Look Out

Ok well lets give a little background info. I'm 18(almost 19) and going into the NAVY in feb. I'm doing 6 years and plan on purchasing my first nsx within my first 2 years of being active. I have the money to afford one now but I do not feel the need to purchase one as all I'll be able to do is let it sit in my garage.

Some more useless info. I've been an avid racer(on the track not street) since I was about 12 years old. I've raced in NASA, SCCA, and KART. Since I had my license I've raced in NASA's HC and AI classes. SCCA has me doing auto cross. KART was something I did as a kid that progressed into me doing it in a real car. I love racing and I'm building an NSX that I can take to the track and run it and drive home.

Here is what I have planned for the car upon purchasing(I'm in the hunt for a 91-95).

Exterior:
Burn Up Front Bumper
Burn Up Hood
Yokota Wide Front Fenders
Taitec JGTC Rear Fenders/Quarter Panels
Taitec GT500 Wing
Taitec JGTC Rear Diffuser
Taitec JGTC GT500 Fixed Headlights w/ HID Package
SoS Radiator Duct
Lexan Race Hatch w/ Carbon Duct
JDM Dark Tails

That covers the exterior upgrades I have planned with a few carbon pieces thrown in here and there.

For Engine work I'll be contacting SoS and having an engine built.

3.8L stroker motor that is built for N/A purposes and making 550+rwhp on 93 octane. The engine will have numerous products from SoS.

Suspension is going to be handled by JIC. Chassis reinforcement done as well. Brakes are going to be from KVR/AP Racing. Interior is going to remain fairly stock with some visual upgrades along w/ a few other mods.

For rolling stock I'm going w/ Advan Model 5s. One of my favorite all time wheels and I have a set on my Toyota mini truck.

The car is going to be prepped for track use but also to serve as a weekend cruiser. I've always loved the NSX and like how "rare" it as around where I live. I've seen maybe 3 around here and thats it. I see RX-7s, Supras, 3000GTs, 300ZXs, etc etc etc around here all the time. I want something different that is just as capable if not more so than any of those.

Mike

WickedX said:
3.8L stroker motor that is built for N/A purposes and making 550+rwhp on 93 octane. The engine will have numerous products from SoS.

Mike

That's unrealistic, even with FI. There are plenty of threads about the 3.8, and the expected rwhp is around 330.

pvmike said:
That's unrealistic, even with FI. There are plenty of threads about the 3.8, and the expected rwhp is around 330.

Well shoot. O well. I guess I'll just enjoy the 330 or whatever it is. Just means I'll have to drive a little harder at the track.

WickedX said:
Ok well lets give a little background info. I'm 18(almost 19) and going into the NAVY in feb. I'm doing 6 years and plan on purchasing my first nsx within my first 2 years of being active. I have the money to afford one now but I do not feel the need to purchase one as all I'll be able to do is let it sit in my garage.

Some more useless info. I've been an avid racer(on the track not street) since I was about 12 years old. I've raced in NASA, SCCA, and KART. Since I had my license I've raced in NASA's HC and AI classes. SCCA has me doing auto cross. KART was something I did as a kid that progressed into me doing it in a real car. I love racing and I'm building an NSX that I can take to the track and run it and drive home.

Here is what I have planned for the car upon purchasing(I'm in the hunt for a 91-95).

Exterior:
Burn Up Front Bumper
Burn Up Hood
Taitec GT500 Wing
SoS Radiator Duct
JDM Dark Tails

That covers the exterior upgrades I have planned with a few carbon pieces thrown in here and there.

For Engine work I'll be contacting SoS and having an engine built.

Suspension is going to be handled by JIC. Chassis reinforcement done as well. Brakes are going to be from KVR/AP Racing. Interior is going to remain fairly stock with some visual upgrades along w/ a few other mods.

For rolling stock I'm going w/ Advan Model 5s. One of my favorite all time wheels and I have a set on my Toyota mini truck.

