My 92 Berlina Black Build Progress

Lol @ Oz creeping in the background. Fun day taking things apart! For those that don't know, this is what Maryland NSX owners do on weekends. Work on NSX's, drive NSX's, eat BBQ, drink muscle milk, and then other car enthusiast friends come over, and we all hate on each other.

I have been thinking about yellow tinting my headlights for months...

nice work!

Thanks and DOIT!! It looks amazing in person especially if you are going after the "race" look

pardon my ignorance, but the tape is to protect the existing paint from getting scratched up as you adjust the new parts for proper fitment+alignment??

That is correct. You really dont need to, but I am a believer of "Just in case"

Lol @ Oz creeping in the background. Fun day taking things apart! For those that don't know, this is what Maryland NSX owners do on weekends. Work on NSX's, drive NSX's, eat BBQ, drink muscle milk, and then other car enthusiast friends come over, and we all hate on each other.

lol all day, everyday!! I guess almost all of our friends are pretty crazy with cars...lol cutting springs in Linh's civic...priceless!!

Taking my rear bumper off
IMG_01341.jpg

Test fit
IMG_5933.jpg

I personally like this valance over the older model. Plus, it'll flow better with my Diflow diffuser

Also decided to repolish my stacks
IMG_4225.jpg

It was looking rough!

IMG_7756.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

bling bling!! lol

doesn't everyone? the older bumper looks very very dated in comparison.

looking great now lets see that new front end :)

btw did you decide on your side skirts?

IMG_5933.jpg

I personally like this valance over the older model. Plus, it'll flow better with my Diflow diffuser

I decided to go with the Stacy with/CF side.

I'm still waiting on couple more parts so I will update as they come in

Enjoying watching the build. I like seeing someone take a lot of personal pride in their work and their car. You've done a spectacular job thus far.

Stupid question but how/where do you start taking off the headliner/a pilars?

You can remove the a-pillar by pulling them. Once removed, you'll see a screw on each side. Then remove the visors/b-pillar

Enjoying watching the build. I like seeing someone take a lot of personal pride in their work and their car. You've done a spectacular job thus far.

Thanks!!

I could not find any pictures of 02 convo brackets installed, so here it is
IMG_3959.jpg

Cutting

Tada!
IMG_2525.jpg

The hood is not properly aligned yet and the side skirt does not stick out like that once mounted

My friend Xavier (Tech7042) doing what he does best! Thanks X!
IMG_4211.jpg

Where did you obtain those headlight brackets. I noticed those two on top I am missing.

I could not find any pictures of 02 convo brackets installed, so here it is
IMG_3959.jpg

Cutting

Tada!
IMG_2525.jpg

The hood is not properly aligned yet and the side skirt does not stick out like that once mounted

My friend Xavier (Tech7042) doing what he does best! Thanks X!
IMG_4211.jpg

They are made by DF and I got them through SOS. I had to trim the brackets that goes under the radiator support alittle but overall, good quality pieces.

holy smokes this build thread is crazy. :eek::eek::eek: can't wait for final pix. i need another roll of paper towel cause i drool all over the table just now. Insane.
keep up the good work Tae. Looking forward to your help soon. :biggrin:

Last edited:
whale penis + AIS fits pretty nice. However, I'm just trying to efficiently route more filtered air to the ITB so I'm not too sure how it'll line up against the stock manifold. But, I am in the process of developing lot of parts for NSX and one of the items I am developing is a functional cold air intake system, which will include the NSX AIS/filter/custom CF pipe. Video/dyno sheet will be provided sooner than later. (I've already tested my set-up while holding a fan in front of the side vent, and it is functional!!)

I had to order 4-3 reducer and trim the ends to make them flush

I bought the SOS coolant tank from a fellow primer and decided to paint it with wrinkle black.

Last edited:
I saw this DIY on the prime and decided to try it out on my own

Titanium burnt tip look!
1- you need to repolish the exhaust tip (it was oxidized). I only used the 2000 grit and the Mother's polishing compund

Then, wash it down with soap water and heat it
T6.jpg

Done
T8.jpg

Approximate time - 30 mins all together

Little some some! lol

Tracy Sports CP

All my body parts are getting painted right now and more parts are arriving this week....stay tuned! :smile:

Back