!!

Back