Looking at a 99 NSX...........

Looking at a 99 NSX with 55k miles, asking price is $39k. No evidence of Timing belt or water pump change.

Looked at Carfax, one owner car. Accident reported on car fax in 1999 when car had less than 5k miles. Carfax states, "Accident with an animal" My guess is car hit a deer. Accident was 9 years ago and owner put another 50k miles on the car since.

What are your thoughts on possible accident damage? Will it be hard to sell this car in the future?

Is the asking price good? What will water pump/timing belt run?

Please give me your opinions.

thank you,

Glenn

What are your thoughts on possible accident damage? Will it be hard to sell this car in the future?
Yes. Dear hits can be very catastropic depending on the speed at impact.

Is the asking price good?
Good is always dependant on the buyer.

What will water pump/timing belt run?
About $1700- $2000 depending on where you take it

Please give me your opinions.
I would PASS on this one, but that is just me.

there have been many examples of 97-2001 NA2 models for sale on nsxprime in the past few months that have all been priced around the 45K mark, all with around the 50K miles mark or lower. these are also for very nice examples, all up to date with service (clutch, tb/wp) and all have clean titles/no accidents.

the 39K price tag for the example you are looking at seems a little bit high, for being in an accident, and also not having tb/wp done. without this service done, it brings into question what other service has been skimped out on.

Look for the car of your dreams that does NOT have a story.

Glenn

Is this the 99 silver for sale by Curry Acura? Me and another prime member looked at it. I can give you some details if this is the car.

if the title is clear and incident disclosed there is no issue, imo. hitting an animal that would require a minor repair is evidently reflected in asking price which i would consider fair for a 99.
afterall it is just a car and if there is no structural damage, everything is replaced (not repaired but replaced with oem parts) what is the issue? pride? the 'uneasy feeling' your baby was violated? does the previous owner farting on the seat count as well? i would not consider these circumstances a 'story'- a 'story' is a salvaged car with a washed title.
of course if there are problems that the previous poster can attest to, the scenario changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back