Just got home with my first NSX!!!

thanks to all

Ive been storing porsches for over 20 years.. so I am used to the storage thing.... my general rule is... battery tender and occasioanlly roll the car back and forth a few feet whenever I go to my moms house to check her house while she's in florida... that's where I winter store (she likes it because I check her house more often.

I usually only start the car once... usually a warm day in February... and I run it long enough to get it warm and hopefully run it slowly up and down the street... excerising the brakes, transmission, etc.

I intend to park on carpet squares to hopefully prevent flat spots on tires... I also usually over inflate the tires.

I add stabil to the fuel

I use a top quality, cotton fleece car cover.

How many of you actually put the car on blocks??

regarding seals... I have lovingly been putting lube on them for weeks... they are in great shape!!!

That's just plain bad advice. Use a quality car cover and this isn't a problem. Most modern car covers are made of specially-designed layered fabrics that allow any moisture under the car cover to evaporate.

I stand corrected, use a quality modern car cover since its a fact that...
trapped condensation isn't a good thing for clearcoat/paint

or leave it uncovered, just don't use a tarp (I think we can all agree on that)

I was considering that the owner lives in Michigan which are my old stomping grounds and I recall the levels of humidity and temperature changes in the garage throughout the winter/spring season.

Just ignore me though, I give bad advice :rolleyes: :biggrin:

-

Back