Loudest Exhaust

You need to be a bit careful here as loud exhausts usually mean less backpressure and less backpressure means lower average bulk exhaust temps and lower temps mean slower wave dynamics and that can take a perfectly good set of tuned headers and "untune" them. Loud isn't always fast unless you make the necessary adjustments.

I have the Comptech and only bought it because I figured with the Comptech Supercharger; i figured the exhaust and headers only made sense. The only problem is its so damn quiet. I wish it was louder but I plan on adding some comptech test pipes. :wink:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I have the Comptech and only bought it because I figured with the Comptech Supercharger; i figured the exhaust and headers only made sense. The only problem is its so damn quiet. I wish it was louder but I plan on adding some comptech test pipes. :wink:

This is exactly what I was talking about. Comptech engineered its headers with some assumptions which affect the designed "tuning". I'm sure one of the assumptions was that the cats would be on. Cats can affect the "environment" in which acoustic waves (the tuning factor) operate which has a direct affect on wave speed. I’d call Comptech and ask if they done any tests using their headers and exhaust without cats just in case. I’ve seen 20+ HP get lost as a result of this kind of “mismatched” situation.

Exhaust systems :rolleyes:

Drive your NSX around the block with all your pipes off and you'll never want to go back :biggrin:

Total race car scream! :eek:

The white car in this AZ NSXPO pic was loud.
Followed for about 15 minutes. Got to be too much, dropped a gear and traded places the rest of the way. It was very loud from behind! :biggrin:
NSX.jpg

For track I use the Comptech Supertrapp exhaust with test pipes and Comptech headers. You can ask the visitors of last Honda NSX Trophy at Spa Francorchamps. This combination is very load :biggrin:

MCM said:
The white car in this AZ NSXPO pic was loud.
Followed for about 15 minutes. Got to be too much, dropped a gear and traded places the rest of the way. It was very loud from behind! :biggrin:
NSX.jpg
That's on of Marc's NSXs (01blacks4). I can't remember what his setup is, but I'm sure he'll chime in soon. Send him a PM if you're interested in LOUD!

Marc... how about it?

Im running the Taitec Center Exit Exaust, Taitec Test Pipes, and Now Fujitsubo Headers, id say pretty dyam loud. A little raspy between 3-4k rpm, but beautifult before and after that

Back