March 11 - Fourth NSXCA Midwest Region Annual Dinner

We will be hosting the Fourth NSX Club of America Midwest Region Annual Dinner on Saturday, March 11, 2006:

Black Ram
1414 Oakton Street
Des Plaines IL 60018
847-824-1227
http://www.blackramsteakhouse.com

If you are interested in checking out the Black Ram's menu, and/or getting directions to the restaurant, you can find them on the restaurant's website.

We will meet at 6:30 pm for cocktails, and sit down for dinner at about 7:30. Attire is casual to business casual.

The NSX Club of America will subsidize a portion of the dinner cost for club members and spouses/guests. If you are not yet a member of the NSX Club of America, go to the club website for information on joining.

If you are planning to join us, please send me a private message by Friday, March 3, so that I can keep track of the number of people on the reservation.

This is a great time to meet up with old friends, as well as meet new friends, especially in the winter when many of us have our NSX in hibernation. We are pleased to be returning to the Black Ram again this year. They specialize in steaks and seafood (including terrific prime rib - yum! :p ). Their gracious hospitality in the past will again be on display. (The owner is a former NSX owner.) We will be returning to the Board Room, pictured on their website (but Donald Trump will not be there to fire anyone :D ).

Hope to see you there!

Ken Sax
Treasurer, NSX Club of America

Raemarie Talbot
Midwest Region Representative, NSX Club of America

EDIT: Guess who's coming to dinner?

Ken and Kathy (nsxtasy)
Rae and Dave (plumcraezy)
Bob and Pam (Bob Kenney)
Josh and Arlete (Juice)
Carl S. and guest
Frank and Cindy (Frank Oles)
Andy and Arlene D.
Sean and Stacey (Q)
Jim (Jim Dionisopoulos)
Robert (nsx6)
Marc and Birgitta (sportmarc)
Steve and Carol (OhioSteve)
Randy and Lisa (nsx2tall)
Adam T. and guest
Rocco and Beata (ROC CHGONSX)
Brian and Michele (RutRX7)
John and guest (skynet0419)
Bob H.
Bob and Lisa (Bob_54)
Chandra and guest (Shkrmvr)
Karen and Ernie H.
Brian and Pam (BrianK)
Jerry O. and guest
Kelley (KO-NSX)
Lawrence (96 NSX-T)
Bryan and Kim H.
Tom and Lisa G.
Chuck (Chuck)

Last edited:
Ken,

I have been looking forward to this, I need a serious NSX fix, this winter seems way too long. I did take the red car in last week for its emmisions test, past with flying colors even with the CTSC, headers, intake and exhaust:biggrin: Thanks Comptech.
Please reserve 2 places for me.

Thanks!

Bob

Bob Kenney said:
this winter seems way too long.
Winter? What winter? :D

BTW, we moved the dinner to March (rather than the January date in the past couple of years) to reduce the likelihood of snow on the day of the dinner...

Winter just started too early this year, might mean an early spring. I better work faster on my latest project, "the black car":rolleyes: Looking forward to seeing everybody again in March.
Ken, Thanks for all your efforts in putting these events/dinners together.

Bob

You guys aren't driving your cars yet? I've had my insurance put coverage on for the last three weekends. The looks at church are priceless!

I've had mine out twice already this winter. Sure glad I decided to store it at home in my garage, though I've cursed it a few times while I scrape ice off my daily driver-- shoulda bought a %$#$ watch instead, scrape, scrape.

thanks!!! Wouldn't it be a shame to drive up there and not be able to get my car on the lot:eek: ?????? Im riding 3 inches from the ground:biggrin: Im gonna seriously check into being there going at the least join nsxca. :smile:

Ko-nsx said:
thanks!!! Wouldn't it be a shame to drive up there and not be able to get my car on the lot:eek: ?????? Im riding 3 inches from the ground:biggrin: Im gonna seriously check into being there going at the least join nsxca. :smile:
There are two parking lots at the restaurant. The restaurant is in a flat area (like most of Chicagoland) on the northeast corner of the street, and there are entrances to its surrounding parking lot east of the restaurant building (on Oakton) and also north of the restaurant building (on the side street). I don't recall an unusual elevation change entering or leaving the main lot from Oakton (although I could be mistaken). I suspect the entrance from the side street may be flatter but I am guessing. The second parking lot is an overflow lot on the other side of Oakton.

Ken, my NSXCA Member app is in the mail. My wife (Beata) and I plan to attend the dinner. This will be our first and we're looking forward to it! I hope to have my plates by then: NSXTC

As you can see from the guest list in the first post, we're expecting quite a crowd!

I've been asked whether people will be driving their NSXs. I suspect that many will (barring a last-minute snowstorm!). The rear aisle of the main parking lot will be coned off for NSX parking.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 589211" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Ko-nsx</TD><TD class=alt2>Any st.louis people interested in making the drive?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am interested...
I will be able to let you know by this evening.
I will most likely be by myself.
Are you (KO)ning to stay there over night if you go?

Let's Take Tony's new car, we can break it in for him.
Len

len3.8 said:
Are you (KO)ning to stay there over night if you go?
The restaurant is just a few miles north of O'Hare Airport, so any hotel in the airport area will be close by.

len3.8 said:
Let's Take Tony's new car, we can break it in for him.
What about Gene's new car?

Some one help me out. Should I bring the S2K, or borrow a new Civic from HAM? The S2K hasn't been driven since winter began and is in storage, but I might be able to get an SI with navigation (good for Chicago). Any thoughts?

Juice said:
Some one help me out. Should I bring the S2K, or borrow a new Civic from HAM? The S2K hasn't been driven since winter began and is in storage, but I might be able to get an SI with navigation (good for Chicago). Any thoughts?
So, you're trying to decide whether to put 700+ miles on your own hot car or someone else's hot car? And your own car is a convertible but it's not going to be warm enough to put the top down anyway? While their car has a nav system that may come in handy? That's an easy choice, no? ;)

It is with some dismay that I write this :frown:
I'm not going to be able to make dinner because of a family obligation.
I wish I could be there with all of you!

YellowNSX said:
It is with some dismay that I write this :frown:
I'm not going to be able to make dinner because of a family obligation.
I wish I could be there with all of you!
Sorry to hear about it, Rick. Hope to see you at some other event soon.

nsxtasy said:
So, you're trying to decide whether to put 700+ miles on your own hot car or someone else's hot car? And your own car is a convertible but it's not going to be warm enough to put the top down anyway? While their car has a nav system that may come in handy? That's an easy choice, no? ;)

Point made!:smile:

Ken,

The Black Ram was a good choice. I too am sorry that I cannot attend. I will be out with the "girls" that night on a previous comitment. Y'all have a great time. Let's get together for brunch!

John Highlander

Back