May Go to the Darkside

I've got an opportunity to buy a very nice titanium on black 2000 Ferrari 360 with a 6 speed tranny. The catch is that I would have to sell my 2002 996TT and my 97 Supercharged Monte Carlo Blue NSX in order to get it. Thoughts? I'm a little scared about the maintenance and repair costs on the F-car though. It has 15k miles and has had the 15k and 22.5k services all done. Any input would be appreciated.

Go for it. When the time is right, there'll be a 360 in my garage.

BTW, do you find much redundancy in owning a Porsche and NSX?

Post pic when you get it. It's not the darkside unless you go for Lambo.

Jin1976 said:
Post pic when you get it. It's not the darkside unless you go for Lambo.

why? any bad with Lambo? i'm always want to know Lambo or F-car needs more $ for maintain :confused:

fffun!

topman2005 said:
why? any bad with Lambo? i'm always want to know Lambo or F-car needs more $ for maintain :confused:

Pre-Audi ownership, Lamborghini was plagued w/ many issues aside from regular service/maint' costs. Ferrari was a relatively better engineered/built car.

On topic...

Probably the most meaningful insights will come from actual Ferrari forums, I'd imagine. Not many 360 owners that I've encountered on 'Prime over past few years. If/when I'm shopping for a 360 Modena coupe or Challenge Stradale in a few years, I'll probably make my rounds on F-chat, F-newsletter, and then contact a car-broker, etc'.

Goodluck! :cool:

SCS2k said:
I've got an opportunity to buy a very nice titanium on black 2000 Ferrari 360 with a 6 speed tranny. The catch is that I would have to sell my 2002 996TT and my 97 Supercharged Monte Carlo Blue NSX in order to get it. Thoughts?

That's like trading in a 60" Sony Plasma HDTV and a high end surround system for a 13" Sylvania Black and White TV. Who in their right mind would even consider such a deal?

SCS2k said:
I've got an opportunity to buy a very nice titanium on black 2000 Ferrari 360 with a 6 speed tranny. The catch is that I would have to sell my 2002 996TT and my 97 Supercharged Monte Carlo Blue NSX in order to get it. Thoughts? I'm a little scared about the maintenance and repair costs on the F-car though. It has 15k miles and has had the 15k and 22.5k services all done. Any input would be appreciated.

I can't imagine being too impressed with the performance of the 360 considering the cars that you have now!

Sounds like you're getting a Ferrari just to get a Ferrari...can't really blame you but you won't be able to always just hop in and drive it like the other two you have.

And definitely check out the Fchat, etc. I personally would not be excited about $500 oil changes and the other maintenance--and that's not even when stuff breaks! (And it will)

Besides, I would never "trade" the two cars you have now for a 360--what a cool duo you have!

G

Hugh said:
That's like trading in a 60" Sony Plasma HDTV and a high end surround system for a 13" Sylvania Black and White TV. Who in their right mind would even consider such a deal?

Meh, Plasma's are overrated!

Now THIS is a Flatscreen!!

345%3B%3B7%3B%3B9%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D323:%3E%3B98%3E89%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32334:%3B8976:3nu0mrj

SCS2k said:

You only live once. I say buy the Italian, with the number of clean used NSX's out there you can always come back if F-car ownership is prohibitive.

Good luck with your choice.

rjp said:
Harsh...I'm guessing this is an Asian gentleman, based on the limited info in the profile. Let's cut him some slack. :smile:

lol, ya, sorry for my poor english:biggrin:

Hugh said:

I'm not used to Hugh saying what he feels...:wink: It's fine if you don't like Ferrari's, but even you have to admit your analogy is so biased and weak. I loved my NSX, I would love a 996TT, but I sure as hell would love to own a Ferrari 360 as well. :cool: I'm sure I am not alone here. :smile:

Yeah, an Fcar is an Fcar, but both of the cars you plan to trade for the F360 would spank it, in a huge way, in my experience.

You should keep one of them for the months when the Fcar is sitting waiting for parts. ;)

Thanks for all of the input. I've got some thinking to do about this one. I've posted this same question on 6speedonline.com as well as ferrarichat. The answers on all three boards have been quite similar.

You are trading a timeless, reliable supercar (NSX) and a fast and fairly reliable PCar for a Ferrari?
You must want it real bad :rolleyes:

If I had a 360 and someone wanted to trade me the NSX and Pcar for it, I would do it!

I always read on the Ferrari forum that when someone choose to get a Lambo he was said to be going to the darkside. Maybe the Ferrari is the brightside.
topman2005 said:

Isn't the 360 of Ferarri like the Civic of Honda or like the 3 series of BMW or like the Boxster of Porshe?

Personally, if you're going to get a Ferarri, get the higher end model...430? I wouldn't give up two beautiful cars that you already own for a 360, but I would say yes to the 430.

But, if you must have a Ferarri, then go for it. You only live once...but just remember...you might get bored of the 360 after 1 year.

And good choice in color..black. Don't get red....so common.

Go for it! At least you can always go back to whatever car you want. Owning that car has its pros and cons like any other car.

The only part of the 6 speed that you won't like is the shifting.

I have rode in Jchoice's red 360 F-1 and it was awesome! The power band, brakes and sound of the motor was thrilling. 0-60 in an instant and 60-0 just as fast. It is definitely a different feeling when you are driving a F-car.

Also just to let you know there are quite a few nsx owners who own ferraris also......they just don't mention it.

But yes you should go on f-chat if you want more feedback and info on the car you maybe buying. Service will cost more but most owners do not drive that car everyday so it is not like you will be servicing the car that often.

Just make sure the previous owner took care of all the necessary maintenance and you should be fine. Good luck and post some pics if you do get it.

Don't forget to add some goodies

CS wheels
tubi or gruppe m muffler
gruppe m intake

or you can go turbo like this guy

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=408610 :biggrin:

NRG said:
Isn't the 360 of Ferarri like the Civic of Honda or like the 3 series of BMW or like the Boxster of Porshe?

Personally, if you're going to get a Ferarri, get the higher end model...430? I wouldn't give up two beautiful cars that you already own for a 360, but I would say yes to the 430.

But, if you must have a Ferarri, then go for it. You only live once...but just remember...you might get bored of the 360 after 1 year.

And good choice in color..black. Don't get red....so common.

I guess the 360 is the 'cheap' Ferrari. The 430 is just it's newer replacement though. Just as the 360 replaced the 355 which replaced the 348 etc. The 430, if you can get one, is commanding around $200k, a bit more than I care to spend right now.

I'm sure a lot of us (myself included) have always wanted a Ferrari, and wondered what owning one would be like. The 360 is a great one to buy.

I think I would regret buying it, and would end up trying to sell it and get another NSX. But I sure would like to find out, to be sure.

Go for it. See if I'm right. :)

Back