• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Living the Dream of Ownership...

Since buying my car, I have become a real fanatic about it. I had the 60k mile service completed ahead of time. I have detailed the car from top to bottom, inside & out, including the engine compartment. I have put multiple coats of Zaino on it, conditioned the leather, polished the wheels. I bought a factory cover for it, and new floormats. I joined NSXCA and ordered some apparel. I'm talking the whole nine yards here.

The bean counter in me went through all my service history and entered the information from the records into an Excel spreadsheet to track repairs, gas, parts, service; any expenses associated with the car. Fields include date, description of the complaint, description of the repair or service provided, dollar amount, trip mileage, and total mileage of the car. I then proceeded to add info from the receipts I had from the previous owners for any aftermarket parts and accessories such as the wheels & Tires, Exhaust system, batteries, etc. Everytime I gas up I update the spreadsheet by entering the number of gallons purchased and mileage so it will calculate the fuel mileage. (I am averaging 23mpg combined city and highway driving and have gotten as high as 29 mpg on a tank of gas.)

I was lucky enough to obtain all the issues of NSXtra from the previous owner and have read them from cover to cover. There is alot to learn about this fantastic automobile! I am still pretty hungry for information so I am glad to know that NSXPrime is here. I will be doing research on my short list of mods that I plan for the car including Comptech headers, Downforce intake scoop, and eventually some suspension work to fill up those fenderwells.
(Of course I will keep all the OEM parts so the car can be returned to stock.)

Before I take her out, I check the local weather forcast. (This car will never see rain again.) When I'm ready to roll, I take of the cover, dust her off with a Calif Duster, check the fluids, tire pressures, and have a look around for any signs of a leak. Finally, its time to get behind the wheel...I fire it up and let her warm up for 60 seconds or so and its time for another awesome driving experience!

15624Picture_1329-med.JPG

You make me wish my wheels were here....:( I know that Ill have to wait another month or two. BTW, is your car lowered? It looks good. also are you in snap ring range? Just curious b/c mine is. Thanks

NSXAC - There some good threads on first mods in the owners forum. I think a uni-filter for the intake and an exhaust system is a good start.

d1 guy - The car is at the stock ride height, thanks. It is not in snap range, I made sure of that before I bought it. Your car is looking good too!

Back