The car is going to be prepped for track use but also to serve as a weekend cruiser. I've always loved the NSX and like how "rare" it as around where I live. I've seen maybe 3 around here and thats it. I see RX-7s, Supras, 3000GTs, 300ZXs, etc etc etc around here all the time. I want something different that is just as capable if not more so than any of those.

Mike

So you will be in over $50 k by the time you are done.
You do own a house right?

Regards,

Patrick

SugrueNSX said:
So you will be in over $50 k by the time you are done.
You do own a house right?

Regards,

Patrick

I have 2 actually. One I'll be living in and the other I'll be selling.

WickedX said:
I have 2 actually. One I'll be living in and the other I'll be selling.

Wow I wish I had already owned two houses by the time I was 18.
You are a very lucky man.
Hope you don't mind me asking. I was just trying to look out for you, as not all 18 year olds are as fiscally responsible as you.

Post pictures.

Regards,

Patrick

Not to sound rude, but how can one afford to own 2 houses at the tender age of 18?
I presume you come from an affluent family?

Since you are in the navy, you will have ready access to plenty of ocean water to douse all the flames from the flame fest likely to ensue when someone says "I'm 18 and am buying an nsx and modifying it."

Try not to pay attention to the people who like to flame out from the safety of the keyboard (safety, BTW that people like you provide by going into the military). I say best of luck with your NSX. TRy to get one heavily modified to save the $$.

And I, at least, appreciate the fact that people like you are willing to get in harms way for the unappreciative masses. best of luck.

WickedX said:
Burn Up Front Bumper
Burn Up Hood
Taitec GT500 Wing
SoS Radiator Duct
JDM Dark Tails

Yes, very nice mod list. Will you be overnighting parts from Japan?

Well from the careful reading that I have done on this board it looks like the 3.8 stroker is what I'm going to go with. I don't really want to mess with a FI track car. Just not my style. I'll keep everyone updated on things as they persue.

How can I afford 2 houses at 18? Not as simple as most would think but since I was 15 I've been buying/selling cars and been doing little real estate here and there. My father is a Master ASE Tech and I'm an ASE tech. We both buy and sell cars like hot cakes. Its how we make money. My mother got me into real estate a little bit and I like it. Now granted neither one of the houses I own are very big or anything like that but they suit my purpose of renting them out.

Once I purchase my NSX, I plan on selling both houses and cashing in a few of my investments to buy myself a nice chunk of property and to start work on my NSX.

Peiserg, thank you for the kind words. Not many will stand up for the military anymore.

Best of Luck! We see threads like this at least once a month. Im 18 and buying a NSX and Im doing yada, yada, yada. I say, we start by buying the actual car first, then the mods. Can the LS1 fit in an NSX? Whats the insurance for an 18 year old? Im getting an NSX, should I go turbo or SC? :confused:

Im appreciative that you are in the military and protecting us but let's get a little realistic. You cant even enter into a legal binding contract till your 18 years old, how can you own 2 houses? We should start a new sub forum for talking out our asses:biggrin:

because the houses weren't in my name when I bought them doesn't mean anything. Yes they were under my moms name but I was the one that bought them and fixed them up.

Yea I know you guys see this alot. Doesn't bother me that you guys have little faith in the younger generation. I know what it takes to own an NSX. Insurance doesn't bother me. I won't go FI because imho its not reliable for the platform I want.

Yes, so lets start the hunt for the car. I'm in the process of looking, comparing, and see what all is available currently.

WickedX said:
Well from the careful reading that I have done on this board it looks like the 3.8 stroker is what I'm going to go with. I don't really want to mess with a FI track car. Just not my style. I'll keep everyone updated on things as they persue.

How can I afford 2 houses at 18? Not as simple as most would think but since I was 15 I've been buying/selling cars and been doing little real estate here and there. My father is a Master ASE Tech and I'm an ASE tech. We both buy and sell cars like hot cakes. Its how we make money. My mother got me into real estate a little bit and I like it. Now granted neither one of the houses I own are very big or anything like that but they suit my purpose of renting them out.

