• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Long Term Updates on SOS SC/Laminova IC?

Here is an interesting read for those using meth/water injection as a replacement for a good intercooler.

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/your-sti-doesnt-need-an-intercooler-right/

Meth/water injection is a great addition to an intercooler as it lowers combustion temperatures and raises octane to prevent detonation, however it does not provide a cheap substitute for a intercooler. It should be injected after the turbo/supercharger where the compressed air is heated and will benefit the most from the cooling properties of the amount of heat energy absorbed to evaporate the mixture.
I would love to run both but with my Whipple an intercooler is not much of an option. While it is ideal to run direct port the Aem kit works well. Guys have been running water/Meth this way for years.

Why read your profile when I can read your sig?:wink:

Touche mon frere. Two-shay.

Although, one never knows if I paid cash, or was given by daddy, or am merely leasing (and have missed some payments).

last year my neighbor had a gallardo, FGT, and maserati. Now he drives a 9 yo porsche (had to sell it all, and owed money on all the cars). Book by the cover, holmes.

Back