Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

Re: Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

coolnsx said:
Since we have two openings left I'll contact my waterproofer to fill one space.

Frank, Scott and Si, I think one of you have paid already. The reminding 2, could you let us know if you are still planning to go so that we can free up the spot for Gil's friend?

Re: Jim Hall Karting School On March 23 - Sick day! Cough, cough, sneeze................

Me and my buddy are all paid up!!

Count two more...:biggrin:

Graham

1. coolnsx - Gil PAID
2. DaveG - Dave PAID
3. Rod - PAID
4. awsomr1 - James PAID
5. Ryan H PAID
6. Lloyd Wright PAID
7. ANYTIME - John PAID
8. tbnsx PAID
9. CDub - Chris PAID
10. Si PAID
11. NSXMAS - Frank PAID
12. Graham S. PAID
13. Eric C. PAID
14. Rick Penprafe PAID
15. Tim Penprafe PAID
16. BambooKid - Ed C. PAID

Last edited:

My availability on the 23rd is looking "dodgey" at best and I will probably need to cancel.

If we're at capacity and we need my slot, let me know before I pursue the cancellation policy.

Dave

DaveG said:
My availability on the 23rd is looking "dodgey" at best and I will probably need to cancel.

If we're at capacity and we need my slot, let me know before I pursue the cancellation policy.

Dave

Dave, that really blows .... or sucks! (take your pick) :biggrin:

I just read the contract. As long as you cancel 10 days prior to the event, you only pay $25. Not bad if you ask me.

Last edited:

CDub said:
Dave, that really blows .... or sucks! (take your pick) :biggrin:

I just read the contract. As long as you cancel 10 days prior to the event, you only pay $25. Not bad if you ask me.

Not exactly. The penalty is 50% if you cancel at this point, unless someone else is found as a replacement. If that is the case, then it would only be $25.
The school we are attending is now based on a group event, with individuals all paying seperately. That gives us the exclusivity of the track to ourselves. If we stayed as individuals, then the day would be open to anyone.

ANYTIME said:
Not exactly. The penalty is 50% if you cancel at this point, unless someone else is found as a replacement. If that is the case, then it would only be $25.

So the pdf that we received today is incorrect then.

If he can find a replacement, why should he be paying $25? Just have the replacement shows up as Mr. G and be done with it.

CDub said:
So the pdf that we received today is incorrect then.

If he can find a replacement, why should he be paying $25? Just have the replacement shows up as Mr. G and be done with it.

Sure, as long as the replacement is Daves height, weight and age :biggrin:
They class us together by stats, so Big fat John is not running with someone smaller, lighter and much faster like Frank :eek:
I'm pretty sure they check ID's.

If it weren't because of our group effort, I don't think they are going to have 16 people on a thursday. As long as we've reached pass the minimum head-count of 12 , they should be flexible for the people that have last minute schedule conflict.

Dave, you should try hard to get as much of your money back as possible. If you want, I can put in a call and see if they'd consider accepting your cancellation with a $25 cancallation fee. We are potentially going back for the shifter kart class in the future after all.

I think these kind of rigid policies are unreasonable.

Thanks for the feedback Chris, all.

I'm inTokyo right now, returning late today. I'll call these guys on Monday.

Will let you know what happpens.

Dave

If there is anyone that missed out and wanted to go, here is your chance.

The first person to call Jim Hall, sign up and pay will be able to go in Daves place. Only one person will be able to sign up, so don't hesitate.

Please indentify yourself as being in the NSX group.

OK, for those that are planning to drive up from OC in the morning, I'm trying to determine whether to drive my NSX or not. We can caravan in a group of NSXs.

Since it is really not an NSX outing, I'm considering driving my Legend. If you are in my area and would like to catch a ride from me, we can save some gas money and 200 miles on your NSX. I'm planning to have dinner before we head back in town just to avoid the rush hour traffic. Let's talk if you have similar plan.

Since Jim Hall is around 100 miles from Irvine, I'm thinking of leaving at 6:00am. We should be there by 8 no problem. Let me know.

p.s. Dave, I hope that you got your situation straighten out.

CDub-It looks like Dave will be able to go, if so we'll drive his TL and pickup Ryan somewhere. Dave is in mourning, he sold his car today.......to Ryan :biggrin: His new SILVER "99 is currently in transit. Congrats to both

Well, well, well, congrats to both of yous.

I hope that Dave informed Ryan that he once wrapped his car around a tree and totalled it. And that was 5 months after he rebuilt his engine after he blew it up shifting to 2nd gear at 140mph.

Can I catch a ride from you guys? :smile:

I'm just happy to own a Legend, you and ryan have the "new tech" cars :wink:

Plus my NEWEST car is 9 years old! Lucky their Honda's :biggrin:

DaveG said:
No.

Tattletale.

Hey now, a little truth ain't gona hurt nobody. :wink: The damages were nothing a sledge hammer and some elmer glue can't fix.

coolnsx said:
I'm just happy to own a Legend, you and ryan have the "new tech" cars

Hey you conveniently left out mentioning your slammed Tubi NSX.

can i get a ride Dave or Chris. i live in irvine too. just let me know where to meet you all.

Ed

Hi Ed,

The current head count for OC is 5. Gil, Ryan and I are riding together. May be Scott can ride with you. We'll be staying in the area for dinner afterward to avoid traffic.

We are leaving the Irvine area at around 5:30am. I hope we can arrange so that we can still caravan together.

And DaveG... what can I say, he reminds me of Ross Perole ..... I'm in... I'm out... I'm in again .... doh, I'm out..... I have a feeling that he'll be sitting in his garage with his white gloves on waiting to inspect his new ride that day. :cool:

Chris

p.s. The weather is going to be just about perfect on Thursday. partly cloudy in the mid 60's.

You're mostly right Chris.

Have a good time guys - stop by this weekend to check out the new ride. Bring your own white gloves.

DaveG

Back