Lexus LF-A

Vancehu said:
NSX is rather a success story in the beginning. There are 19000 sold world wide, far greater than any single model Ferrari.

The Ferrari 360 sold nearly as many units as the NSX - in 6 model years versus 15 - over 17,000 including the syder, challenge and CS. Some sources have reported total 360 production at approxiamtely 10,000 units, but that figure is for coupes only. Looking at the 348, 355, 360 and F340 as a continuation of the same product line - just like the NSX NA2 is a continuation of the NA1 - Ferrari outsold the NSX by a factor of 3.

As for the LF-A, IMO it will not be successful because it's not a good looking car at all. The styling is totally forgettable and the proportions are ungainly. I'm sure that mechanically and technically it will be a great car. The McLaren/MB SLR has been selling like crap for the same reason. That car has tons of power and killer engineering but it just doesn't look very good.

TC said:
The Ferrari 360 sold nearly as many units as the NSX - in 6 model years versus 15 - over 17,000 including the syder, challenge and CS. Some sources have reported total 360 production at approxiamtely 10,000 units, but that figure is for coupes only. Looking at the 348, 355, 360 and F340 as a continuation of the same product line - just like the NSX NA2 is a continuation of the NA1 - Ferrari outsold the NSX by a factor of 3.

See, that is how CNN report ttheir cut and paste liberal focused news they want people to hear.

Honda sold 15000 plus NSXs the first five years of the production. They kept the the production runnning simply because there is a Pride of keeping their best product out there, and customer support for this product. I'm very thankful for that, for what they did, that is why I own a Late Model.

Vancehu said:
I disagree with you completely. Honda, BMW, Toyota, Cosworth, MB is spending combine of over a Billion bucks just to develope the F1 V8 engine within the past 12 months, is that a looser deal? They didn't win any races.

NSX is rather a success story in the beginning. There are 19000 sold world wide, far greater than any single model Ferrari.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here Vance :confused:

TC said:
As for the LF-A, IMO it will not be successful because it's not a good looking car at all. The styling is totally forgettable and the proportions are ungainly. I'm sure that mechanically and technically it will be a great car. The McLaren/MB SLR has been selling like crap for the same reason. That car has tons of power and killer engineering but it just doesn't look very good.
Hmmm. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Looks pretty good to me:biggrin:

Attachments

• lfa_12_lg[1].jpg
    lfa_12_lg[1].jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 202
  • lfa_19_lg[1].jpg
    lfa_19_lg[1].jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 176
liftcontrol said:
Hmmm. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. Looks pretty good to me:biggrin:

Best pics I've seen so far!

liftcontrol said:

I've seen this concept in person...

this may be the least photogenic car that ever existed. It's gorgeous in person... looks horrid in photos... it's truly weird how it doesn't work 2D, but is sexy, especially the rear, in 3D

rickysals said:
I've seen this concept in person...

this may be the least photogenic car that ever existed. It's gorgeous in person... looks horrid in photos... it's truly weird how it doesn't work 2D, but is sexy, especially the rear, in 3D

Thanks for the input Ricky. Good to get a confirmation from an "eyewitness".
I just hope they do not dilute the final version too much.

i'm gonna get the new evo. looks sweet, and it'll rape damn near any car 5 times the cost... straightaways and on the track. you'll be able to take a good look at the license plate too... SUKITTRBK

Having also seen this car in person. I am lukewarm on the styling. Overall, the car looks a tad heavy, like a woman that is 20 pounds overweight. The rear has excessive height / not enough width and hence looks out of proportion with the rest of the vehicle. The front headlight / bumper treatment is plain and will likely be cleaned up before production. The side intakes doesn't blend in very well from some angles.

I read an interview with one of the designer of the NSX. He mentioned that they model the shape of the NSX to resembled the forms of a lean athletic woman. And of course the canopy shape of the F16.

It goes to show the different approaches and styling statements from each manufacture. Honda styling resembles lean, fit, understated power. While Toyota's styling is more voluptuous to embrace a combination of luxury and sport.

The question is, which is your cup of tea?

Silver F16 said:
Having also seen this car in person. I am lukewarm on the styling. Overall, the car looks a tad heavy, like a woman that is 20 pounds overweight. The rear has excessive height / not enough width and hence looks out of proportion with the rest of the vehicle. The front headlight / bumper treatment is plain and will likely be cleaned up before production. The side intakes doesn't blend in very well from some angles.

I read an interview with one of the designer of the NSX. He mentioned that they model the shape of the NSX to resembled the forms of a lean athletic woman. And of course the canopy shape of the F16.

It goes to show the different approaches and styling statements from each manufacture. Honda styling resembles lean, fit, understated power. While Toyota's styling is more voluptuous to embrace a combination of luxury and sport.

The question is, which is your cup of tea?

Silver F16, there is no doubt the NSX is one of the most beautiful cars ever, in my eyes at least. I do not think the Honda HSC is anywhere as good looking as the NSX either. The LF-A has a different type of a design. It is more "technical", tool-like and straightforward. I agree that it is not as beautiful as the gorgeous NSX, but if it is as Toyota plans it to be, ie,

[in Toyota's words] a luxury high-speed capsule that blends extravagant comfort with precision operation. Although it is about five inches shorter in length than the Porsche 911 Turbo, its wheelbase is nine inches longer. At 48 inches, it is nearly identical in height to the Ferrari F430. And with a width of 73.2 inches, it splits the difference between the Mercedes Benz SL55 and the Aston Martin DB9, then it would be very attractive indeed. :smile:

The NSX will always be with me. I sold one once and had to get another within months of it. I absolutely lust after its looks, from every angle. For me the question is which car will take its place next to my NSX in the garage. Will it be the next NSX, the Nissan GT-R or the Lexus LF-A? Wonderful choices all.:biggrin: The answer in my mind is simple. Whichever of these three turns out to be the most hardcore sports car will be the NSX's stablemate. My hope is that it will be another Honda product but if the NSX replacement is more of a GT in the classic sense of the word, then I will likely lean towards the V-10 LF-A rather than the boosted 6 of the GT-R.

liftcontrol said:
I do not think the Honda HSC is anywhere as good looking as the NSX either.

never seen an HSC in real life, have ya? i think the nsx doesn't look all THAT great in photos (stock), but in real life you really get a different perception. HSC is the same way.... i didn't htink it was all that awesome, till i saw it in detroit and almost wet myself :cool:

Back