looking to bu an 02NSX

I've been negotiating with a local dealer on a new 02 yellow and even with the $7500 manufacturer's cash back, the lowest he's willing to go is $75k. I was reading on earlier posts that a good # is closer to 72k, anyone know of any dealers in the NE that has an 02 with 6spd, (almost any color but black, too hard to keep clean) that would be willing to talk?

Originally posted by RPM217:
I've been negotiating with a local dealer on a new 02 yellow and even with the $7500 manufacturer's cash back, the lowest he's willing to go is $75k. I was reading on earlier posts that a good # is closer to 72k, anyone know of any dealers in the NE that has an 02 with 6spd, (almost any color but black, too hard to keep clean) that would be willing to talk?

That NSX and an 01 with 6410 miles have been offered by the dealer in Texas for a few months, they keep getting reoffered, but not sold, what's the real story on them?

I almost bought the 01'. I think the problem is they're not budging on price. When I wanted this car a month or so ago, I offered them $65K for the 01' and they refused to sell. Now, I see they're offering the 01' for $65.5K. Could have sold it a month ago, but the sales guy wasn't willing to work on the price. I think overall, the sports car market is just down right now.

I know Niello Acura in Sacramento has a couple of '02 and an '03 NSX in stock. Check Niello.com for their inventory. They ship cars all over the U.S. and I'm sure they will give you as good of a deal as you will get anywhere on a new one. Talk to Kelly Ritchie if interested. Just a thought.

Bruce

Originally posted by O-Ace:
02' Yellow for $72K

That car is used, meaning that it has been previously titled. And the price is $73K, not $72K.

I'm not sure anyone has really bought a new one for $72K. Maybe $73K... but maybe not. If you've got them down to $75K, you're pretty darn close, and you won't have to pay shipping like you would from some distant dealer. Get them to throw in a few freebies (floor mats, trunk mat, car cover, CD player if you're lucky) and call it a deal.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
That car is used, meaning that it has been previously titled. And the price is $73K, not $72K.

I'm not sure anyone has really bought a new one for $72K. Maybe $73K... but maybe not. If you've got them down to $75K, you're pretty darn close, and you won't have to pay shipping like you would from some distant dealer. Get them to throw in a few freebies (floor mats, trunk mat, car cover, CD player if you're lucky) and call it a deal.

Already including the CD Player and keyless entry, am waiting for them to get back to me and counter one last time, then I plan on adding (at no cost to me) wheel locks, bra, and driving lamps. They admit that there true cost is 72k before the 3% manufacturer's give back, but they want to make $. I still think I should be able to get the car for 73-74k. It's now a game of chicken-

Already including the CD Player and keyless entry...

Keep in mind that when negotiating freebies, stuff like floor and trunk mats, car cover, etc. are things that are fairly discretionary and low-cost to the dealer. As such, they should be willing to accomodate you on those things without a problem. Getting the CD player and keyless entry system are not small-ticket items. You should recognize that the fact that you've got these thrown in is quite substantial. I've seen low mileage (< 500 miles) '02 X's advertised for $72-$74K. I think $74 - $75 is a pretty good deal for a new '02. (It wasn't clear from your post whether you were able to negotiate these into the deal, or whether the car came equipped with them).

Regards.

[This message has been edited by NSXaholic (edited 17 January 2003).]

I just spoke with the local dealer, they refuse to come down from 75k, so I called the expo dealer in texas, on the 02 with 90 miles. This is the car that was won at auction, and then sold back to the Acura dealer, Expo bought it from them and hasn't been able to sell it for months, any ideas-?

I just spoke with the local dealer, they refuse to come down from 75k, so I called the expo dealer in texas, on the 02 with 90 miles. This is the car that was won at auction, and then sold back to the Acura dealer, Expo bought it from them and hasn't been able to sell it for months, any ideas-?

I assume you're talking about the one they have up for sale on eBay, that O-Ace mentioned. No one has bid on it. They will obviously accept $72,985 since that is the buy-it-now price. How far down they would go below that, you can't tell since there is no way to find out the reserve price (but it's definitely more than the $65K starting bid). If you're interested, make them an offer.

The auction says that this is a used car, so it has apparently been titled.

Keep in mind that you would still need to pay shipping (unless you negotiated that in as part of the deal) - typically around $1K or so - so that would reduce the difference in price from your local dealer, whose car is new (never titled).

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 17 January 2003).]

t

The game of chicken is over, I just got the phone call, I'm on my way over to the Acura dealer to sign the papers on the 2002 NSX-T in Yellow with a black interior. Delivery date is going to be on 1/30 (they'd rather do January delivery, I gave them a choice as my current lease is up on 2/04). So, I'll be turning in my yellow 2000 corvette convertible for an NSX. I've been wanting one since they first came out, and it looks like in 2 weeks, I'll be riding. Thanks for the help and encouragement, wish me luck

Well.........You got us all wondering now!

How Much?

How much, how much. How much, how much, how much.

In all seriousness, if you feel comfortable disclosing the price, it would be a useful data point since we don't have that many pre-owned 02's to have a good sense.

Regards.

Cool! I know you're gonna love it. Enjoy!
smile.gif

Congrats
smile.gif

You've got a very good deal.
It shows how the market really slow. Around last Oct '01 I offered $75k cash for a new '01 and the Mike Harvey Acura dealer wouldn't budge from their $80k asking price because a week before someone bought an NSX from them for $84k.

------------------
--
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP :) -> miles start to climb
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 10k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 5k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 97k miles and running strong :)

Originally posted by NSXaholic:
How much, how much. How much, how much, how much.

In all seriousness, if you feel comfortable disclosing the price, it would be a useful data point since we don't have that many pre-owned 02's to have a good sense.

Regards.

Remember, there is currently $7,500 back from Acura, until the end of Feb. I negotiated down to 74k. They still have a black 02, a blue with automatic, and a white 01 (new). They're supposedly the #1 NSX dealer in the US, so they should be setting the trend. I'll be having the Valentine remoted into the rear view the day after I pick it up, as yellow isn't exactly a stealth color!!!!

Originally posted by SpankyPop:
I wouldn't imagine there are many stealth colors for a NSX!
smile.gif

Actually, the darker colors (black, purple, green) are pretty stealthy and not as likely to be noticed as the flashy colors like red or yellow or orange.

Back