Lowest Mileage NSX?

Wraythe said:
A few months ago, I purchased '91 NSX with 971 miles! The problem I have is I feel guilty driving the NSX. I don't want a garage queen and I was wondering what other owners do with their low mileage NSX? Any comments are welcomed.

PS - I'm impressed with this site and its NSX owners.

WOW! :eek: I thought mine had low miles.

I picked it up Oct 2004 with 1320 miles on it. This is a 2001. I took a picture of the mileage when I arrived home. It had 1442 at the time.

It now has 82xx on it, so I am enjoying it A LOT! :biggrin:

nsx24 said:
As we are talking about NSX, I was out on a sunday afternoon couple of years ago (not in the NSX ) and I came upon a guy washing his Brooklands green NSX, so I stopped and started talking about cars his cars, and I starting asking him about his NSX, because it still had the new dealer sticker in place of the license plate. I asked him if he just bought it and he said he bought it back in 1994 and that it had never been registered or titled, so i asked how many miles he had on it, so he peeked in on the odometer and said 92 miles, and I asked him how many, then he replied 92 miles, so i walked around and looked in and sure enough 92 miles, he said that he drove it to get gas once and then other than backing it out to wash, he does not drive it. What really blew me away was when he said "I HAVE NEVER CHANGED THE OIL YET" and also "SEE THAT PASSENGER SEAT, NO ONE HAS EVER SAT IN IT" I sat there and he went on about how this was the NSX that Acura put at the Detroit Auto Show in 1993-94 when they were introducung the new Brookland Green color, he said he saw it and fell in love and eventually ended up working a deal with them to take it home when they were finished . WOW, what a perfect car that was.

WOW!! When and where was this?? :eek:

All this low mileage talk and here I sit trying to figure out how to get my car over the 100,000 mile mark in the next two weeks (I am at 97,904 miles now). :D

Meeyatch1 said:
All this low mileage talk and here I sit trying to figure out how to get my car over the 100,000 mile mark in the next two weeks (I am at 97,904 miles now). :D
Weren't you thinking about a road trip to Florida?

bodypainter said:
Weren't you thinking about a road trip to Florida?

More than thinking about it....if my car is running right this afternoon I am leaving tonight.

Meeyatch1 said:
More than thinking about it....if my car is running right this afternoon I am leaving tonight.

[Foghorn Leghorn] Boy, get off that computer and get yo a$$ down here! [/Foghorn Leghorn]

DocL said:
[Foghorn Leghorn] Boy, get off that computer and get yo a$$ down here! [/Foghorn Leghorn]

HAHA!! Well, Foghorn, the electrical gremilin is being tracked and exterminated as we speak. The most likely candidate seems to be battery terminals getting messed up due to heavy snow and slush packed in around the connection and ground. How many NSX owners can say that?? LOL!! :D

bodypainter said:
You going to make it to the west coast of FL at all?

Not sure where I will end up. I am splitting this trip and part business and part fun. As for where I will spend my days and nights, anything is possible, it just depends how everything shakes down. :cool:

....anyway, I do not want to hi-jack this thread.....so back on topic. :)

So, where did this super low mileage NSX turn up? How did you find it?

Meeyatch1 said:
So, where did this super low mileage NSX turn up? How did you find it?
Of all places that are holy; Provo, Utah:wink:

Meeyatch, I'm very interested in having you 3m the NSX's front bumper. Do you have a template?

i came across the 92 mile NSX 2 and half years ago in good old Ogden, Utah. The owner has quite a car collection, just picked up a H2 SUT for a daily driver, and a Lamborgini Murcialego in the last 6-8 months. Yet to see the Lambo, but also has a couple prowlers with matching trailers, Lexus SC430, (when they were new out) and a Benz. The more I talk about him and his cars, the more info I find out that he is well known around here. As you can imagine what the car looked like, I still remember, the carpet was still covered in plastic with no floor mats(probably in the trunk), not a single flaw.

So, do I have the record??? What mileage does the car come with from the dealer?

average delivery miles are around 30-40.

i had a '01 with only 352 miles...but sold my baby to SamBel at around 1300 miles :frown: at least he is able to enjoy the car more often than i was.

Sam

I have to think there are dozens of NSX's tucked away in collections
with super low / (almost no) miles.
We are in the period of folks modding their NSX's.
(Like folks did 60's muscle cars in the 70's and early 80's) When folks start
putting NSX's back to stock and trying to find NOS factory parts the
super low non driven NSX's sitting on Jack stands in plastic bubbles will come out. Its gonna be a while, but check out Barret Jackson in about 10 yrs.
They will then start to show up.
As far as your 900 mile car is concerned, you should sell it if you do not want a garage queen. Cause like it or not, thats what you have.:biggrin:
And it would be a shame to rack up the miles on it.
But its your car, do with it what you want.
Am sure you have had many buy offers from folks here.
But a car like yours is kind of a curse. Every time you drive it, you will feel at least a little bit bad. No fun..........:frown:
BTW, Add my name to the list of those interested in buying your car.
Would trade my mint driver plus $$$$, or just $$$$$$$
Am a collector at heart.:smile: And have owned several "queens" in the past.
Food for thought........

I plan to put on at least 100K on mine and bought it with 89K on it.:biggrin:

Then have KMS rebuild the engine and drive it another 100K more miles.:biggrin:

Enjoy the NSX, it is meant to be driven, my 2 cents.:smile:

bought my 98'nsx-t w/85k in July of 04...110k now, and i took it off the road in Sept...drive the shit out of it!! do not hold back.the car holds its value....you might sell it 1 day and be pretty upset if you only garaged it!

Wraythe said:
Of all places that are holy; Provo, Utah:wink:

Meeyatch, I'm very interested in having you 3m the NSX's front bumper. Do you have a template?

Was it in the paper there or did you see an Internet ad for it??

As for the 3M Clear Bra....I usually custom cut with raw material, no templates. But if you fly me out to where you are.....well.... :D

Back