Merry X-Mas my new NSX just pulled up...

Well she just showed up, my new 2004 NSX Silverstone/Black, I am happy to be part of your family. I am a not sure what the new NSX holds in store for me but I am excited. I am a self declared car junkie, having owned a 2003 Porsche Twin Turbo, A 2004 Twin Turbo Cab (awesome cars). I just got rid of my 2005 SL600 with the Renntech upgrades and so many other Grerman cars I lost count.

So what is the mystique of a 2004 Acura? I dont really know yet, but based on all that I have read it sure looks like it will be a lot of fun...

First thing that this car needs is wheels, so HELP, tell me what will look best on her...

Merry X-mas to all...

NSamX

Congrats on yor new purchase and welcome to the forum!!!:smile: Definitely a great christmas gift you cant go wrong with.

NSamX said:
Well she just showed up, my new 2004 NSX Silverstone/Black, I am happy to be part of your family. I am a not sure what the new NSX holds in store for me but I am excited. I am a self declared car junkie, having owned a 2003 Porsche Twin Turbo, A 2004 Twin Turbo Cab (awesome cars). I just got rid of my 2005 SL600 with the Renntech upgrades and so many other Grerman cars I lost count.

So what is the mystique of a 2004 Acura? I dont really know yet, but based on all that I have read it sure looks like it will be a lot of fun...

First thing that this car needs is wheels, so HELP, tell me what will look best on her...

Merry X-mas to all...

NSamX
What'll look best to you is what's best for the car, you've only got yourself to please!!!!
Oh, and enjoy the ride, it's a great car, totally different than your P-cars!

Congrats on your purchase. Here is a photo of our '03 silver/silver with 18/19 Racing Harts.

DSCF0002.jpg

There are many, many great wheel choices for the car.

Congratulations again,

Ben

NSamX said:
NSamX

The stock wheels from my '95... and I'll take those ugly '04's off your hands and properly "dispose" of them for free! :biggrin:

Thanks for all the great posts and well wishes, all I know is that this baby needs some new shoes, LOL

Here are some pics I took today...

Attachments

• IMG_0017 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0017 (Small).JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_0018 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0018 (Small).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0019 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0019 (Small).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 151
NSamX said:
Thanks for all the great posts and well wishes, all I know is that this baby needs some new shoes, LOL

Here are some pics I took today...

Drop it w/Bilsteins and keep the stockers..I think they look great!
05NSXrear.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase. I noticed that the drivers side of the front hood is popping out a little. If you purchased it from a dealer, you may want to take it back to them and have them fix it for you.

Congrats and gorgeous color, indeed. Shoes depend on your style...some people like Nikes where others like Reeboks...or you could always go old school and get some Chuckies...:biggrin:

Those Volks look pretty good, I was thinking somewhere along those lines, what are the best size to put on the fronts and rears?

I know there is a BIG forum and debate but what makes the most sense?

Sam

NSamX said:
Those Volks look pretty good, I was thinking somewhere along those lines, what are the best size to put on the fronts and rears?

Sam
I would recommend the 17/18 Big Brake setup. (search the sizing at the links provided.)

They come in Bronze, Gunmetal and Silver.

You can get them at ScienceOfSpeed or Dali Racing

Either 17x7.5 or 17x8 for the fronts (tire size 215/40R17) and 18x9.5 rears (255/35R18 or 265/35R18). Goodyear F1 GSD3 tires. IIRC Volk CE28N probably is the lightest in Volks line of wheels. Btw the best looking too.

NSamX said:

Sam

Congrats. If you have OEM wheels on there now be sure to sell them in the For Sale section here so prime members can get them (and you'll prob get a great price for them). Lot of people here want them.

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase!

I know that the porsches and the SL Renntech are all in different leagues when compared to the NSX. But I would love to hear your snyopsis of each compared to the NSX. Thanks.

NSamX said:

Sam

You might get better looking than OEM ( subjective ) but not really better than OEM. Think about the wheel construction techniques of OEM ( forged ) and the severe testing that Honda used during the construction of the car.

Can you really think that a generic wheel will be just as good?

