My '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl is on it's way!

Loveland, CO and Trabuco Canyon, California
I'm a long time (8 years) S2000 owner and NSX, drooler. My dad had a 1991 red NSX and I just loved looking at the shape, from all angles, never really dreaming that I would ever own one. But as of yesterday, I do!

I flew from Orange County in southern California, to Chicago on Friday, to look at gorilla's NSX on Saturday, yesterday. I was lucky enough to have Ken Sax (nsxtasy) drive down to meet me at McGrath Acura to look over the car for me. He gave it high marks, and it was just as perfect as Greg said it was. Greg and I completed our deal and he gave me the keys. I felt sad for Greg, letting his baby go, but he knows I'll take good care of it. The car was first sold in Florida and then Greg had it in Chicago, and now it'll be at home in So California. I'll be sure to take it to Cars and Coffee in Irvine some times, and then on Pacific Coast Highway, afterwards.

To top off my good fortune, I called Alpine Transport right then, and they had a driver within an hour, and on his way to the west. He had room for one more car, after one canceled out on his load, so he was at McGrath within an hour, and loaded my new baby up.

The driver is stopping at Denver, Salt Lake City, Phoenix and Laguna Beach before I get my hot, fine, car, on Saturday, March 14th, probably.:biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome! You had the right guy in Ken to look over the car:smile:You also live in the right climate for year-round sportscar enjoyment.Have fun!

Congrats and welcome! You had the right guy in Ken to look over the car:smile:You also live in the right climate for year-round sportscar enjoyment.Have fun!

Yeah, another Prime member told me to PM Ken and ask if he would help me out. He was more than willing and gave me peace of mind when he told me the car was in showroom condition. Afterwards, we had some Chicago style, deep dish pizza, before I headed back to the airport. Yum! Ken is a really nice guy and it was fun to get to know him a little bit. Greg is a nice guy too. I was thinking that of all the vehicles I've ever bought, this was the most enjoyable experience I've ever had. And it was the only time I've bought a used car. In this case, it's most like a previously loved car then a previously owned car.

Hey, docjohn, I see you're in PA. What part? I've been there for S2000 meets at Gettysburgh, and Seven Springs. I'll be flying in to Philly in May for another S2000 meet in Cape May, New Jersey.

Guessing you appreciate blue Hondas?
Congrats and great story. Always like to hear of good fortune in these trying times..... and to get it shipped within moments of viewing it and cutting a deal!
Welcome to the LBBP club! :biggrin:

Guessing you appreciate blue Hondas?
Congrats and great story. Always like to hear of good fortune in these trying times..... and to get it shipped within moments of viewing it and cutting a deal!
Welcome to the LBBP club! :biggrin:

Yes, I do love blue. I have to confess though that I have an '08 Toyota RAV4 V6 Limited, also. I really wanted another Honda, as it was replacing my '98 blue Honda Odyssey van, but the smaller Honda SUVs were all gutless. But, yes, the RAV4 is blue too.

Thanks for the congrats. It was so much good fortune! Just to put it in perspective a bit, I've been in a lot of pain with rheumatoid arthritis and thought I might be wasting my time and money on a car that I might not be able to drive. Then, after trying to get a handle on the RA for 9 months, and sufferring more and more, I started a new medicine, Enbrel, last Tuesday, and it's working! I not only had this good fortune with the car, but I'm not in pain, anymore. The tide has turned for me.

Hey, docjohn, I see you're in PA. What part? I've been there for S2000 meets at Gettysburgh, and Seven Springs. I'll be flying in to Philly in May for another S2000 meet in Cape May, New Jersey.

Small world.I'm in the Scranton region.I was one of the original s2000 owners back in late 99.The club was just forming as the various regions of owners where still autonomous.I see over the years how massive the s2k club and the national events have become.I might have to pick up a used CR one of these days.Glad to see enbrel working for you.Just make sure you stay on top of your immune system.

Small world.I'm in the Scranton region.I was one of the original s2000 owners back in late 99.The club was just forming as the various regions of owners where still autonomous.I see over the years how massive the s2k club and the national events have become.I might have to pick up a used CR one of these days.Glad to see enbrel working for you.Just make sure you stay on top of your immune system.

