Lexus LFA vs Acura NSX! - Head 2 Head Episode 13 [Motor Trend]

Let's be honest.. if we were given a choice we'd all take the LFA!

For free that is.. the NSX is the one i'd buy with my own money.

i'd take the LFA for free... to sell. then get more desireable cars like an NSX and GTR and still have money left to mod em.

Let's be honest.. if we were given a choice we'd all take the LFA!
Actually - I wouldn't. "Super cars" with the quirks and nuisances such as a LFA have no appeal for me.

A McLaren MP4 on the other hand is a different thing altogether. It apparently performs more like a NSX in day to day use.

What exhaust can I get for my NSX to make it sound like the LFA!?!?! :biggrin:

The LFA is the best sounding production car in the world. I would say even better than the any Zonda.

This guy was funny though "I have to have an NSX".

Drove my car a lot today. Just loved every second of it.

i love how mine sounds with foam filter, DF AIS, CT-Eng Headers and Pride V2. i can drive modern supercars all day, hop into mine and be perfectly content with the sound. very ferrari-like.

i did hear an NSX i mistakened for a Lamborghini once... not sure what exhaust he had...

Great video! I hope Honda sees these videos and reviews that constantly get brought up because of what they did 20 yrs ago and finally wakes up.

Great Video. Makes me proud to own an NSX. I should take it for a spin today.

MT has come a long way. In fact I feel that their videos are better than all the other U.S. Car mags. Quite impressive.

What exhaust can I get for my NSX to make it sound like the LFA!?!?! :biggrin:
hahaha

well, one of two ways.

1. Buy an LFA and put an NSX logo on it!
2. Read the attachment and design your own! (notice, valve actuated!)

note: credit goes to Mac Attack for sending this to me long ago.

Attachments

Last edited:
That was a great review! I enjoyed it thoroughly. I was actually surprised that he was very critical of the LFA in the beginning. From what I've heard, the LFA was praised in the magazines.

I do agree that given chance, I would take the LFA over an NSX. One of the best sounding cars, and it would feel more special having such a rare car. Both awesome machines!

Chris

The LFA is the best sounding production car in the world. I would say even better than the any Zonda.
heh, I am in the minority I guess but I can't stand that whiney noise of the LFA. Perhaps it is different in person (never been in one), but on video it just sounds childish and annoying to me.

heh, I am in the minority I guess but I can't stand that whiney noise of the LFA. Perhaps it is different in person (never been in one), but on video it just sounds childish and annoying to me.

Really? That (and similar V10s [Carrera GT, V10 M5, etc.] are about as close to that F1 sound as you can get in a street car. You are entitled to your opinion though. I guess some people prefer that V8 burble.

See, the thing is, I think F1 cars sound stupid. I don't want a high pitched whine. Much rather have a deep, throaty roar than a scream.

Yeah. Different strokes for diff folks. But I really find it shocking that anyone would find an F1 car to sound stupid.

I personally don't understand it [the V8 burble]. You can take any V8, strap on a magnaflow, and you have that sound. AMG 63s don't do a thing for me personally.

That high frequency scream on the V10 only comes with an exotic V10 engine (usually reserved for rare and exotic vehicles). It's incredibly rare to come by.

Back