Junk email

Help! I am being inundated with junk email. How can I stop/limit the junk mail I get? Is there a third party program I can install or am I not using my current mail service correctly? I am using outlook express and try to block repeat junk mail by utilizing the tool bar Message-Block Sender deal and nothing... I was hope there is a fix to my junk mail blues! :(

Best way, get a new email address. There really aren't any effective ways to stop junk mail and spammers.

When you do get a new email address... try not to choose an easy/common email address (pre @domain.com).

For instance... the auto spammers are not as likely to spam (you will still get spam if you aren't careful):

[email protected]

.... as easily as:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (nsx will get you spammed!)

Spamming programs just get the most common names... and then just change the domain name and spam the hell out of it.

What I do is get two email addresses (maybe more... :D)

One is purely for online purchases, banks, etc. Online registrations, forums, etc...Stuff that could possibly be sold to spammers. (I actually have two of these.)

Then I have a personal one with just my friends.

Then I have one that is SUPER Personal... for family members and computer savvy spam haters... the reason I do this is because my friends like to use those stupid online services such as evite.com and crap like that...

Just my opinion... and experience...

Check out http://www.spamarrest.com/ - it is extremely effective for personal use. For business use (if you run your own mail server), Postini.com is awesome.

Note: Do NOT use a Spamarrest or any similarly filtered e-mail address for your account on this website without whitelisting *.nsxprime.com - the system needs to be able to send you automated e-mails or your account will not work. I don't give out e-mail addresses to anyone.

92NSX,
770? Wow! now that is bad... I guess I'm not the one with junk mail issues. :D By the way thanks for the info everyone.

Back