Looking for NSX...

Hi guys, I've been looking for an NSX for many years now... not much luck finding clean ones with a good service history in the $30k range. If you know of any, please let me know.

Hi guys, I've been looking for an NSX for many years now... not much luck finding clean ones with a good service history in the $30k range. If you know of any, please let me know.

If you don't mind an auto trans, mine may be available if the current interested buyer decides not buy. However, my car may not be as clean as your are looking for, but mechanically, it is in good condition. The price is negotiable. See link

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/album.php?albumid=507

I'm Mario
m626-676-3000

well i am legally handicapped, so an automatic might be best... but i have to see if i'd enjoy driving it. i am going to check out an automatic locally and give it a test drive, so i will know soon. i'm calling this my 1/3rd life crisis car, so i might need a manual. lol.

Last edited:
well i am legally handicapped, so an automatic might be best... but i have to see if i'd enjoy driving it. i am going to check out an automatic locally and give it a test drive, so i will know soon. i'm calling this my 1/3rd life crisis car, so i might need a manual. lol.

95 autos and newer have the sports shift option, which lets you shift like a manual. When I feel like hot roding around, I drive in sport shift mode. When in trafiic, I stay in full auto mode.

Let me know what you think after you drive the auto. There are pros and cons on auto NSX's, which I would be happy to discuss with you.

Best,

Mario

it wasn't bad, but i didn't realize early NSX's were so slow compared to later ones. (drove a manual also) my only NSX experience prior was a 2002 manual and even that was just ok to me. i still love how it looks, but i'm not sure about the power... i may have to go manual to get the most out of it as i don't like to mod much anymore.

it wasn't bad, but i didn't realize early NSX's were so slow compared to later ones. (drove a manual also) my only NSX experience prior was a 2002 manual and even that was just ok to me. i still love how it looks, but i'm not sure about the power... i may have to go manual to get the most out of it as i don't like to mod much anymore.

It doesn't matter what year NSX you buy, the automatics all have 252hp. So even if you were to buy a 1997+ 3.2L NSX, it still has the detuned 3.0L motor.

Good luck in your search.

Yes, if acceleration is important, then an auto will definitely not be satisfactory. Good luck on your search.

It doesn't matter what year NSX you buy, the automatics all have 252hp. So even if you were to buy a 1997+ 3.2L NSX, it still has the detuned 3.0L motor.

Good luck in your search.

oh i know, i was referring to the early manuals being slow too. thanks, i am just now facing a conundrum... early manual with i/h/e... built auto and supercharger... or late manual. either option will end up to be more than $30k from what i've been looking at.

what i need is an early manual already modded, but not marked up for said mods... but those are also usually trashed.

you know i found some late model manual's for a little more, but they're in bad shape. i think at this point i just want a clean NSX, so auto's will do if the price is right. that said, narrowing down my search, gonna have my mechanic inspect the one i drove and hopefully i'll drive that NSX home.

oh i know, i was referring to the early manuals being slow too.

I don't think the difference in performance between the manual 1991-1994 NSX Coupes to the manual 1997-2005 NSX-Ts is that much.

And I'd have to say that all year NSX's are slow by today's standard. :redface:

Anyway here's the Wiki's data which shows some overlap.
1991-1994 0-60 range was 5.0 to 5.8 sec
1997-up 0-60 range was 4.8 to 5.3

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Performance

you know i found some late model manual's for a little more, but they're in bad shape. i think at this point i just want a clean NSX, so auto's will do if the price is right. that said, narrowing down my search, gonna have my mechanic inspect the one i drove and hopefully i'll drive that NSX home.

Good luck and have fun. People talk about straight forward acceleration, but I think people overlook the fact that car really excells on the curves.

Good luck and have fun. People talk about straight forward acceleration, but I think people overlook the fact that car really excells on the curves.

Just driving it around town in a sunny SCAL day is a great experience by itself.

If you are looking for straight line performance, get a new Mustang V8, lot of speed for the money.

Back