Last-minute buying decision

IMHO if you are going to build a track car. The vette is a better place to start. More choices for mods, easier parts to find, cheaper parts, and easier service.

kevintari said:
the nsx is 1500 mi away, got a million vettes here.

there are three scenarii:
1-You really cannot decide. When you finally do, since there are a million vetts around, it's not really a problem if you end up not wanting an NSX afterall.
2- You do buy a Vette and did want the NSX, you'll be probably regretting it down the road and loose $$$ on the transaction since the Vette depriciated much faster than the NSX
3- You buy the NSX and decide you wanted the Vette after a couple of years. You can probably sell the NSX and buy a better Vette you would have bought if bought it now.

but IMHO if you are even considering buying an NSX unseen 1500 miles away, there is no doubt you want the NSX. Here are your options:
1-Have someone close to the car help you out check it out for you.
2-Take a quick travel to check the car out. Make sure you buy a round-trip ticket so you don't feel you have to buy the car.
3-wait till an NSX shows up for sale closer to your area.

hope this helps
Alex

I always refered to my '69 Plymouth GTX as "The X"...

We don't want to confuse your NSX with one of those beasts!

;)

I say "the X" a lot, BUT, Ill make an embarassing admission... I think I may have gotten that from the ricer crowd :D

As the NSX ages and gets cheaper and cheaper (and they sell fewer and fewer new ones) the ownership age heads younger and younger and terms like "the X" gain in popularity! :D :D After all, the 91-93 NSX (which change hands the most) are now at rough price parity with the pristine Supras or new Evolutions and WRX's. This is heavy boy racer territory.

As a former C5 owner, I agree with the sentiments expressed here. Chevy cranks out 35,000 Vettes a year, so there are millions of them. The C6 will be the EXACT same story and only seems better because its "new". In one year, they will be EVERYWHERE.

This means you have the luxury of taking a TON of time to decide if you really really really want the NSX since Corvettes will just ALWAYS be available.

One thing people havent brought up is paint quality. Words can't describe how much better the paint is on an NSX than on a Corvette (and thats a MAJOR quality differentiator which just gets MORE extreme as they age). Food for thought...

Back