Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

Re: Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

Update for everyone attending.

Lunchtime: Costco is just up the street, so I'll run and grab some of their horrible pizzas :biggrin:

Dinner: Here are 4 places to choose from:
1. Japanese Sushi- Ozeki Sushi in Camarillo. 10 miles away.
2. American BBQ - Bandits Grill and Bar. 7.6 miles away.
3. Italian - Ottavios Italian Restaurant. 7.6 miles away.
4. Chinese - Peking Inn Restaurant. 7.2 miles away.

All of the restaurants are on the way home towards LA from Jim Hall and right off the 101 Fwy.
Been to them all and they have great food. I should make reservations for this size group, so let me know on the place you decide to go!
See you all soon,
John :biggrin:

Re: Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

NsXMas said:
Hi John, I haven't made reservations for my flight home yet. My vote is for sushi, as always. But I'll need to leave early enough to catch a flight home at LAX.

Can't wait!! :D

I'm voting for sushi too. :biggrin: Thanks John for putting lunch and dinner options together.

I'm taking Frank to the airport, so I concur with some sort of reasonable and semi-reliable departure plan so reservations would probably help.

hey chris

just emailed Scott and it's not a problem for him to ride with me.

But, i realized today that I need to be back in Irvine by 8pm so I probably will skip out on dinner and head back at 5:30pm. If he wants to stay for dinner, perhaps he could hitch a ride back with you guys.

where are you meeting at 5:30am Thursday morning? (714) 878-2891 is my cell.

Ed

Hey Ed,

Good to know that you are able to arrange to ride with Scott. Are you sure you want to drive through LAX around 6pm? :confused:

We are leaving from my house at 5:30am. As long as Scott's car is not too far away from Jamboree and Walnut, I can send him to his car when we get back in town.

Scott, one way tickets are a lot more expensive. :wink: One way to make sure you get home is to always stay behind me on the track. If you keep lapping me, I may not have enough room to take you. :tongue:

Are we using club radios to help hook up? What about Troy from SD, is he just not sleeping all night or a hotel guy? Watch for him late in the race! :eek: Why do we park in the driveway and drive in the Parkway? These questions and more will be revealed at the Karting SuperBowl! :redface: Can't Wait :biggrin:

Anyone from the EAST side wants to carpool???

I can not find the address on map quest????

Please help!!

Thanks

coolnsx said:
Are we using club radios to help hook up? What about Troy from SD, is he just not sleeping all night or a hotel guy? Watch for him late in the race! :eek: Why do we park in the driveway and drive in the Parkway? These questions and more will be revealed at the Karting SuperBowl! :redface: Can't Wait :biggrin:

I'm carpooling up with Frank Wednesday night. We'll be the ones well rested in the morning. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Club radios are not a bad idea for the drive home after din din though. I'll bring mine.

Based on directions on their site, this seems to be the spot (more or less):
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=2600+Challenger+Place&csz=Oxnard%2C+CA+93030&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Chris,

Just sent you a PM for your address. I also sent Scott a PM to meet me at your place. See you tomorrow at 5:30am.

Unfortunately i've got 6 or so guys coming over to my house to watch the UCLA vs Gonzaga game on my big screen at 8pm & that's why i'll have to suffer thru traffic. go BRUINS!!!

Ed

tbNSX said:
I'm voting for sushi too. :biggrin:

The only times I can recall saying no to sushi was when the chefs said that they are out of Uni. Noooooo!:tongue:

bambookid said:
Chris,

Just sent you a PM for your address. I also sent Scott a PM to meet me at your place. See you tomorrow at 5:30am.
Ed
Ed ~ I'll meet you at Chris' at 5:30. So #$%@ early, see ya'll in the morning.

Last edited:

There's going to be a whole bunch of folks at his gate tomorrow at 5:30AM, anyone know how to get in :confused:

coolnsx said:
There's going to be a whole bunch of folks at his gate tomorrow at 5:30AM, anyone know how to get in :confused:
PM'd you

Oh snap, what a blast!!! Not to mention a fun and educational event!!!

Thanks to John for organizing the event!!

I really learned a lot about outdoor karting, driving lines, and how to have a boatload of fun zooming up and down the track. What a great educational event to make us all better drivers!!

I hope everyone made it home safely. I'm glad my flight was running late, as we hit the normal chaotic traffic going down to LA.

I ended up chatting with a USC student who was flying to see his grandparents, who were in their 80's. Since our flight was delayed, and we were going to land so late, I offered to give this young student a drop at his destination, as it was on the way home. Turns out the student worked as a valet at various restaurants, and had interesting stories to tell of parking Ferrari's and other exotic cars. It was very entertaining on the way to drop the kid off at his grandparents.

Here are some photos from the day. I took minimal photos because CDUB and others were shooting so many photos. Please share your photos as I have no other photos!!

PS - See you Day 1 grads at Day 2 in the summer!! :biggrin:

9246cdub.gif

9246nsx.gif

I messed up a lot of good shoots and they came out all over exposed when I tried to set the cameron on continuous shooting mode. Here are what are some semi-decent ones.

tbNSX, you did capture my spin on turn 11 on video.:redface:

The day started as a friendly one.
3710IMG_1403_small.jpg

tbNSX making sure that his shoes are on tight.
3710IMG_1434_small.jpg

Because if you don't, you'll need racing tape to keep them from falling apart. Can you tell who that was from his shadow? :tongue:
3710IMG_1433_small.jpg

Bambookid practice saying to the officer "You can't give me a ticket for going too fast?"
3710IMG_1435_small.jpg

And then the game's on.
3710IMG_1392_small-med.jpg

3710IMG_1412_small-med.jpg

3710IMG_1429_small.jpg

I can only recognise ss_md because of his helmet.
3710IMG_1426_small.jpg

3710IMG_1423_small.jpg

Me nailing the apex on the last turn.
3710IMG_1391_small-med.jpg

Everyone were just kicking back towards the end of the day. Tired and exhausted.
3710IMG_1404_small.jpg

Last but not least. Anytime knowing that he just snapped the best lap time of the day.
3710IMG_1491_small.JPG

CDub said:
... tbNSX, you did capture my spin on turn 11 on video.:redface:
Cool! Great pics Chris!

Thanks John (Anytime) for organizing a great event! It was not only educational, but a blast and a real adrenaline rush traveling just inches from the ground at high speed. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back