Some people in this forum will tell you bigger is better, IMHO the stock set up is well balanced for the vehicle and it's handling characteristics.

Drive it a bit first and then think about changing, you might just change you mind.

BTW Nice color combo.

Cheers,

AR

Jin1976 said:
Either 17x7.5 or 17x8 for the fronts (tire size 215/40R17) and 18x9.5 rears (255/35R18 or 265/35R18). Goodyear F1 GSD3 tires. IIRC Volk CE28N probably is the lightest in Volks line of wheels. Btw the best looking too.
I agree... Goodyear F1 GSD3... 215/40-17(f) and 255/35-18 or 265/35-18(r).

The 215/40-17 is the stock size for an '02+ NSX and will fit fine on the CE28N 17x8 hi-pad fronts sold by SOS & Dali. The 265/35-18 is essentially the same diameter as the stock rear and fits perfectly on the 18x9.5 CE28N... though they are 10mm wider than stock (stock is 255/40-17). The 255/35-18 are just a hair smaller in diameter (i.e lighter and quicker.) The Goodyear F1 GSD3 tires got outstanding reviews in a magazine comparison test (can't find the link right now.) My personal assessment is that their grip is incredible.

Congrats

Here's what my silverstone wears on the streets (BBS LMs 17/18 combo):
8731airport.jpg

and here's what it wears on the track (Volks LE28N 17/18 combo):
iA8382985-A934-4C18-AB2D-9EE9FB28C1DA.jpg

OK for all the e-mails of the NSX versus the Porsche/Benz. Let me start off by saying that I am a Porsche fanatic, soon to be if not already an NSX fanatic.

Let me clear this up off the shoot, Benz = junk, you are better off putting your money into the trash since one they pick it up you don’t have to look at it anymore, the Benz just keeps biting you in the behind.

The SL 600 was set up with the RENNtech stage 2 upgrade which is a TCU/ECU and engine upgrade, 640 hp and 775 lb-ft of torque. It had the RENNtech lowering suspension to keep it low to the ground, however was adjustable for ride condition, additionally it was fitted with 20 inch MHT wheels and Nitto tires.

The car has terrible cowl shakes, creaks and groans, ALWAYS was in the shop for some dummy light or another that Benz could never fix right. The service sucked and that was before the RENNtech upgrades, all that did was make the car go nowhere fast, the rear wheels had to much power the TCS was always going on, the car could not really handle past 100 mph. Overall just a dumb car that cost WAY to much money.

Porsche on the other hand had it right, the 911 Twin Turbo is a drivers car, clean interior design, great seats, great power delivery with almost no turbo lag, the gauges are clean and precise. The car can handles like you want it to, point and steer. You fill safe and comfortable up to 140 mph. And now that the 997 model is out you can pick up a 2003 Twin Turbo for the price of a NSX. Not a bad deal for a car that MSRP’s in the neighborhood of $125K. The only downside to Porsche is that they are crazy option specific. You want a Bose stereo its an upgrade, Aluminum gauges? Carbon shifter? Door sills? Even lumbar support are all costly options. On the bright side Champion Porsche has a service department second to none…

My .02 cents worth…

Sam

Nice car, congrats it looks great! almost as good as mine... lol...

I would think hard before replacing the stock wheels. That is a wanted item on this board and for a reason. They are forged BBS wheels that are very light and strong.

Also, although that wheel is only a 17", the design of the spokes that extend all the way to the edge of the rim, and the way they bow out from the center produces a look that makes them appeak much larger than they are. I have seen others with 18" wheels next to mine and those wheels look smaller even if they are not.

If you go with an 18 (nevemind a 19), be prepared for a fairly harsh ride and some bent wheels unelss you really have smooth roads where you live.

I think the factory 02+ wheel is great. Change them if you want to be different, but be careful about what the extra weight will do to the car's performance.

BTW my last car was a Renntech CL600 so I know where you are coming from. The NSX is a lot more fun! :)

Hey Sam,

Was this car the one at Bergstrom Auto? Either way, it looks great and good luck with your NSX.

Back