Just bought an '05 TL

DocL said:
Yeah, it would have been a bit selfish for me to have three manual cars leaving the wife stuck with the only automatic. Plus, she said she'll take the TL when her lease is up in two years so I'll get to go car shopping again. :smile:

I got the auto also because when we want to go on out of town trip and would take the TL should couldn't drive a stick at the time. However, now we just bought her a car with a stick and she loves it. That and since I am paying for the TL, part of the deal was that she pays for the NSX and figured if she is paying for it might as well know how to drive it.
I'm very happy with the way it all worked out though. :biggrin:

DocL said:
Another impulse purchase, but after being in the loaner for just one day I had to get one. Dammit Acura; Why do you have to make such great cars that I can't resist buying after I drive one! :smile:

So, what go-fast-crack mods do they make for the TL?

Congrats!! DOC TL is a great car :wink:

I hope that the 3rd gen TL tranny holds up better then the second gen. I dont mean to beat a dead horse here but im on my second with less then 30k miles and I think this one will go soon also. :mad:

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I hope that the 3rd gen TL tranny holds up better then the second gen. I dont mean to beat a dead horse here but im on my second with less then 30k miles and I think this one will go soon also. :mad:

I have heard some of the tech's at the stealership saying something about a TSB on some of the trannys. If you experience any transmission issues you should let them be aware.
I haven't yet and hope not to.

Acura NsX Pilot said:

That's why the car has a warranty and I always get a loaner, even for oil changes.

New TL trannies had issues too; luckily we caught it before they were shipped :smile: The only problems we have had was with the BREMBO brake pads; but we have retrofitted the problem

apapada said:
My wife loved it so much she actually wanted us to buy one while picking up the NSX !!! That's the reason they do this !!!

I have just the opposite experience. Every time I drop one of my vehicles for service I always get a huge POS as a loaner.

Dropped off loaner
X-5................... 04 330xi, 525
Murano...............04 corolla, 98 corolla that leaked gas all over my lawn (cost $1500.00 to have a gardener repair the damage)
Touareg..............04 A4
A6.................. ...04 A4
S500...................230

Not one of these loaner cars would I buy because I was impressed with it.

A few years back I crashed a Lightning pickup. The repairs were going to take several weeks to complete. Can you believe the Ford dealer wanted me to drive a 7 year old f-150 pickup while the repairs were being made??? :mad:

steveny said:
A few years back I crashed a Lightning pickup. The repairs were going to take several weeks to complete. Can you believe the Ford dealer wanted me to drive a 7 year old f-150 pickup while the repairs were being made??? :mad:

Wouldn't your insurance pay for a rental?

92NSX said:
Wouldn't your insurance pay for a rental?

Not for the entire length of time it was going to take to make the repairs. I ended up buying a new lightning to drive while I repaired the wrecked one myself.

#2 There were 2 rattles in the car (< 4000 miles) one from the ashtray which stopped when the ashtray was let open, the other one I could not determine (seemed to come from passenger side).
This is picky, even it's totally fixable, I called this nsxsyndrome!! ;)

I too don't like the torque steer, I really killing the front tire of the Aspec Manual when it first came out, and I particularly didn't like the light clutch with a somewhat abrupt feel... I like the Auto much better, and you can't really find me saying something like that all the time. I'm not sure if I like the LSD on the Manual too, it's kind of make the car darty and twichy at the limit. Which is something I rather not to deal with in a 3600 lbs big sedan with 4 pass. on board.... IMO.

My wife also had a 03 TL-S, we experienced some weirdness in the tranny once a while, but last time Acura change fluid and install that jet kit, it's all fine now... IS300 is not in the same league with TL at all, unless you are comparing the 2000 TL or older models.

I have a 2004 TL (actually it's the wife's :) ) It's a 6spd/navi, Karen has about 12,000 miles on it and we have 2 problems.

The first is a really strange hesitation/bucking at low throttle. It happens in any gear, and when you punch it, it goes away. Our Acura dealer had it for a week and said, "Without another 6spd around we can't compare it, but we do feel it too". I think that was a bunch of bull. Oh well, unfortunately, my wife and I have way too busy of work schedule to be jerking around at the dealer so we have just had to live with it. At NSXPO I was speaking to one of the guys from Comptech, interestingly enough he said he likes the TL 6spd, but Acura better come up with a fix for that damn hesitation. I couldn't believe he has experienced the same issue. He went on to tell me they believe that Acura made the flywheel too heavy on the 6spds, and the excessive inertia is creating the feeling of hesitation. Hmmm, makes sense especially since when I floor it the problem goes away.

The second problem started happening about 2 weeks ago, Karen said she heard a sound while driving and she thought the tire was coming off. I immediately told her to pull over and check the lugs, everything was OK. I checked the car later that day and sure enough there is a strange noise coming from the right rear of the car, but it's not a mechanical noise. It sounds like something is loose in the door, it's rattling all over the place :( If I had to guess it sounds like a clip holding the cable from the window regulator broke and the cable is flapping around.

Looks like I have to some how find the time to take it down to the dealer.

BTW....What was the problem regarding the Brembos, because when our TL was at the dealer for a week, my brakes weren't even touched :mad: :mad:

just have to sneak 1 picture in here :)
11323284-L.jpg

Last edited:
jadkar said:
I have a 2004 TL (actually it's the wife's :) ) It's a 6spd/navi, Karen has about 12,000 miles on it and we have 2 problems.

The first is a really strange hesitation/bucking at low throttle. It happens in any gear, and when you punch it, it goes away. Our Acura dealer had it for a week and said, "Without another 6spd around we can't compare it, but we do feel it too". I think that was a bunch of bull. Oh well, unfortunately, my wife and I have way too busy of work schedule to be jerking around at the dealer so we have just had to live with it. At NSXPO I was speaking to one of the guys from Comptech, interestingly enough he said he likes the TL 6spd, but Acura better come up with a fix for that damn hesitation. I couldn't believe he has experienced the same issue. He went on to tell me they believe that Acura made the flywheel too heavy on the 6spds, and the excessive inertia is creating the feeling of hesitation. Hmmm, makes sense especially since when I floor it the problem goes away.

The second problem started happening about 2 weeks ago, Karen said she heard a sound while driving and she thought the tire was coming off. I immediately told her to pull over and check the lugs, everything was OK. I checked the car later that day and sure enough there is a strange noise coming from the right rear of the car, but it's not a mechanical noise. It sounds like something is loose in the door, it's rattling all over the place :( If I had to guess it sounds like a clip holding the cable from the window regulator broke and the cable is flapping around.

Looks like I have to some how find the time to take it down to the dealer.

BTW....What was the problem regarding the Brembos, because when our TL was at the dealer for a week, my brakes weren't even touched :mad: :mad:

just have to sneak 1 picture in here :)
11323284-L.jpg

Boy the guy that owns that farm must be loaded, look at all the NSX's he owns!!! I particularly like that yellow one with the bra on it, what good taste!!!

As far as the hesitation on Karen's car, it really only happens near malls and shoe stores, you think maybe there's something to that????? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Not all cars with the brembo were affected, i believe the remedy was new pads...

Murano...............04 corolla, 98 corolla that leaked gas all over my lawn (cost $1500.00 to have a gardener repair the damage)

Why did you park a loaner car on your lawn? Were you washing it for them before you returned it?

Back