Looking for someone to host my NSX movie

Over Christmas I created an NSX movie/music video that I would like to share with everyone. However, the server it is on right now has very limited bandwidth. Lud has said he would host the file for me, but he has been really busy and hasn't had the time to put it on the server. I was hoping someone could host the file for me until Lud has a chance to put it in the gallery. If anybody can, just let me know and I'll email you the address where you can download it. (the file is about 45 MB)

Thanks
Aaron

Edit - Fixed spelling

[This message has been edited by NSXPERT (edited 09 February 2003).]

I can host it for ya. I've got a couple DS3's just sitting there.
biggrin.gif

[email protected]

SR

I used Ulead Visual Studio for the general editing (I wish I had Adobe Premiere), Virtual Dub was really helpful in cleaning up clips and cropping them. I used Particle Illusion for the special effects. The entire film was shot on a Canon s200 Digital Elph.

Aaron

WoW!!! That was so good!! Is it okay to expect that there will be more in the future??

Yes, expect more NSX stuff from 218 Productions. But you have to wait. However, If your dying for more from 218 there are a couple of older movies out there. Unfortunately they are not of the NSX. One is with an Audi A4 and one with a 1935 Chevy Master (with blatant advertising at the end). The Audi one can be found at:

ftp://ftp.taner.net/vids/audi/JDreher/AudiWOOHOO.avi

The Chevy one doesn’t have a host so I don't have a link (any volunteers?). There is currently a 1968 GTO film in postproduction along with a second Audi Film. If I get a hosts for any of them I'll post them in the off topic forum.

218 Productions looking into a second NSX movie to begin filming in mid march (NSX availability is very limited). This time we will get better footage, 218 productions is getting better with more experience.

Just wait and the NSX will return!

Aaron

edit - fixed link

Edit - Ok, I give up I dont know post a link

Just a request...

Could you guys consider using MPEG (or even QuickTime) in the future?

Thanks,
Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Originally posted by yellowpad:
i like the video...come to southern cali, lets make a movie where there is nice and sunny......and plenty of nsx'er--you got talents!!!!
I just realized that the shots were all taken in Ventura County area(Southern Cali). The Prime Drives usually hit these windy less traveled back roads. Come join us in May/June for the 3rd. annual Prime Drive. Thank you very much for that video Aaron.
John

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
I just realized that the shots were all taken in Ventura County area(Southern Cali). The Prime Drives usually hit these windy less traveled back roads. Come join us in May/June for the 3rd. annual Prime Drive. Thank you very much for that video Aaron.
John

John,
The thought occurred to me too, so much that I thought it might be your car in the video. I kept staring at the license plate to get a good read, but then I realized the wheels were 7spoke OEMs.

-Randy

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Just a request...

Could you guys consider using MPEG (or even QuickTime) in the future?

Originally posted by pbassjo:
I can't run the movie. What software are you using to view it?

The file is in MPEG4 format. So there should be no compatibility problems with a current version of windows media player. Available for download here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player.aspx

Yes, the film was done in the Ventura area (Balcom canyon to be specific). I was fortunate enough to participate in last year's NSX Prime Canyon drive, unfortunately I don't think I will have any time off this year so I won't be able to come. However, If I get time off I guarantee that I'll be there.

Aaron

[This message has been edited by NSXPERT (edited 10 February 2003).]

Wow, I'm floored. What a great job! Do you do this in your spare time? You sure have a lot of spare time...

For the next 218 NSX video, put more of the reflection shot in there. I think that's one of the coolest things about driving downtown in between all the buildings, you get to see your shiny car skip from one window pane to the next.

I thought the slideshow of the sideview in different locale's was very original. I think it'd be cool to pan the camera 5-10 degrees in one direction every time, so that by the time you've covered all your different locations, you've done a 360 around the car.

Once again, great job. Looks real professional, especially for just a powershot S200.

no wonder i don't see any snow during christmas time......it's southern cali..ahhhhhhhh i see said the blind man...thanks ANYTIME n' FURY. We should really make a movie in the nsx community...who knows? we may get the next blair witch project!! hahahahha

Very well made! I'm impressed. However, it came out upside down for some reason, on my viewer?!
frown.gif
How did you do that with the Canon S200? I have the same camera and never knew you could take movie clips!

I could view the video just fine! It's very nice!

Two suggestions for future videos:

1. Run a spell-check program on all the titles before you put them into the video.

2. Learn how to drive with two hands on the wheel.

biggrin.gif

Back