Loudest Exhaust

OK,folks..
I was wonering what is the loudest exhaust I could possible get for the car..
I have a RM DTM with the cats on the car with a charger.
It is louder than my other one with a DC Sports withou the cats.
I want a xhaust that will be a tad louder.

hmm... louder as in boomier, higher pitched, or both?

loud = Taitec JGTC
higher pitched = GruppeM V3 and ARC

your RM is already loud, so I would think any other exhaust aside from those mentioned above will be quieter than what you have now. Check out the SoS exhaust comparison on their site, it's a good place to start.

vike said:

I know your car.....and I have heard the car with the current muffler w/o cats.....remove the cats and I think you'll be happy with the loudness which you seek.

What? can't hear you!

Dream 28 will get you noticed where ever you go:D

I run the Taitec JGTC parallel exhaust with Comptech headers and cat bypass pipes. I would characterize this setup as "quite loud", much louder than a RM racing DTM without cats or Comptech cat back without cats but not as LOUD as the straight pipes that BeckertB mentioned above. That setup is bloody eardrums loud.

I think most would agree that I have one of the loudest setups at this time. Supertrapp with custom welded Banzai resonated racing tips. Both the tips and the cans are packed with motocycle baffle, but exhaust noise can overcome a good Harley Davidson with a little gas.:D

Juice said:
I think most would agree that I have one of the loudest setups at this time. Supertrapp with custom welded Banzai resonated racing tips. Both the tips and the cans are packed with motocycle baffle, but exhaust noise can overcome a good Harley Davidson with a little gas.:D

LOL, that's awesome. Do you have any pics of it that you can post?:D

beckertb said:
Straight pipes are the loudest I have yet encountered..........
Have to agree with Dr. Ben on this one... his car makes even PD's RTR SC-WC GT#42 racecar sound quiet :D

This is DEFINTELY more than "a tad" louder than an RM-DTM.

I've heard David's car with straight pipes in a short video and it didn't seem too loud. However, I'd like to hear what Ben's car sounds like as I have the Taitec Rapid Race exhaust and have yet to install it.

Does anyone have any video or sound file of Ben's car? Ben?
Maybe someone took some video at NSXPO and caught Ben's car passing by?

btw, does the turbo make the exhaust louder? What if I ran just straight pipes on a stock car, would it sound similar to Ben's?

There was a white car at NSXPO in Dallas that had the loudest exhaust I have ever heard. Woke everyone up at 6 am when he arrived... that was LOUD!

Ryanmcd2 said:
LOL, that's awesome. Do you have any pics of it that you can post?:D

I'll try to take some this week. Of course it would be nice if I could take one after the new Taitec headers and straight pipes are installed. Several weeks for that I guess.

NetViper said:
There was a white car at NSXPO in Dallas that had the loudest exhaust I have ever heard. Woke everyone up at 6 am when he arrived... that was LOUD!

The car that arrived at 6 am was actually red and it was driven by none other than Ben Beckert. I had the pleasure of standing under the hotel's portico while Ben flew past in a full four wheel drift at high revs. That was definitely a WAKE UP call!

Well, I've tried to upload a link from a dyno pull, but have been unsuccessful in getting it hosted. It's really hard to appreciate what the sound of the car is really like from a video. It does have a banshee-like wail. It is true that turbos muffle the sound a bit. Even in my flamboyant eyes, straight pipes on a NA NSX might (MIGHT) be a bit much.

Happy motoring,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Can you email me the dyno pull file? I'm really curious and want to hear your car, thanks.

Sorcery F1 exhaust by far. Very loud shreiking high pitched sound just like an F1 car. May even be the lightest exhaust out on the market. If you get a chance to hear this in person, you will be amazed.

vike said:
OK,folks..
I was wonering what is the loudest exhaust I could possible get for the car..
I have a RM DTM with the cats on the car with a charger.
It is louder than my other one with a DC Sports withou the cats.
I have RM exhaust and I put in test pipes to see how much louder it would be. Verdict is... ... ... VERY loud!! I took them out because it was too much for me, but if you want it deafening then just put test pipes on with the RM.

redshift said:
I have RM exhaust and I put in test pipes to see how much louder it would be. Verdict is... ... ... VERY loud!! I took them out because it was too much for me, but if you want it deafening then just put test pipes on with the RM.

I agree completely, my CTSC RM DTM with test pipes is very loud!!, you will not sneek up on anyone. Drone is a little excessive as well, anytime the car is under load, I did not have this problem with the cats in. It is amazing to me how much different the volume level is.

Dave

Back