Just drove an NSX for the 1rst time!

Doc, looks like you got some new shoes in your avatar! :D

not to hijack a thread, it's an elo/eldorodo thing....
elo2.jpg

If the dealer/salesman lets you take it on a test ride and you are more or less following their guidelines.. more power to you. Although it "sucks" that we know eventually this car will be owned by the community, the dealer owns it now and can do whatever they want with it.

Osiris, I think the short hand reference of Jap for Japanese is also condescending, when talking about people. I have Japanese friends and certainly wouldn't call them that. However, on car forums all around the world this is used as an abbreviation, not a racial slur (in 99.9% of cases).
You probably won’t find me using it but you could spend too much of your time worrying about it rather pointlessly if dig deeper than the author intended. The weather is starting to finally cool off in Austin. If you see a crazy guy on a flat black CBR954RR or red Aprilia RSV Mille around 2222 or city park be sure to wave..

I have to laugh that osiris' avatar is a WWII (ie: Nazi) german helmet with the Acura A, yet "Jap" might be offensive??? Not starting stuff!! Just pointing out that someone might take THAT as offensive, too!

Greetings
I drove 5 different NSX's before buying mine. None of them were a color combo that I liked. I did negotiate on all but one of them, and would have purchased, if the price had been right. The one I did not bargain for was from a private owner over in Saratoga. It was a beautiful 2000 with 48K miles on it. He wanted 10K over what KBB said it was worth. He did not need to sell it, and I did not want to insult him by asking him to take less. I also really wanted one without the hideaway headlights.
Martin

Greetings
He wanted 10K over what KBB said it was worth. Martin[/QUOTE

KBB imo is not a good reflection of what these cars are worth, actually 10k over KBB sounds pretty right to me. when I totaled my '91, KBB said it was worth 22K, I'm glad that my insurance looked at market value and not KBB.:smile:

Mitch, I am in sales. I get paid on commission. Have been for the last 15 years. I know some people are out for a test drive. The thing is, even though they don't buy TODAY they might in the future.

Yeah, exactly. And if you just ride one car, you don't know possible the difference between good and not as good car.
It is lot of money and I understand this very well.

Or do you go to car shop and buy directly first car you see it :eek: ?

Back