Once I purchase my NSX, I plan on selling both houses and cashing in a few of my investments to buy myself a nice chunk of property and to start work on my NSX.

Peiserg, thank you for the kind words. Not many will stand up for the military anymore.

What are you talking about? Everyone stands up for the military these days. Even the tree huggers "love the military, hate the war". I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is thinking, you are a 14 year old with no money and a pie in the sky dream of building one of the biggest rice heaps ever.

The Kid said:
Best of Luck! We see threads like this at least once a month. Im 18 and buying a NSX and Im doing yada, yada, yada. I say, we start by buying the actual car first, then the mods. Can the LS1 fit in an NSX? Whats the insurance for an 18 year old? Im getting an NSX, should I go turbo or SC? :confused:

Im appreciative that you are in the military and protecting us but let's get a little realistic. You cant even enter into a legal binding contract till your 18 years old, how can you own 2 houses? We should start a new sub forum for talking out our asses:biggrin:

Don't be an ass, I owned my house before I was 18. Granted it was in big sister's name at the time.

This is the perspective buyers' portion of the forum. Let people dream/research what ever they desire. There are some of us who own that either live paycheck to paycheck or off the interest of our millions/billions. Like your momma says, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. It's true these threads pop up like dandelions, so ignore them, move on to one that is "worthy" of your attention.

isellpower said:
I'll go ahead and say what everyone else is thinking, you are a 14 year old with no money and a pie in the sky dream of building one of the biggest rice heaps ever.

Like I said, we need a sub-forum for talking out our asses:biggrin:

Im only 25 too, Im part of the younger generation...its how you present the situation. I repeat, lets buy a car first, then we can discuss mods.:biggrin:

Note to all perspective NSx buyers, Not all owners are assholes.

I had to put up with the same style of shit when I went shopping for my car. Hell, porsche wouldn't even let me test drive a used 911. I had to make a complaint to managment to just get behind the wheel of a USED G35 coupe.

He lives in Indiana, not California. Real estate over in that area can be had for less than 200k for something comparable in California going at 350k+. Slap a pay-option loan on each of them (minimum payments on 180k loan amounts would be $600/mo) and rent them out at the going rate in that area for around $1000/mo. But what do I know.

I feel the same as everyone with these i'm going to get an NSX and mod it, but who knows, many kids these days have wealthy families. I had just got word a month ago that some guy got a 2002 spa yellow as a 20th birthday gift from his mommy and daddy (although he had 20k to help out).

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
. I had just got word a month ago that some guy got a 2002 spa yellow as a 20th birthday gift from his mommy and daddy (although he had 20k to help out).

I had a phone call on our red/tan 2002 from someone with that same story. $20k down and his parents were going to help him out.

i agree with 'the kid'...first buy the nsx, then things can be discussed after that. it's always good to plan, but dont' take on too many responsibilities at once. you're 18, going on 19. that is very young, being just out of high school practically. if you're making that much money selling cars and doing real estate, more props to you...

but i don't see it at all possible, for someone your age to have the money to buy 2 houses outright...but then again, maybe i'm too used to nj house prices...with an average 1000 sq ft house going for over 300K. let alone property taxes allthroughout central and north jersey at over 10K/year.

again. if you know how to manage your money, good job, you're one of the few. make the dream a reality first, then start dreaming bigger and better.

The Kid said:

ha haa lol well said and very funny i was thinking the same thing as a real estate agent you cannot enter into a legal binding contract until 18 so how? funny stuff:tongue:

It's been a few years since I've been in the military, but there were lots of guys who would buy ridiculously expensive cars and pay them off during their 4 year term. Your car and recreation money are your only true expenses. If this is what you want, than go for it.

As a owner, I find alot of your attitudes pretty damn disgusting. I thought only the camaro/trans am/domestic/ricer/street racer folks were this pathetic. Wow, same people who will stomp on an anti nsx troll will also stomp on the people who admire them the most, the up coming generation. Grow up some more. Alot of you sound pretty well off, buy yourself some manners and dignity.

Back