Lowest Mileage NSX?

nsx24 said:
...So, do I have the record??? What mileage does the car come with from the dealer?

When I worked at the Acura dealer in school we had 4 come in with the following mileage:

'94 Brooklands Green / Tan -- 12 miles
'95 Formula Red / Tan -- 15 miles
'95 Brooklands Green / Tan -- 14 miles (**This was was a rare AUTOMATIC!!**)
'95 Formula Red / Black -- 15 miles

Stick-e-rice said:
I plan to put on at least 100K on mine and bought it with 89K on it.:biggrin:

Then have KMS rebuild the engine and drive it another 100K more miles.:biggrin:

Enjoy the NSX, it is meant to be driven, my 2 cents.:smile:

WOOO-HOOO!!! Someone else with my mindset!! My car just rolled over 100,000 miles 2 days ago on my way home from a 3 day 2,500 trip to Florida and back. I look forward to going after 500,000 miles. :)

Wraythe said:
What is the break-in mileage for the NSX? My Acura dealership told me not to worry as NSX engines are ran on a dynometer then checked on an oval track.

I however question the dealerships answer...

600 miles is break-in. The NSX comes factory filled with break-in oil that is not replaceable. I don't drive my NSX often, I got my '05 in April 2005 and it has 670 miles right now. Most of the miles I put on was just to break my car in to take advantage of the break-in oil.

RyRy210 said:
600 miles is break-in. The NSX comes factory filled with break-in oil that is not replaceable. I don't drive my NSX often, I got my '05 in April 2005 and it has 670 miles right now. Most of the miles I put on was just to break my car in to take advantage of the break-in oil.
Thank you for your response! I'm planning on keeping dino oil in the NSX until 3,000 miles, then switch to synthetic.

Meeyatch1 said:
As for the 3M Clear Bra....I usually custom cut with raw material, no templates. But if you fly me out to where you are.....well.... :D
If you are serious about me flying you out for the weekend to 3M the front bumper and windows, I will start saving. How many NSX's have you tinted / 3M Clear Bra???

As a bonus, I will set you up with a different lady everynight during your stay:biggrin:

Let me know...

Wraythe said:
Do you know Adam from SLC, UT???
Yes, I know Adam @ Mike Hale Acura, he aligned my car 4 years ago when I bought it, and then when I did my timing belt he lended me the tool to hold the crank pulley. But I have never seen his car (silver, I beleive)? Have you? How do you know him?

a year later and still no pics. Did he die driving the car ? only 41 posts!!!:confused:

I bought my 05 white NSX last year July or August.. it had 200 miles. I put on roughly 4000 miles since.. and it keeps getting higher.. Forget about garage queen.. that car is a joy to drive.. It get's more mileage then my supras.

91' NSX Red on black leather.... 1862 miles, 3000 km....

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

Did anyone ever get an update on the 971 mile Sebring Silver that started this thread? :confused:

Not sure what you want to know. I know he has more then 971 miles on it now. I think he has about 5 or 6 thousand. We See him out when we have drives in the area.

Not sure what you want to know. I know he has more then 971 miles on it now. I think he has about 5 or 6 thousand. We See him out when we have drives in the area.

Well, he was going to post pictures of this beauty a long while back, and we never saw anything, so I was hoping he was still around. We 'car nerds' love pictures of rare cases like his. :)

I just purchased the 2800 mile automatic from Kalamazoo for my son today.
I will take a bunch of pictures and post them somewhere when we get it back here on Sunday, but after that its ADIOS to the low miles as he intends to drive it every chance he gets :-)

bja

I just purchased the 2800 mile automatic from Kalamazoo for my son today.
I will take a bunch of pictures and post them somewhere when we get it back here on Sunday, but after that its ADIOS to the low miles as he intends to drive it every chance he gets :-)

bja

Sweet! What does your son drive now? How old is he? I hope the both of you get to enjoy the vehicle safely. :smile:

Well, he was going to post pictures of this beauty a long while back, and we never saw anything, so I was hoping he was still around. We 'car nerds' love pictures of rare cases like his. :)

I will have to look through our drive pictures this weekend and hopefully post a few. I am sure I have some of his since my wife is partial to the silver cars.

Well I'd hate to ruin it for this dealership but when I was in Albuquerque this past week picking up my new 1991 I was shown the Red 1991 Acura NSX at Montano Acura.

It's bone stock with approx. only 9000 miles on it and sits outdoors under the dealership roof. It still has the original wheels and tires on it (badly faded and rubber is cracked/falling apart) with the black leather interior.

I understand they don't want to sell it or haven't received the right offer!

Jetpilot

Well I'd hate to ruin it for this dealership but when I was in Albuquerque this past week picking up my new 1991 I was shown the Red 1991 Acura NSX at Montano Acura.

It's bone stock with approx. only 9000 miles on it and sits outdoors under the dealership roof. It still has the original wheels and tires on it (badly faded and rubber is cracked/falling apart) with the black leather interior.

I understand they don't want to sell it or haven't received the right offer!

Jetpilot

If they do not want to sell it, why let it sit outside and rot? Why would they show that to you if it was not for sale? :confused:

It wasn't that they are showing it to customers I was shown it by a fellow prime member who lives in Albuquerque, visits the dealership often, so decided I should see it.

The car was traded into the dealership and its just sat there!!! OUTSIDE!!! Its such a shame and I think its crazy that the dealership hasn't sold it.

If someone really wants a Red/Black combo go check it out.

Jetpilot

I just bought my '05 NSX this week-end in Columbus, Ohio.

The odometer reads 1542 miles, and I thought it would probably be one of the lowest mileage NSXs in existence.

There are always a few "put away" though.

Back