Klipsch KSW-10 Powered Subwoofer
Denon Cd changer
Sony DVD player

rear.JPG

sub1.JPG

tv1.jpg

Cool topic... No pics, but I like making lists :p

Mitsu 52" rear proj
Sony ES800 receiver (old school baby! - regular Dolby, no 5.1 :( )
Pioneer DVL-888 LD/DVD/VCD/CD/ABC/XYZ
JVC-7200 SVHS
Sony Ultimate TV
JBL MR308's
JBL MR center
JBL Pro Performer rears
Cerwin Vega sub
Sony RMAV3000
Every console known to man (seriously, I have a lot of game consoles)

I consider my rig "high low-end"

Last edited:
Home Theater/ Media Room was my first wallet draining hobby before I got the NSX about 5 years ago, the stuff I have currently was from those days, but like the NSX, were ahead of their time so not too obsolete yet!

Sherwood Newcastle Pro Logic, Dolby Digital & DTS receiver
Samsung Tantus 56" Widescreen w/ built in HDTV decoder
Echostar sat tv receiver & real time digital recorder
Sony DVD, VHS
Pioneer LD
Audio Source EQ
Optimus Power center (surge protector/ line filter)
Onkyo CD changer, tape deck
B&W Rock Solid 5.1 speakers
5 custom movie theater seats w/ cupholders :D!

Since I'm pretty much finished decking out the NSX, I'm starting to get back into HT and just had the walls & ceiling painted as pictured and will be building a riser for the rear row of seats soon. Next up, Sony Cineza LCD ceiling mount projector w/ fixed 80" Stewart screen:
fbe84103.jpg

fbe840ff.jpg

fbe840fc.jpg

fbe840f9.jpg

fbe840f1.jpg

fbe840ef.jpg

fbe840e5.jpg

fbe840de.jpg

Last edited:
I just put together my first home theater system in January. It has:

Jon Alexander "Zero Gravity" furniture, black
Philips 34" direct view HDTV, black
NAD T761 5.1 A/V receiver
Polk Audio RM7600 satellites, center, and sub
Sony DVD
Direct TV satelite (HD receiver coming soon)
Home Theater Master MX-500 remote

My pictures were on my notebook computer, which recently crashed (system32/hal.dll file missing...), so no pictures at the moment.

QWKSLVR said:

This is just as cool as possible... If there were a "we're not worthy" smilie, I would insert here [ ]

QWKSLVR said:
Home Theater/ Media Room was my first wallet draining hobby before I got the NSX about 5 years ago, the stuff I have currently was from those days, but like the NSX, were ahead of their time so not too obsolete yet!

Sherwood Newcastle Pro Logic, Dolby Digital & DTS receiver
Samsung Tantus 56" Widescreen w/ built in HDTV decoder
Echostar sat tv receiver & real time digital recorder
Sony DVD, VHS
Pioneer LD
Audio Source EQ
Optimus Power center (surge protector/ line filter)
Onkyo CD changer, tape deck
B&W Rock Solid 5.1 speakers

Since I'm pretty much finished decking out the NSX, I'm starting to get back into HT and just had the walls & ceiling painted as pictured and will be building a riser for the rear row of seats soon. Next up, Sony Cineza LCD ceiling mount projector w/ fixed 80" Stewart screen:
fbe84103.jpg

fbe840ff.jpg

fbe840fc.jpg

fbe840f9.jpg

fbe840f1.jpg

fbe840ef.jpg

fbe840e5.jpg

fbe840de.jpg

Very nice. I think however, a projector would really be awesome in this room. Fill that entire back wall, put all the rack equipment behind the roll down ceiling mounted screen.
I eventually will have my Home Theatre like this.
Tan

Thanks tantheman, that somewhat exactly what I have planned w/ the Sony Cineza LCD ceiling mount projector. All the equipment will be recessed into the sidewall. The Stewart screen will be fixed mounted, I don't like pull downs b/c most are not 16:9 widescreen shaped and don't resemble the feel of a "real" (home) theater.

