Lowest Mileage NSX?

A few months ago, I purchased '91 NSX with 971 miles! The problem I have is I feel guilty driving the NSX. I don't want a garage queen and I was wondering what other owners do with their low mileage NSX? Any comments are welcomed.

PS - I'm impressed with this site and its NSX owners.

I believe the answer you seek lies behind the wheel. Take her to redline and call me in the morning. :wink:

Thats Crazy low mileage for a 1991. Definatly the lowest Ive ever seen or heard off. The NSXPO 05 Concours Winner was a 1991 Red with only 8k miles on it. How much did you pay? (if you dont mind telling us) Im guessing $50k:wink:

I have a service customer who might be turing in his 2001 Black/Black with 4k miles:eek:

That is some amazing low miles.:eek:
Kinda feel sorry for the original owner though. Never really got to enjoy the car though. Can't imagine buying a car like that for all these years and almost literally never driving it.

Wraythe said:
A few months ago, I purchased '91 NSX with 971 miles! The problem I have is I feel guilty driving the NSX. I don't want a garage queen and I was wondering what other owners do with their low mileage NSX? Any comments are welcomed.

PS - I'm impressed with this site and its NSX owners.

:eek: :eek: ARGH!!! For the love of all that is holy, that car needs driven!! Where did you get it, and what is the story behind it?? Do you have pics?? I would love to see this amazing car. :eek: :eek:

By the way....I had heard legend years ago of a red NSX up in Michigan that only had a little over 600 miles on the odometer. :eek:

Long story short, the orginal owner passed away and the family started selling his car collection, one car at a time. I will upload some pictures soon so all can see. At the time of my purchase, the family could not locate the following items: Owners manual & window sticker. On the positive side, I did receive floor mats & a heavy key :)

92NSX said:
That is some amazing low miles.:eek:
Kinda feel sorry for the original owner though. Never really got to enjoy the car though. Can't imagine buying a car like that for all these years and almost literally never driving it.
Just as you feel sorry for the owner not enjoying the NSX, I feel the same. I own '01 S2000 with 2x,xxx miles and I feel cheated not driving the S2000.

Wraythe said:
Just as you feel sorry for the owner not enjoying the NSX, I feel the same. I own '01 S2000 with 2x,xxx miles and I feel cheated not driving the S2000.

To help you out with that, I'll buy your NSX so you can drive the S2000 more. :biggrin:

brahtw8 said:
I believe the answer you seek lies behind the wheel. Take her to redline and call me in the morning. :wink:
What is the break-in mileage for the NSX? My Acura dealership told me not to worry as NSX engines are ran on a dynometer then checked on an oval track.

I however question the dealerships answer...

Last edited:
Wraythe said:
What is the break-in mileage for the NSX? My Acura dealership told me not to worry as NSX engines are ran on a dynometer and then checked on an oval track.

I would get all the fluids replaced and the timing belt service completed.
Nice find on a low mileage NSX!

sjones said:
I would get all the fluids replaced and the timing belt service completed.
Nice find on a low mileage NSX!
I had one recall and several TSB's performed on the NSX. I also had the Acura dealership replace all fluids and filters. I plan on replacing the timing belt and adjusting the valves in a few months.

Last edited:
Wraythe said:
What is the break-in mileage for the NSX? My Acura dealership told me not to worry as NSX engines are ran on a dynometer and then checked on an oval track.

My statement was an expression of my belief that you should enjoy the car for its intended purpose. They all had 971 miles at some point.

I don't think break-in is the issue, rather making sure the car is brought up to spec after having been sitting for a long time. If that is done, I say drive it.

Wow, 64 miles per year, better slow down that depreciation is a biatch.:eek:

Awesome find...pics needed.

Wraythe said:
I don't want a garage queen...

Well, you said it yourself. You don't want a garage queen.

My car also came from someone who passed away. That first owner only drove my 1992 NSX a total of 12K miles. I'm already up to 46K miles now. :smile: :smile: Miles of smiles all the way.

The first owner of your car passed away and didn't get to enjoy this car - thats a sad thing. Unless you are a collector, you should drive this car. Average NSX mileage is 5K/yr for most owners. 5K/yr is plenty enough mileage to enjoy the car and at that rate it would take you 20 years to put on 100K miles. Thats a lot of enjoyment. Don't miss out like the previous owner did.

PS - post some pictures. I want to see that car! :biggrin: :smile:

mickeylex said:
PS - post some pictures. I want to see that car! :biggrin: :smile:
The only picture I have currently is being used in my avatar. You probably can't tell but it’s the Silverstone streak coming down the mountain :)

Ira,
Your NSX looks to be Sebring Silver if its a 1991 model. That's one of 467 (out of about 9,000 or so total U.S. NSXs) Sebring Silver that were sold in the U.S. between 91-93 and a few people will tell you to "save" the car and not put miles on it. Of course, its up to you, but I'd say having a rare color combo is even more reason to drive it - you get to drive something few others get to drive. It doesn't get better than that.

As we are talking about NSX, I was out on a sunday afternoon couple of years ago (not in the NSX ) and I came upon a guy washing his Brooklands green NSX, so I stopped and started talking about cars his cars, and I starting asking him about his NSX, because it still had the new dealer sticker in place of the license plate. I asked him if he just bought it and he said he bought it back in 1994 and that it had never been registered or titled, so i asked how many miles he had on it, so he peeked in on the odometer and said 92 miles, and I asked him how many, then he replied 92 miles, so i walked around and looked in and sure enough 92 miles, he said that he drove it to get gas once and then other than backing it out to wash, he does not drive it. What really blew me away was when he said "I HAVE NEVER CHANGED THE OIL YET" and also "SEE THAT PASSENGER SEAT, NO ONE HAS EVER SAT IN IT" I sat there and he went on about how this was the NSX that Acura put at the Detroit Auto Show in 1993-94 when they were introducung the new Brookland Green color, he said he saw it and fell in love and eventually ended up working a deal with them to take it home when they were finished . WOW, what a perfect car that was.

I'm keeping track of all of these low mileage user names. When I'm in the market for my 2nd NSX, I'll be calling upon you. :tongue: :biggrin:

I'll bet your silver '91 is one of the most collectible NSX's out there. Silver '91-'93's already carry a premium due to their rarity. And under 1000 miles? That's unheard of. It's really a shame to put any miles at all on that car. It ought to be bubble wrapped in a dust free, vacuum sealed container.

At least that's what I'd be thinking driving it. :biggrin:

mickeylex said:
Ira,
Your NSX looks to be Sebring Silver if its a 1991 model. That's one of 467 (out of about 9,000 or so total U.S. NSXs) Sebring Silver that were sold in the U.S. between 91-93 and a few people will tell you to "save" the car and not put miles on it. Of course, its up to you, but I'd say having a rare color combo is even more reason to drive it - you get to drive something few others get to drive. It doesn't get better than that.
:redface: Coming from the S2000 world, I can't get Silverstone and Sebring straight in my head. Thank you for the correction...

nsx24 said:
..."I HAVE NEVER CHANGED THE OIL YET" ...
I would think that the oil would have broken down and ineffective over 11 years. Even if you're not driving it. He could possibily be harming his engine by starting it up with that extremely old oil. anybody wanna chime in on this? Am I correct in this thinking :confused:

Congratulations on your buy! This summer, I bought my first NSX...a 1991 Sebring Silver with 27K miles from the original owner. 12K miles and lots of mods later, I am more in love with this car than ever. I say drive it! Don't feel bad about it...hell, at the end of the day, it is just a car. And they were made and designed to be driven. So drive it!!! :biggrin:

Here is mine...

4.jpg

Back