My 92 Berlina Black Build Progress

It's alive

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/90xG3LK1K5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big thanks to Chris from SOS...the best technical/customer support ever !!

Last edited:
Looking good Tae! Can't wait to see the dyno numbers on this beast...

Thanks ! I'm going to bother you with massive PMs when I give mine some 02 plastic surgery !! = )

Awesome Tae! It's going to look and function great with a lexan rear hatch and scoop! :wink::smile:

LOl thanks hyung ! It's arriving on Thursday. Hopefully, I can get the idle/rpm/air flow on point before Thursday. Well either way, that sexy lexan is going onnn !!:cool:

thank you for this. amazing! not too hard either.

this is a very inspiring thread and you sir definately are deserving of your nsx.

are you also going to cf wrap up your centre console as well as the door panel switch panels as well? jdm nav pod planned in any way?

Center console/AC vent/switch panels/steering column are being wrapped in the corner of my basement = ) Should be done with all of them by next week. Just been so busy with my ITB and other stuff

Nice job and we all appreciate going thru the process with you!
BTW what a set up like that cost and how much HP did you gain?

Send me a PM if you are really interested. Or you can check www.scienceofspeed.com

Last edited:
This build is an inspiration! Imagine my excitement when I learned your in MD. One of these days I would like to meet up and pick your Brain.....
Oh and to see that monster your building!!!
I'll pm you

all 6 cylinders are synchronized, 3.7-3.8 kg/h air flow rate, steady 950rpm......BUTTTTT my throttle is binding :mad:

back to the drawing board

Little update - lexan hatch came in (Thanks Bryan hyung !! the best packaging ever lol) and installed my AEM gauges

downsized_0831011520.jpg

Bryan hyung, your the man ! thank you

functional !! I placed a sheet of storm door screen on top of the hole to keep big particles away.

Cantrell concepts carbon fiber scoop did not fit right. I spent well over 3 hours sanding it to make it flush with the lexan hatch

Installing AEM inband/wideband/serial gauge/SOS wiring kit.

removing TCS! No more TCS light on my dash :biggrin:

0903011334.jpg

the fitment is PERFECT !!

And this is I'm I am working on right now

Last edited:
Dope Tae - hatch looks great and I'm glad the ITB adjustment worked out well.

Hey Shawn,

Thanks !! It's not quite there yet but almost..I mean it's almost there :smile: I'm going to play with it little more this weekend so wish me luck :cool:

By the way, Thank you for all your help Shawn ! You and Dan (Na1/2-R GT) are freaking awsome !!!!

Last edited:
sweet !!!! don't forget to take some pictures of the wrapped pieces b4 they go on the car as well!!!! (for educational purposes lol! i for one am learning tons here)

THANK YOU!

teaser picture just for you :smile:

I still need to coat two more layers/then polish. It's looking rough right now but wai til next week :cool:

Last edited:
teaser picture just for you :smile:

I still need to coat two more layers/then polish. It's looking rough right now but wai til next week :cool:

I'm curious as to how much hell you caught getting it to contour to the bends where the e-brake handle is? Any tips or suggestions? TIA

Makes sense! When is timeline for 2002 conversion!?

I'm going to start ordering the parts at the end of this month. I want to get my engine run properly and finish the CF pieces before I jump to next mods

I'm curious as to how much hell you caught getting it to contour to the bends where the e-brake handle is? Any tips or suggestions? TIA

To be honest with you, bends around the ebrake is not bad at all. The hardest part about wrapping the window trim and the center console is laying the carbon around/top of the skinny surface areas.

But to answer your question, the best/easiest approach is to lay the carbon starting from the ebrake area. Then slowly move up towards the ashtray while laying the carbon.

kick ass advice. im going to be thanking you when i CF up all my plastic pieces.

did you end up doing the plastic surround around the guage cluster in CF also?

But to answer your question, the best/easiest approach is to lay the carbon starting from the ebrake area. Then slowly move up towards the ashtray while laying the carbon.

Back