Lexus LFA vs Acura NSX! - Head 2 Head Episode 13 [Motor Trend]

Great video!, had to go for a drive after I watched that. Went with a buddie who ironically commented on how great my car sounded when I got `on' it. Now my pride v2 is no LFA but it works for me!!!!
eddy

Kind of crazy that they were able to get their hands on an apparently 'new' 1991 NSX. That car is wearing the no longer made OEM Yokohama A-022 tires and has manufacturer plates. Did they raid the Honda museum?

Maybe! In Edmunds long term road test there was a picture of a Red/Black 93 in the background at the Honda Museum.

A very nice video by Johnnie L. - same thoughts I had after driving an F430 on the track...F430 is an exciting car but definitely not an NSX...:wink:

See, the thing is, I think F1 cars sound stupid. I don't want a high pitched whine. Much rather have a deep, throaty roar than a scream.

Wow. If you had stood on the front straight at the USGP when it was at Indy and listened to 22 V10s blowing past you at 18,000 RPM, I don't think you'd be saying that. Most remarkable thing I've ever heard at a racetrack but the most amazing thing to see is the braking power those cars have.

Great Vid .... I really enjoyed it:biggrin:

saw the video, I agree that LFA sound is pure race-bike awesome.. GruppeM exhaust comes close for NSX, but not as high pitched, excellent job on the exhaust for the LFA... (I'm sure the 10 cylinders helped too!)

A very nice video by Johnnie L. - same thoughts I had after driving an F430 on the track...F430 is an exciting car but definitely not an NSX...:wink:

I don't own an NSX but know someone who owned an F430 and an NSX at the same time, he said the nsx had nothing to envy of the 430. That same guy went on to sell both and got a Gallardo. Thing is, recently he sold the Lambo to buy.... an NSX

well off course the NSX win's! it's old school Honda.
Anyway the LFA sounds horrific i just hate the sound it makes near moped ish personally. it's ether a big thumping chevy, Honda V6 or a old BMW M engine for me.-

Just to pure sound i get when i race trough a tunnel gives me a big smile every time.

Last edited:
Some like F1.....most like NASCAR
F1 start singin at 9k+.......NASCAR stops at 9K
some like ECU.....most like Holley
some like Ruth Chris.....most like beef
some like two cams......most like push rods

You just can't win all the time
____ Nacho Libre

well off course the NSX win's! it's old school Honda.
Anyway the LFA sounds horrific i just hate the sound it makes near moped ish personally. it's ether a big thumping chevy, Honda V6 or a old BMW M engine for me.-

Just to pure sound i get when i race trough a tunnel gives me a big smile every time.

I don't know what mopeds you've heard, but link me please. If I can't afford an LFA, I'll buy whatever moped makes that noise.

Kind of crazy that they were able to get their hands on an apparently 'new' 1991 NSX. That car is wearing the no longer made OEM Yokohama A-022 tires and has manufacturer plates. Did they raid the Honda museum?

It's likely.

A few months back, I heard that the red '93 in the museum was needed for some press duty, but it had been sitting in the museum for 5 years, with no maintenance. They weren't sure how they were going to get it running again. After consulting with the internal Acura techs, and probably other NSX experts, the decision was to just drop in a new battery and start it up. A little bit of smoke and clatter on startup, but other than that, it started up and drove normally and uneventfully.

This is probably the press duty that they were referring to. I hope it got a full servicing before it hit the road!

Back