Merry X-Mas my new NSX just pulled up...

Hey Guys,

Once again thanks for all the great advice, now if I could only get out and drive it instead of working to pay for it.

And yes the car was at Bergstorm, I worked out a pretty good deal with them, they really wanted to move it. I paid $63,000 plus $2000 to ship it to South Florida.

All in all it is a really nice car, great condition and no paint work. They just had no use for it in WI, and wanted to get rid of the car.

NSamX

I was looking at that one as well.... very good price on it. If I recall it had just over 10k on the clock. Congratulations!

Just powdercoat the stock wheels gunmetal....I think that would look great on the silverstone.....and look a little different:wink:

tbck2793 said:
Just powdercoat the stock wheels gunmetal....I think that would look great on the silverstone.....and look a little different:wink:

Some people in this forum will tell you bigger is better, IMHO the stock set up is well balanced for the vehicle and it's handling characteristics.

Drive it a bit first and then think about changing, you might just change you mind. Cheers, AR

Great color for the later model. IMO, stick with OEM rims but maybe depending on current fitment, treat yourself to some good tyres. The Type S grey finish should work really well with the Silverstone.

Enjoy your NSX!

Regards

tbck2793 said:

Rickysals did a photoshop last summer of this combo on Silverstone 02+. Do a search if you want to see what it looks like, under NSX Pics Gallery.

BTW... YOU need to do the gunmetal on LBBP... that's a phenomenal combo. :smile:

Thats why I jumped on the car for the price, I was looking at a couple but Bergstrom just wanted to move the car and dropped his pants. Plus I was a real buyer so they were motivated.

On the plus side the car was as described, came with 11,100 miles, an is truly showroom new.

On the negative side the car came with 1 key, 1 remote, no CD magazine, A set of new yet crappy quality Kuhmo tires, half the books, and no real service history to speak of, (not that I care, it only has 11K miles).

All in all it was a quick easy deal and I have no complaints.

Now all I have to do is get used to the small cabin, blind spots, and get a little more comfortable with the handleing, I WAS a Porsche man and this is a BIG change. But I have been zipping around town like the cat that ate the canary...

You guys have been a great source of information and I love all the great tips...

Sam

tight...

First off, congratz on the acquisition! Gorgeous looking NSX... :cool:
tbck2793 said:
I'd give this serious thought as well, you'd have the class of OEM but w/ some personal flavour! Even consider a black-pearl finish. Other options include bronze, polished finish,'hyper-mercury', even chrome. I'm sure a local, reputable wheel/rim dealer can offer insights about where/how-much for such a project. :)

NSamX said:
PS: Where do I get the wheels coated?

Sam

I know of a great place to get your wheels powdercoated up here in Boca.

And btw, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club. :wink:

Back