Mr. Honda strikes again

Bart Geerts said:
If you want a Honda you should also get rid of those side lights...

My conversion project was to change anything exterior/interior from Acura to Honda. I'm certainly not going to touch the perfect OEM paintwork on four fenders just to get the running lights deleted.

Last edited:
Vytas said:
My conversion project was to change anything exterior/interior from Acura to Honda. The side lights don't say Acura on them. :)

Yes, but Honda doesn't have them !
At least not Europeen ones, I've never been in Japan.

ChrisK said:
Unfortunately it is a legal issue for us in the US. We need them to comply with Federal law.

And I want them but am not allowed to.
Just for your info, a detail : I looked inside the fender one day, the wiring for those lights is there!!

I can't speak for anyone else other than myself but I am NOT trying to change my car to a JDM or Euro spec car. I wont change my climate control system to read metric measurements or replace my fenders to get rid of the side lights. If I wanted a JDM or Euro spec car I would purchase one (even though it would be a pain to bring it into tthe country).

My reasons to remove the Acura name are simple and easy to understand...... I just want to make my car different than everyone else's and because I am proud that my car is made by Honda.

Honda Cassette Deck Flap

What cars did these come off of and how do you go about taking them off and installing them?

So I hear all of you saying, "as long as it says NSX on it", but isn't there a strong possiblity that the replacement for the NSX will not be called NSX??? The names Legend and Integra were great. I thought that's what distinguished Acura from other car makers. I hated to see them go. I don't like the way they have used TSX and RSX. The NSX was a great distinction from the rest of Acura's line. Now it's just another in a line of _SX vehicles. My NSX will always be an Acura. Lexus does make great vehicles and the customer service is fantastic. I would like a vehicle that has the passion and heart of and Acura, the customer service/dealer experience of Infiniti, and the quality and fit and finish of a Lexus. Oh well, just my $.02!!! Take care.

Re: Honda Cassette Deck Flap

USpeed757 said:
What cars did these come off of and how do you go about taking them off and installing them?

The easiest to find would be the cassette door flap from the '93 Honda Accord SE deck. There are others, but they are less common.

The more desired would be the original one from the JDM NSX, but those are even harder to find.

I for one really like the H changes to the car. Like someone said, it gives it a JDM touch sure, which is cool, but most of all, it makes his car just that more unique. To me, that counts for a lot.

Acura was not the beginner in the dual name brands, the big 3 did it years before with Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Chev, GMC, Caddy, Buick etc etc. It is and has been a North American thing. Toyota and Nissan followed Honda as well.

Even worse is the joint venture brand swapping like the new Saab wanna-be WRX, the Holden wanna-be GTO, the Opel wanna-be Catera etc.

T Bell said:
Acura was not the beginner in the dual name brands, the big 3 did it years before with Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Chev, GMC, Caddy, Buick etc etc. It is and has been a North American thing. Toyota and Nissan followed Honda as well.

Even worse is the joint venture brand swapping like the new Saab wanna-be WRX, the Holden wanna-be GTO, the Opel wanna-be Catera etc.

The difference between Acura and the American brands, is that Acura exists only in North America and Hong Kong, because Honda felt that in these markets, they needed a marketing ploy to fool people into thinking they weren't buying Hondas. For the American nameplates, they are worldwide. For example, a Lincoln is sold as a Lincoln everywhere in the world. A Chrysler is sold as a Chrysler everywhere in the world. They don't sell a model only as a Mercury in one market, and only as a Ford in the rest of the world.

Back