Ken was telling me about the early days of the S2000 and NSX internet boards, before the forums. So you guys have know each other a long time, I gather.

I definitely want to stay healthy with the Enbrel. Any recommendations for how to stay on top of my immune system. I know I need blood tests done every three months, and have to be super careful washing hands and trying not to get infections. Anything you can add? And, Thank You. :smile:

My only advice is to not be tardy with seeking medical help for any illness such as lung/skin/bladder infection.Hopefuly your teeth and gums are in good shape ect..

Patty, please call me the minute you know the car is in the area, so i can come over and watch it get unloaded. congrats and some of us are as excited as you are.

link to pictures of the happy new owner, car, ken sax and the car being loaded on the transporter. (see page 4 and scroll down half way or so)
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=679072&st=75

Last edited:
car looks amazing!
congrats on the purchase
:biggrin:

i'd rather drive it home than having it trailered though.. but thats me lol

Last edited:
CONGRATS!! Nice car, nice friends, nicely done!

Patty, please call me the minute you know the car is in the area, so i can come over and watch it get unloaded. congrats and some of us are as excited as you are.

link to pictures of the happy new owner, car, ken sax and the car being loaded on the transporter. (see page 4 and scroll down half way or so)
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=679072&st=75

I hope you will be able to come, Tom. I'll give you a call when I know when to expect it.

I added a couple more photos to the post I have on S2ki. I think this link should take one straight to the post:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=117&t=679072&st=75#entry15633802

Thanks for the welcome, guys. :smile:

Congrats and welcome!

Kyras, welcome and congrats on your new car! That is one sweet ride.

I'm a new owner here in Norcal and discovered this community of NSXer's....a great bunch.

Chris

synth
her plan is to keep the car stock, but change the wheels to black chrome.

my plan is to persuade her over time to mildly lower it (bilsteins lower perch / stock springs) and to space the wheels out. (just correct the wimpy stock stance and make it proper) and maybe if we are really lucky get her to put a gtlw on it. LOL

Tom

congrats! I have seen it in person and it is awesome! Any mod plans? :)

I would like to get the wheels powder coated something that looks like black chrome. That is all, TOM. :rolleyes:

BTW, I see Tom (socalx) at Cars and Coffee in Irvine most Saturday mornings and I think of him like I do my 20 year-old son. He's all enthusiastic about certain things and you just have to smile when he talks. He has a heart of gold but he's not talking me into anything. :tongue:

My favorite color HANDS down, Fantastic, congrats and drive every single chance you have, you deserve!
:)
Oscar

Congrats! I really miss my Monte Carlo Blue everytime I see the LBBP cars. It's gonna be a long week of waiting I'm sure.

Congrats! I really miss my Monte Carlo Blue everytime I see the LBBP cars. It's gonna be a long week of waiting I'm sure.

I think the wait is good. It's like waiting for Christmas as a kid, only I know I'm getting exactly what I want. :biggrin:

I got a phone call from Mike, an owner of ALPINE Transport Inc, yesterday. He told me that the truck driver, Terry, is taking a home break, in Iowa, but should be on his way today, Monday. Mike estimated that I'd get the car on Thursday or Friday. Terry gave me his cell phone number to call him anytime for updates on where he's at. Seems like a great shipping company.

Yeah, when I got mine in November, seemed to take so long for delivery. Thought I would go mental. Be prepared for it to come off the truck DUSTY. But when you clean it, it'll be all worth it.:biggrin:

Don't forget to post pics.

Congrats, Im a past S2000 owner as well and the NSX is just as rewarding, maybe a little more:biggrin:

Yeah, when I got mine in November, seemed to take so long for delivery. Thought I would go mental. Be prepared for it to come off the truck DUSTY. But when you clean it, it'll be all worth it.:biggrin:

Don't forget to post pics.

I don't know how to post photos here. On S2ki, I put them into my own photo albums, and I can easily post them again, just by clicking on them. I think it's quite different here. :confused:

Back