Lowering Springs?

Hi guys, I know H&R Lowering Springs will low the NSX to 1.5".

Do any other springs (better or as good as H&R Lowering Springs rating) can lower the NSX to 2" or 2.5" without rubbing tires? Please give me some pictures.:smile:

Thank you!

The H&R cup kit lowers 1.7-1.8. Other then those I think the major consensus is that H&R gives the lowest drop from just springs, you could always combine the H&R with Bilstien's lower perch. Keep in mind that the H&R springs will settle over time anyway.

ashman said:
The H&R cup kit lowers 1.7-1.8. Other then those I think the major consensus is that H&R gives the lowest drop from just springs, you could always combine the H&R with Bilstien's lower perch. Keep in mind that the H&R springs will settle over time anyway.

Exactly. Using the lower perch on the Bilsteins allows you many more spring options and still get a 2"+ drop. With the additional .875" drop from the Bilsteins you'll be at a total drop of ~2.375" w/ the H&R--:eek:

I hope you know what you're getting into with that kind of drop--unless you're running 205/45/15 tires in the front you will have some rubbing issues. I lowered 1.25" and I scrape all the time also. I also rub at full lock but run 215/45/16 in the front.

Last edited:
NSXGMS said:
Exactly. Using the lower perch on the Bilsteins allows you many more spring options and still get a 2"+ drop. With the additional .875" drop from the Bilsteins you'll be at a total drop of ~2.5" w/ the H&R--:eek:

I hope you know what you're getting into with that kind of drop--unless you're running 205/45/15 tires in the front you will have some rubbing issues. I lowered 1.25" and I scrape all the time also. I also rub at full lock but run 215/45/16 in the front.

I don't know the condition of the streets where you live, but a 2"+ drop would cause me to scrape almost everywhere. I already scrape more than I like with my 7/8" drop from my Bilsteins and OEM springs on the lower perch. Unless you don't mind scraping the underside of your car (especially your front lip), I highly recommend a more conservative drop.

Cringe when I drive through the mall in my car and it's stock. Especially when I see all those gouges dug deep into them. I'm still stock and sure I clear pretty well because I don't creep over them but still rather slowly. But 2.5" drop..... that's scary considering the car is 4.5" from the ground stock.... Yikes!

But yeah, H&R plus bilsteins on lowest perch is the lowest you can get. Or the dali special coilovers or any coilover actually will drop you as far as you wanna go. Say good bye to tires though, they won't last long at all.

Im running the H&Rs and my front OEM rubber lip serves as a broom on some surfaces. I would think twice about dropping it that low.

Watch out. If you lower more than 1 inch, it is likely that you cannot meet the alignment specs and you will experience very severe tire wear. The Bilsteins on lower perch with stock springs is perfect.

kreh said:
Watch out. If you lower more than 1 inch, it is likely that you cannot meet the alignment specs and you will experience very severe tire wear. The Bilsteins on lower perch with stock springs is perfect.

I don't know if that's the case...I can think of 6 NSX owners off the top of my head who go to the same mechanic and have no alignment/tire wear issues. All of those owners are dropped between 1.00"-1.50". I'm dropped 1.25" and I've never been told that it's even close to out of spec.

Now a drop over 1.75-2.00" is a different story. One might very well might have the issues you speak of.

The OP isn't going to be happy with OEM springs & Bilsteins on the lower perch. That's only a ~.875" drop. I wouldn't be happy either.:cool: I would venture to say that H&R springs with Bilsteins on the lower perch is going to cause trouble at a total drop of ~2.375". Pick one or the other but not both. One is going to have to mix and match springs/shocks to get as close to 2.00" as possible, but not more. Even 2.00" is pushing it, IMO.

Thanks guys for all great quick responsed. My NSX has 215/40ZR17 front and 255/35ZR18 rear (Dunlop SP 9000). I have decided to get H&R Lowering Springs (1.5" drop). What other things do I need to do to my NSX beside new alignment?

Are they the same thing?:confused: (H&R Lowering Springs from Science of Speed Vs H&R Sport Lowering Spring from Ebay auction)

Thanks so much!

Well the ebay springs stand a chance of being fake. I guess Tein was having that problem on ebay.

I also know of ONE nsx owner who's dropped on Eibach springs and he states he gets like 10,000 miles from his rear alignment. He's actually a houston guy who rolls in a black NA1 on grey Iforged. The wheels are now painted black instead of grey. His name is.... Jeff... any one know???

nsxpurextc said:
Thanks guys for all great quick responsed. My NSX has 215/40ZR17 front and 255/35ZR18 rear (Dunlop SP 9000). I have decided to get H&R Lowering Springs (1.5" drop). What other things do I need to do to my NSX beside new alignment?

Are they the same thing?:confused: (H&R Lowering Springs from Science of Speed Vs H&R Sport Lowering Spring from Ebay auction)

Thanks so much!

With those tires sizes you will absolutely rub at full lock lowered 1.5".

The only difference between the SOS springs and the Ebay springs is that you're guaranteed to get NSX springs from SOS. Ask for the spring model number from the Ebay seller and then call H & R or research on
Prime to be 100% sure they are the correct springs. Too easy for a seller to get "confused" IMO. :cool:

Other than that alignment is all you need...you might want to price out replacement front lip spoilers since you'll only be ~3.00" from the ground. At 1.25" I replace my front lip spoiler about every 2-3 years (15-20K miles). Oh, and tires too--you'll be very lucky to get more than 7500 miles out of those SP 9000s.

KooLaid said:
Well the ebay springs stand a chance of being fake. I guess Tein was having that problem on ebay.

I also know of ONE nsx owner who's dropped on Eibach springs and he states he gets like 10,000 miles from his rear alignment. He's actually a houston guy who rolls in a black NA1 on grey Iforged. The wheels are now painted black instead of grey. His name is.... Jeff... any one know???

JFYI... Here's the link on Tein regarding the fake Tein springs. http://www.tein.com/counterfeit/warning.html

Thanks again for all your inputs. I have decided to go with H&R Lowering Springs and I'm excited to see how my NSX look. :smile:

Back