Kill Bill Kicks Ass (literally)

Just want to say, I saw Kill Bill at a premiere last night, and it was a lot of fun.

Tarantino didn't disappoint on this one (I was a bit worried actually), it was a fun movie to watch start to finish.

When it was over, I was ready to watch Vol. 2 right away, highly recommend checking it out, unless of course you aren't really up for blood and loose body parts ;)

ROFL... Mr.Wolf, you said I was thinking about MYNSX! :rolleyes:

Three consecutive posts by Mr.Wolf!!! :eek: I think he wants someone to reply... :D

I also heard this is a great film, but it has Lucy Liu.... :( ...so i can't go see it.... :(

NeoNSX said:
ROFL... Mr.Wolf, you said I was thinking about MYNSX! :rolleyes:

Three consecutive posts by Mr.Wolf!!! :eek: I think he wants someone to reply... :D

I also heard this is a great film, but it has Lucy Liu.... :( ...so i can't go see it.... :(

Well, if you don't like Lucy Liu, perhaps you should see it, there are some unfortunate things that happen to her ;)

Nothing against Lucy Liu.. i never liked her until i went out with girl sorta resembled her (but MUCH better looking) So now when i see Lucy, i think of her... bitter sweet feelings. :( Hence i'll pass seeing the film in the cinema.

...lol...now u spoiled the film for everyone... ;)

<B>kenjiMR</B> : Music is central to the Retro feel of Tarantino's films... glad it's good.

<B>Mr.Wolf</B> : did you really consult on the film? :confused:

bacon said:
not to be a pig but are any of the hotties naked....lots of hotties in that movie

No nudity... however, there is a great scene with Vivica A. Fox holding a fight pose, and she looks dead sexy, with her rumpshaker nicely filling out her kung-fu pants :D

NeoNSX said:
...or divx version. :D

I heard Lucy Liu actually plays a very minor role in the film. Can anyone confirm this???

Uh, aside from Uma Thurman, nobody really has a huge role, just because of the way it's shot, but I would say Lucy Liu has a sizable role. There is also a lot of the film depicting the life of her character, but these scenes do not feature her specifically.

i dunno, i personally didn't really like the movie. too fake for me i can appreciate movies where the odds are stacked up against teh main actor/actress but that blue leaf house scene was a little too unrealistic for my taste.

just my 0.2 cents though...

i personally liked underworld, pirates of the caribbean and the rundown a lot more. sorry to stray from kill bill:D

ps. mr wolf

r u really the mister wolf from pulp fiction??:confused: as u can probably tell i'm still a newbie:D

I loved the film. The 70 gallons of blood per victim in Japan is remenicent (an hommage?) to the classic Shogun Assasin, a film with such spotty direction and minimal budget, but an over-abbundance of brutallity and (laughably) graphic violence that I watch it once every 2-3 months. Kill Bill has all the crazy dialogue and unlikely action of the best animes while retaining a simple straight-forward plot. Uma is the perfect female hero, as she plays it like a woman, not like a girl trying to sound like a tough guy! She pulled it off beautifully and was even convincing in her fighting sequences. And I don't usually like her performances. A must-see!

a mate of mine into Japanese flicks was really disappointed with Kill Bill... he said it shamelessly ripped all the best bits of Japanese manga! :( i haven't seen it; maybe someone would confirm.

If they had had a single appearance of Bill Gates in the trailer of Kill Bill, the movie would have been a mega-hit! :D

There is a fine line between "ripped off" and "homage", the spirit of Kill Bill is definitely with respect to Kung Fu movies that preceded it, not an attempt to 'steal' all of the bits from them to make an all new movie.

Frankly, that's what was so great about it, fans of old-school Kung-Fu movies will have fun spotting all of the pieces that pay their respect to the genre, Sonny Chiba is in the movie! :D

And the anime sequence was top-notch-looked like the same outfit that did 'Blood-the last vampire'. Awesome and over-due in the North American market. As to ripped off? Well there's alot of American films that 'rip off' japanese cinema. Disney's Atlantis is almost shot-for-shot a rip of Nadia and the Lion King is the same (but I forgot the title of the japanese anime it came from...one of Miyazaki's efforts). I would have thought your friend would have been pleased to see so much Eastern influence in a big Hollywood production...:rolleyes:

i didnt find umma's fighting scenes one bit believeable. too slow with the sword and her form to my eyes just plain sucked. but i must agree that the animee part was really good. it was done by the people who did the anime-matrix from what i have heard.

Yes the anime team did one of the animatrix scenes. Regarding Uma's form, well...I've never had difficulty watching THAT!:D

Just saw the movie last night and hated it. I still think Resevoir Dogs was his best with Pulp Fiction being the runner-up. Pulp would have been better without the protracted sequences with Bruce Willis and that annoying "girlfriend" of his. (Sorry Mr. Wolf - but at least your scenes were classic).

Kill Bill is more of a rip-off of Kung Fu films with a Sam Peckinpah style than an homage to the genre. Tarantino really does not have an original thought but does understand how to choose music to fit the mood. The soundtrack was the best part of the movie.

I found the anime to be too long and distracting from this "partial" story. The minimal character development, with the exception of the the unnecessarily long development of the Lucy Liu character, left too much "up in the air" to get you to see the sequels/prequels and that results in the film being not much more than an extended fight sequence.

Tarantino is a one-trick pony and his "talents" are being deified unjustifiably.

RSO 34 said:
Just saw the movie last night and hated it. I still think Resevoir Dogs was his best with Pulp Fiction being the runner-up. Pulp would have been better without the protracted sequences with Bruce Willis and that annoying "girlfriend" of his. (Sorry Mr. Wolf - but at least your scenes were classic).

Mr.RSO34, thank you for your kind words: I quite agree. :D

Back