QWKSLVR said:
Thanks tantheman, that somewhat exactly what I have planned w/ the Sony Cineza LCD ceiling mount projector. All the equipment will be recessed into the sidewall. The Stewart screen will be fixed mounted, I don't like pull downs b/c most are not 16:9 widescreen shaped and don't resemble the feel of a "real" (home) theater.

DLP or ILA for projection try not to get LCD unless you do not mind that screen door look.

Nice setup. I thought about getting theatre seats. How comfortable are they? I use this room for my everyday tv watching also. I have seen some leather theatre seats, but for $2k each it was a little too steep for me. The baseboard lighting is a nice touch. I bought the light strips but have not had time to put them down yet. That is indeed a sweet setup.

Rob

<B>NSXLOVER</B> : So you bought a 70" TV just to watch <A HREF="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/nsxrox/tv1.jpg">Fraiser</A>? :D

<B>QWKSLVR</B> : Hey! I'm flattered that you'd have a Matrix poster on your wall! :cool: ;)

no way i'm posting my setup after seeing your home-cinema's. awesome stuff!!!

NSXLOVER, yeah, admittedly, the theater seats are about as comfy as theater seats get, which is not very. The HT I guess is not my daily driver :( ! It does look the part however & fits the rather small room nicely. I do plan on putting something like one of those Lay-z-boy recliners w/ the phone jack & refrigerator armrest smack dab in the middle of the room for the ultimate couch potato experience :D !

Tantheman said:
DLP or ILA for projection try not to get LCD unless you do not mind that screen door look.

I second that. I can't stand the screen door look on the LCD projectors not to mention gray contrast instead of real black. Ugh!

With DLP's however, you need to find out if you're sensitive to the rainbow effect. But getting a DLP with 4x speed of the color wheel should pretty much eliminate this problem.

Tan,
Post a pic of your home theater! I've never been to your house but I'd like to see what you've got. I'd post a pic of mine but I don't have a dig cam.

DONYMO or JOEL, do either of you have contact info for Jason Turk? Also Joel, can you PM me on fabrication the Home Depot film screen? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eddie

theater

Just installed last week:
-Stewart 110" luxus firehawk screen wall
-SharpVision VZ-90 front projector
-Denon 2803 AV reciever
-Denon DVD900
-Hughes HDTV rec/component convertor
-BIC ventura 5Ch surround incl. 16" sub
-PS2
-Sony VHS
-All Monster Cabling
PICTURES TO FOLLOW LATER

Eddie,

Jason Turk is awesome. Great prices too!
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Da-Lite High Power movie screen and most like will get it at avsforum.com

As far as the Home Depot screen, it's called Parkland Plastics. It's basically a wall panel used for the bathroom but makes a good screen with a gain of 1.0 (similar to a matte-white screen). It has no seams whatsoever and will give you a nice, even picture.
Do a search on "Parkland Plastics" on AVS and it will give you bunch of threads in return. I painted mine with Universal Grey paint to help with contrast. It works.

They come in 4'x8' at the local home depot. Might wanna search around for it because not every store carries them. If you want a bigger size, (5'x10' is the most popular because you can cut it down to a 16:9 aspect ratio screen) you'll have to special order it through the company. When you call them, say it's for home theater and they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

The panel + shipping will cost around $55 or so, straight to your door. When you get it, take it out immediately and lay it flat overnight to get rid of waves. If the waves don't disappear, call parkland again and they'll send a replacement for free.

gladiator_on_small.jpg

My set-up looks similar to this.

Last edited:
kenwood dvd/amp surround sound and soon new toshiba plasma tv, was getting a digital but they just brought these out and cheap too 500,000 yen. cant get a big system like you guys apartments are like rabbit hutches here. Im saving the serious dvd theatre system for my nsx ;)

Cheapest "big screen" movie experience...

<LI>60 foot screen
<LI>7.1 Dolby Digital EX + DTS Sound (20 speakers around room)
<LI>Drop as much popcorn as you want; No mess to clean up.
<LI>Free upgrade every 5yrs
<LI>Hot chicks every session (if u care abt that kinda thing)

...It's called my local cinema... :D

Back